Things you vehemently disagree with the Giant Bomb crew on?

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#201  Edited By MisterMollusk

Star Wars sucks. And it is for jerks.

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Jared

Just the hate for the film Avatar, a few of the guys had it in their minds that Avatar would suck, refuse to see it even after all the reviews, and continue to bash the film because it would go back on what they said...Heck, I think either Brad or Vinny liked it but didn't really praise it on the podcast that much because of Ryan's disgust for the film and the "evils" of 3D (which he never saw). That's it! lol.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203  Edited By raiz265
@Jankenstein said:

" Their love for fallout 3. "

and imho PC > consoles. 

edit: also, soldier in borderlands is meh. 

and startrek is at least as lame as starwars
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I disagree with their decisions not to have standalone mustaches.  Each of them should grow one. 
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I think video games are art.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#206  Edited By august
@Jared:  Ryan saw Avatar, and his criticisms were based on the pandering nature of the plot. fyi.
XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By XxBarretxX

There love for MW2, not event he best FPS of the last year.  

Blazblue epecially

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#208  Edited By Belonpopo

Thier hate for Dragon Ball Z and anime in general, their secret hate for Halo.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#209  Edited By AgentJ

I was going to disagree with "That Anime is for jerks." Unfortunately everyone has already done that one, so I'll go with their opinion on Sky Crawlers' controls.  

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#210  Edited By jacksukeru

I disagree with them about a few things, but  vehemently? there isn't really anything that bothers me that much. Mostly because I believe (I guess I can't say I know for sure) that they are decent enough people, that they would never try to convince me to stop liking something I liked just because they don't. 

And if I for instance said I was into anime we could still totally get along since we both agree that anime is for jerks. 

No really, it is, but I still digg it.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By damswedon
@xobballox: I'd normally agree with but someone remixed it on youtube and I'm prone to being influenced by remixes.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By damswedon
@Hitchenson said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
" Anime is not for jerks. "
It kinda is. "
Elaborate. "
Sure. Jerks like anime.  "
Not all  Scout Leaders  are Pedophiles, but all Pedophiles are Scout Leaders.
fezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#213  Edited By fezz

I liked Brutal Legend a lot.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By TheGreatGuero

They don't like Star Wars? I didn't know that. Okay, so I disagree with them on that.

Also, I disagree with Jeff's review of the Scarface game last gen. Sure, it changes the end of the movie, which is lame, but we knew that like a year before the review came out and he still couldn't let it go. I thought it was a really solid game overall, that made a lot of smart decisions and even some improvements over GTA (a couple of those ideas even ended up working their way into GTAIV). I also though the soundtrack was really great. Though, it did add some modern songs, which was a bad move. Yeah, I guess I'm still holding a little bit of a grudge.

Also, I think the Splinter Cell series has been pretty great, and Ryan hates Yoshi? No way. Dude, Ryan. Not cool, bro.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#215  Edited By Captain_Insano

My main disagreement is with the notion that pretty much everything should go download only as a mean of purchasing. For a lot of people the net on consoles is still something they are catching up with or, like me, they live in a country where the net SUCKS and it takes all your quota usage to download a game or it is fucking slow. There still exists a market for games in stores. Oh also prices on the net don't drop (I mean steam has sales but Games on Demand? Piss off)

That is all really

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#216  Edited By Synthballs
@oldschool said:
" @Linkyshinks said:

" Just about everything. "

You need to be more like me then  :-) 
"I don't disagree with anything they say or do now, as I was so bored with what they did have to say, I stopped reading and listening ages ago."
"
I come on here for the Forums only just about. Look at a video once a month?

The endurance run wasn't entertaining in the slightest and I'd rather eat a needle that gave me cancer then listen to the Bombcast again.
Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Rockanomics

Jeff's distaste of people who use Ventrillo... I use Ventrillo :(

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#218  Edited By pirate_republic

I detest Ryan's dislike of milk. There is nothing wrong with a nice solid glass of regular-ass milk. Unless you're lactose intolerant, then by all means, drink your hemp milk.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Akeldama

Their feelings towards older (better) silent hill games

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#220  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Jeff and Ryan are so opinionated that I'm actually starting to hate anything they have to say. I used to respect everything they said, but now I find myself not caring anymore. I don't come here for the content, I come for the community now.  

Vinny and Brad are pretty cool, though. 

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By DeShawn2ks

I didn't agree with them when they picked Uncharted 2 over Batman AA for GOTY but then I got a PS3 and actually played Uncharted to and felt like a a** for not seeing the light sooner.  But still Batman AA is still a awesome game and a very close second.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By RsistncE

The only thing I've really disagreed with them on is probably a handful of their reviews, but not much else.

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Semition

I disagree with advice they give in RPGs.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#224  Edited By ch13696

I disagree with a lot of stuff. Mainly the RTS fiasco. If you can't strategize after the first couple of missions then there's no reason that you should play it or even talk about how much you hate it. Just say it's too hard for you and leave it at that. I also disagree with their hate for anime. I don't watch much of it anymore, but when I did, I thought it was cool that it was totally different than what us Americans have. As a matter of fact, I think they don't like anything that's not American made. That's just what it sounds like.

RCenk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By RCenk
@TheJollyRajah:  Yeah I'm starting to feel that way too. Even though they don't look it, I feel like they have the mentality of hipster elitists sometimes, and boy do i hate hipsters.
Dyermaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#226  Edited By Dyermaker
@Lamashtu said:
2. Them knocking on RTSes for becoming too complicated: I think back to Jeff's sentiments of Silent Service: "Most kids aren't totally stupid to not be able to pick up on the nuances of a game." Given that 10% of an RTS is based on knowledge of the mechanics and the other 90% on feint and psychology, as long as they're able to pick up on games like Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter, they could be at least respectable players at RTSes. 
This basically.  I don't think a single member of the GB staff is even remotely qualified to be doing professional reviews of real time strategy games.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#227  Edited By the8bitNacho

I believe Jeff once said that people playing on role-playing servers in MMOs are scum.  I'm not an RP'er by any means, but I still think that was ridiculous of him to say.  He's judging a type of person in this case, rather than a type of game, and it was incredibly unprofessional.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By LiquidSwords

Probably already been brought up, but the Dante's Inferno review was total BS! Also their dislike for button masher games.