• 85 results
#1 Edited by benspyda (2041 posts) -

Hey I just had an impulse to make a thread about things you would really want to happen (but probably won't). So what do you want to happen!

What I want:

• More games to be made like Arkham Asylum(not City!) and Dark Souls. Semi-open world games that are richly detailed and filled with secrets.
  • For Hollywood to create big blockbusters that aren't Comic Book movies.
  • For Radiohead to create another album like In Rainbows.
#2 Posted by mmzOne (279 posts) -

These would be nice for starters:

• Teleportation device.
  • Time traveling device.
  • Replicator from Star Trek.
#3 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@mmzone said:

These would be nice for starters:

• Teleportation device.
  • Time traveling device.
  • Replicator from Star Trek.

With teleportation you gotta be careful you're not being destroyed and replaced with a perfect copy, your conciousness might end and be replaced with a mere copy without you ever being aware.

There is only cause for harm with time travel. The beneficial uses for it are far too rare and specific for this to ever be considered a good thing.

Everyone knows replicated food tastes bad.

#4 Posted by Capum15 (4939 posts) -

There is only cause for harm with time travel. The beneficial uses for it are far too rare and specific for this to ever be considered a good thing.

The Doctor disagrees.

Space travel and colonization other other planets.

Games with insanely fucking huge space battles.

The future being like, 90% neon at night. Kinda like Deus Ex: HR + Tron.

Games with insanely fucking huge space battles. Seriously.

#5 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4252 posts) -

For Killer Instinct to get 9.5 somewhere, and prove themselves its legitimacy, regardless of how ragey it's malarkers get.

#6 Posted by Fearbeard (834 posts) -

The Bombcast crew to be excited about games again.

#7 Posted by pyromagnestir (4327 posts) -
#8 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@capum15 said:
@clonedzero said:

The Doctor disagrees.

Space travel and colonization other other planets.

Games with insanely fucking huge space battles.

The future being like, 90% neon at night. Kinda like Deus Ex: HR + Tron.

Games with insanely fucking huge space battles. Seriously.

Wait, what.

Isn't the entire premise of Doctor Who him running around fixing time travel goofs? Oh and that whole silly TIME WAR nonsense.

#10 Posted by Capum15 (4939 posts) -

@clonedzero: He saves a lot of people, changed peoples' outlooks for the better and has brought peace to a lot more. He also saved the whole of creation.

One episode dealt with basically a clone war (lasted seven days, but hundreds of "generations") over "The Source" (a terraforming agent), in which the Doctor managed to stop the war and start the terraforming process to make the world habitable.

#11 Edited by psylah (2181 posts) -

Boning.

#12 Edited by benspyda (2041 posts) -
  • People should just chill out and stop getting angry and hateful for no reason (better than my previous one)
  • Some one to clone Joss Whedon so he can make more shows and movies
  • More Chocolate
#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I want to see @video_game_king appear beside me this instant. Naked. ;)

That ain't happening. Far too busy to make that a reality.

#14 Posted by benspyda (2041 posts) -
#15 Posted by pyromagnestir (4327 posts) -
#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#17 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1625 posts) -

Persona 5

#18 Posted by schreiberty (208 posts) -

Half life 3

#19 Posted by Zeik (2573 posts) -

Everyone knows replicated food tastes bad.

But without that we'll never reach a proper dystopian future.

#20 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -
#21 Posted by pyromagnestir (4327 posts) -

@video_game_king:

Don't try to entice me with your sweet melodies. We're through!

#22 Posted by benspyda (2041 posts) -
#23 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I want Nintendo to release a white 3DS XL in the US. Black would be OK too. I've been wanting to buy one forever but they all look like shit.

#24 Posted by egg (1469 posts) -
  • all vegan food is tax free / government subsidized / w/e
  • all parents are legally restrained from speaking to or come in physical contact with their children
  • all parents required to pay perpetuity to each kid for life
  • minimum age requirement lifted (for working)
  • voting age requirement lowered to 12 if not lower
  • homework illegal, teachers who break this get fined or jailed
  • schools reformed so that they actually prepare students rather than learning history or reading fiction
  • school no longer mandatory
  • sale of alcoholic beverages banned to those who have yet to drink. Those who did drink before the ban was implemented will receive a permit allowing them to fuel their habit. I call it Prohibition 2.0. Do the same for cigarettes.
  • prisons are reformed and there will be no more "tossing the salad"
  • length of criminal sentences drastically reduced
  • teaching religion to kids illegal as is making them enter a place of worship.
  • suicide both legalized and government-facilitated. We don't need no people jumping in front of trains.
#25 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5823 posts) -

I'd like to see completely immersive VR in the next five years.

#26 Posted by awesomeusername (4224 posts) -
  • Grilled cheese. Grilled cheese everywhere!
@egg said:
  • all parents are legally restrained from speaking to or come in physical contact with their children
  • schools reformed so that they actually prepare students rather than learning history or reading fiction
  • sale of alcoholic beverages banned to those who have yet to drink. Those who did drink before the ban was implemented will receive a permit allowing them to fuel their habit. I call it Prohibition 2.0. Do the same for cigarettes.
  • suicide both legalized and government-facilitated. We don't need no people jumping in front of trains.

Wait. How old are you??

#27 Edited by benspyda (2041 posts) -
  • Real life should be as moddable as Skyrim (Clean body mods for everyone!)
#28 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

While we're at it, all the different themes/colors of 3DS to be available worldwide and no more region locking.

#29 Posted by Patman99 (1614 posts) -

@supamon said:

While we're at it, all the different themes/colors of 3DS to be available worldwide and no more region locking.

This is clearly the most important and noble request that has happened thus far.

#30 Posted by Random45 (1240 posts) -

@egg said:

And this is why I'm glad no one in this thread is in a position to make any changes listed here possible.

#31 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

• Grilled cheese. Grilled cheese everywhere!
@egg said:

Wait. How old are you??

Take a guess.

#32 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (634 posts) -
  • Microchip injection that displays metabolic/hormonal information, how hormones will be affected by certain meal (timing) and in turn how those hormones will affect metabolism, recommendations of how to best achieve goals.

Tired of researching hours on end on one specific point of a broad subject on a general topic and comparing strategies and weighing the pros/cons of every little decision. Clear cut answers would be great to us health/exercise nuts.

#33 Posted by gaminghooligan (1468 posts) -
  • elimination of cancer
  • honest politicians (ha)
#34 Posted by Levius (1179 posts) -

Personally, making all academic papers free, or very cheap, at the point of access would be really useful. I am really sick of running into papers behind a pay wall, because my university hasn't subscribed to at particular obscure journal. Also, itwould be cool if Atlus reached a position, either being bought by a sympathetic company or making being independent work, that they don't have to worry and just get on with making games.

#35 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

all the clothes fall off all the sexy women in our office.

they could all put them back on again but it would be to late. i would of seen them all naked.

#36 Posted by PenguinDust (12568 posts) -

4 day work week.

#37 Posted by Xymox (2107 posts) -

Global amnesia. Everyone forgets everything.

#38 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
  • Berserk adapted into a high budget no holes barred movie franchise. With all the raw gore and sex it warrants. Gina Carano would make a kick-ass Casca.
  • An end to mandatory support of winner culture. Fuck the game of life. If you want to win, play sports or videogames or whatever - for fucking fun!
#39 Posted by awesomeusername (4224 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: I'm going to say anywhere between high school freshman to high school sophomore. So 13-15

#40 Posted by Sinusoidal (1677 posts) -

@seppli said:
  • Berserk adapted into a high budget no holes barred movie franchise. With all the raw gore and sex it warrants. Gina Carano would make a kick-ass Casca.

I don't know if this was intentional or not. Scary either way. Berserk is great. Or was I should say. Miura ought to have ended it 13 tankobons ago. Cripes, we haven't even seen the main bad guy in I don't know how many volumes now. Griffith who? How the hell does Guts keep being so angry at him? It's lost all momentum.

#41 Edited by Damodar (1429 posts) -

@egg said:

The worth of your ideas aside, I love that you've put together this plan to reform the world in drastic and broad strokes but specifically crack down on prisoners licking each others' assholes. I also really appreciate the image I had of a herald, reading a King's decrees from a scroll. "AND LO, THERE SHALL BE NO MORE 'TOSSING THE SALAD', SO SAYETH HIS LORDSHIP"

#42 Posted by JasonLeeson (201 posts) -
  1. Bring Matt Kessler back as a permanent intern.
#43 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1479 posts) -

1. I want to go to other planets damn it!

2. Keep the former interns as former interns. Or make them fight in a wrestling ring for the right to be a semi-permenant intern on the site.

#44 Edited by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

1. I want "Thats million bucks" guy to come back

2. HIZANG i miss that guys random threads

#45 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

@xymox said:

Global amnesia. Everyone forgets everything.

that is the most delicious idea ever

#46 Posted by believer258 (12019 posts) -

@seppli said:
  • An end to mandatory support of winner culture. Fuck the game of life. If you want to win, play sports or videogames or whatever - for fucking fun!

Not a high budget live action movie, but I have good news for you.

#47 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@seppli said:

Not a high budget live action movie, but I have good news for you.

More like old news. It's the thought that counts though. Thank you.

#48 Posted by hanktherapper (381 posts) -

4 day work week.

Have that. It isn't as wonderful as you think.

#49 Edited by hanktherapper (381 posts) -

Microsoft reverses again and makes XBox One always connected.

Bobby Kotick gives me $50,000 out of the kindness of his heart.

The song "Uptown Girl" has been stuck in my head for the last 10 years. I would like that to stop because I'm getting suicidal.

I want Ryan Davis back, dammit.

#50 Posted by falserelic (5476 posts) -

I want a Resident Evil: Outbreak file 3 goddamn it. It has so much potential to be a thrilling co-op experience. Operation raccoon city suck ass, so why not revive the outbreak series?