Think about the last game you didn't finish. You didn't finish because...

• 125 results
sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Think about the last game you didn't finish. You didn't finish because... (409 votes)

you got bored. 62%
a new game came out. 21%
you don't remember. 9%
it was too hard. 9%
you found out the ending. 0%
 • 
Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By Sinusoidal

Radiant Historia, I stopped a few hours in. Normally I'm pretty patient with games, but that one's just too slow to get going, and too quick to dump all kinds of time-travel and alternate dimension stuff in an otherwise pretty generic fantasy setting that just makes things completely confusing right from the start. I might get back to it at some point. It did seem like it had a lot of promise.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By Hunter5024

I didn't finish Little Big Planet 2, because after an hour or so I remembered how bad the core platforming is in that series. Those games would be so much cooler if that weren't a problem.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#53  Edited By BeachThunder
Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (free with PS+). It's just so boring, I've got a friend who got a platinum trophy for that game and I can't imagine what a chore that must have been.

After that I tried to finish Dishonored, but for some reason that game just doesn't grab me even though there's nothing really wrong with it

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Assassin's Creed 3. Cause it was... Assassin's Creed 3

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By LackingSaint

Didn't finish Dragon Age: Origins because I could never quite get the combat to work properly (my allies would ALWAYS either always use ranged weapons or be idiots and run straight into danger with their sword), then to top it off I accidentally used a bunch of free DLC items that raised my companion's friendship levels straight to max. Really immersion-breaking and dumb, and just ruined one of the most compelling parts of the game. The equivalent of a free DLC item in Fallout: New Vegas that makes you allies with every single faction.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Over the past year I've developed this thing where I'll play a game and really like it, then just not play it for a week, then get back into it for a few days, then forget about its existence entirely. I don't know why but I rarely finish games nowadays. Guess I should go play HotS that I started two months ago, got halfway through and then quit.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I found Red Faction: Armageddon on my Steam list for whatever reason and decided to try it out. The game was an OK bit of mindless fun for a few hours but then I realized that it's summer and I can finally actually do stuff outside.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I started playing Final Fantasy IX and just as I got to disc 3 I got super bored and haven't touched it in months.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Wuddel

That happened last week and it was Hotline Miami. The last boss-lady instakills me. And it's not at all like in the youtube videos.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sploder

Deadly Premonition because it's all fucked up and broken and shit

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Dylabaloo

Fuck you Dark Souls.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I'm going to use Last of US even though I'm not 100% sure I won't get around to finishing it.

Basically I really like the characters, but I find playing that game to be really boring. At the point I'm at, I'm not really enjoying fighting the mushroom men enough to want to slog through it to get to the really great character interactions. I haven't touched it in over a week, and I have plenty of other games to be playing, so I may never get back to it

InternetJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By InternetJames

Persona 3 Portable. I moved country and could not find my the PSP charger! The thing has been dead for ages as I cannot find somewhere that sells anything close to what I need.

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By LeYcH

I finish most games that I play but I didn't finish AC:Revelations.
The story just felt flat, the gameplay was starting to get old, I hated the tower defence thing they added, it didn't "grip" me the same way AC2 and Brotherhood did. For me, that was the point that AC started to go downhill, I don't have high hopes for the next one. I finished AC3 but that was only because I wanted to see how the story ended, I'd say that was even worse than AC:Revelations.

Catherine as well, I liked everything about the game other than the actual game part of the game. I wish it was possible to replay the game but without the stupid box platforming bs.

Avatar image for deactivated-613c903ddf820
deactivated-613c903ddf820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the last games I didn't finish were Prototype and Assassins Creed 2. AC2 because I got bored of it plain and simple.

And in the case of Prototype I stopped playing it right around the time when Sony started dealing out the free 'we're sorry PSN was hacked' games and I got inFamous for free which turned out to be a much more enjoyable experience for me.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It's almost always because I get bored. Sometimes because I just have so much other stuff to watch/read/play and never get around to it, but if I'm really interested it would take priority.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I had Dead Space 3 from Gamefly for 2 months. Played about 4 hours of it. I was mad uninterested in it. And I loved DS 1+2.

That's surprising. Once I got into it, I enjoyed it. The crafting system took me by surprise a bit but my goal was to play through it and Tomb Raider by the time my 14 Day GameFly trial was up. I wouldn't recommend spending more than 20 bucks on it and it's no Dead Space but it's a decent sequel.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#69  Edited By natetodamax

I haven't finished Dark Souls because I don't hate myself enough.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By veektarius

I feel no obligation to beat a game I'm not enjoying. Such was the case with Red Faction: Guerilla. It might have been a blast at the time, but after having played great open worlders like Saint's Row 3, Sleeping Dogs, and Just Cause 2, there just wasn't enough tying together its open-world mayhem to hold my interest.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By frankfartmouth

Xenoblade Chronicles. Got about 40 hours into it, and it just wasn't working for me anymore. Love JRPGs, love Monolith Soft, so it seemed like a no-brainer, but for whatever reason, it started to really drag for me.

Honestly I can't pinpoint exactly what went wrong because on paper, I should love the game.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Renegade Ops, technically. Though I only played it because my nephew was looking for something to play and that sprung to mind, I have no intention of ever finishing it. Turns out I'm not a huge fan of dual joystick shooters. It was fun though, just not something I feel the need to finish. I'll maybe play some more of it the next time my nephew visits.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The very last game I actively stopped and have no intention of going back to was Shadows of the Damned. I got to the last section of the game and couldn't bear the combat anymore.

Edit: Now that think about it, it was actually Far Cry 3. I played a fair amount of the game. I also finished Blood Dragon and loved it, but I can't bring myself to play anymore.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dixego

The last game I didn't finish was God Of War Ascension, I was having fun but I was playing on hard and I got stuck in some balls-hard part pretty late in the game. I left it and continued to play Dark Souls like always, until The Last Of Us came out. Now that I've finished that, I'd like to get back to God of War but... I dunno. I lack motivation.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Scrawnto

I finish maybe 1 in 10 games that I play. Even games I love, I often don't finish. In fact, I haven't actually beaten 4 out of my top 5 favorite games. I guess that tells you how much emphasis I put on narrative vs. mechanics, atmosphere, art, and music in the games I play.

I just don't have time to finish all the games I've bought, and I like to experience as many games as I can.

magicwalnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By magicwalnuts

I was playing Wing Commander recently, and I got stumped on the mission where you have to protect the captured Ralari destroyer. But I mostly stop playing games cause I get bored.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol, tried to find the parts of that game that people loved but ended up rather bored.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

AC3 and Ni No Kuni because I didn't find them entertaining.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a ton of games that I still haven't finished but most recently is probably Alan Wake. I did get quite bored with the gameplay and I probably won't go back.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didnt finish my last game (Dust, an elysian tail I think=) Because I biught a new computer and my save was lost.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

Haven't finished Assassin's Creed 2 because the combat is just awful. The rest of the game became boring as well.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanctum 2.. so bored.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Walking Dead. It got to intense. I should go wrap it up, I skipped the GOTY discussions because of it.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find story based games can really suffer in their second act, most have a ton of filler in the middle that I sometimes get bored with.

NowSayPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By NowSayPillow

The last game I played but didn't finish was Fallout: New Vegas. I was enjoying the hell out of it but my save was corrupted (I keep multiple saves but the corruption went REALLY far back) and I got sick of the game constantly locking on me. I played Uncharted 3 instead and almost didn't finish that because the combat was tedious as hell. Eventually did beat Uncharted 3 though and I'm glad I did.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I didn't finish Animal Crossing because it's not my kind of game ..

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rage... because it sucks.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By zeforgotten

Because it's a long game and I only played two missions of it before having to go shopping.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Max Payne 3, it was just so goddamn boring!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#90  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Combination of B and "too tired after work for a few weeks straight, making it kinda hard to return to it". I'm not sure I've really found any games particularly boring.

But I'm not sure, it's more the exception than the rule that I actually finish games, not sure I've finished a single game so far this year, and it's pretty much been that way for me since forever.

Not sure I even really play games to see a story through to the end (most games I've finished have had pretty disappointing endings), but rather to explore and experience a world, which I often feel I'm done with before I actually get to the game's ending. Skyrim in particular was an example of that - I visited every city and their immediate surroundings, played through the civil war questline and quit after that. I didn't find it boring, but I felt I got what I wanted out of it.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I chose not to finish The Witcher because all I really wanted to do was play The Witcher 2.

Nosche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By connerthekewlkid

I didnt finish Dragons Dogma since I wanted to mess around in the world with some of the side quests but just didnt have time at the moment.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It was bad

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock Infinite - it sort of sucked a dick

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Live2bRighteous

Max Payne 3, it was just so goddamn boring!

I'm not sure how a human being can type such words.. but ok.

For me though, Alan Wake. I enjoyed everything about it besides the actual gameplay. Which... is kind of odd, because I'm quite fond of TPS's. The game had some righteous atmosphere... and I hope one day I can finish it to experience the ending.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By xyzygy

The World Ends With You. The combat was just so boring. It's just a button mashing and screen swiping mess.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Final Fantasy X-2.

I tried. I just couldn't do it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

If I have to do a section more than five times I just turn the game off. If I get stuck in that spot three days in a row the games is out of the machine never to be played again. This is 2013, NO GAME should ever bring someone to a point where they cannot continue. I don't care how good the game is or how bad the player is - no game should just leave you stuck after repeated tries. The game should either allow you continue having failed that part, or it should pass you onto the next part in a way that you can succeed.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many to count and some games I go back to, I question why I did at all. I went back to Alice: MM and that game was just dull. Sure the worlds are creative (especially 2) but they soon just get less fantastical and less appealing to me and it was just all too predictable as Alice travels through a world, asks someone a question, they tell her to speak to someone else, then you do that again and again until the game ends. It doesn't help that each level felt like it went on for far too long. Darksiders 2 is another game that I got 17 hours into and didn't want to go back to it. I was enjoying the combat but it felt much more like PoP than a dark Zelda with a story I just didn't care about in comparison to the first.

More recently however, I'd say Catherine as I got it with PS+. The service is a blessing and a curse. When the game came out, I played a short bit of it but I was going on holiday a few days after so didn't get a chance to really sink my teeth in. When I got back, Uncharted 3 came out so I went with that instead. At the same time Catherine came out as well was ICO and SotC HD so I'm kind of juggling between all those as well as KoA: R in addition to a backlog of Giant Bomb videos I missed while I was away and new content that comes out.