Think about the last game you didn't finish. You didn't finish because...

• 125 results
sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Think about the last game you didn't finish. You didn't finish because... (409 votes)

you got bored. 62%
a new game came out. 21%
you don't remember. 9%
it was too hard. 9%
you found out the ending. 0%
 • 
lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101  Edited By lun49gameon

The last game I couldn't finish was mafia 1 on PC. I tried for hours to kill the antagonist but I did not have sufficient ammo. I decided to watch the ending of the game on youtube but I felt dissatisfied that I could not complete the game.

I also did not finish the witcher because the Azar Javed fight was just too difficult for me. I nearly stopped playing the game because the koshchey boss fight was also difficult. I decided to skip the last few hours and just move on to the witcher 2, a much better made game in my opinion.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

I had Dead Space 3 from Gamefly for 2 months. Played about 4 hours of it. I was mad uninterested in it. And I loved DS 1+2.

I came really close to doing the same thing. Finally forced myself to finish it. Waste of money. Could have bought the game for less than the money wasted on renting it and trying to bring myself to finish it. So ridiculously boring. And I loved the first two games. Played both of them in just a couple sittings and went back and played them a second (and in the case of 1 a third) time right after. I was hoping this would be a case like Mass Effect 3 where people hated the third game but I thought it was fine, but boy was this one of the most boring games I have ever played.

As far as games I didn't finish, I'm pretty sure there are at least a dozen games I've put on hold currently. Most I will finish eventually. It is rare that I simply don't finish a game ever, but sometimes it takes a really long time (like years worth of time).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Dark Souls. I got really into it again recently. Got again all the way to the end game. Literally all I HAVE to do is beat the final boss and ended up not doing so for a second time. Before that Yakuza Dead Souls. Started it and just never gave it the proper attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-650f737f2e2d5
deactivated-650f737f2e2d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-COM: Enemy Unknown. The game fucking broke.

I got to the final mission with I think only 1 country panicked (playing on Normal), killed the boss, and the game glitched and gave me the game over screen. I reloaded my saves, but every time I beat it the game glitched. It was a rental, so I had to return it. The issue has been patched since then, I think. But I never technically "finished" it.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Assassins Creed III. I just quit mid-mission during the latter half of the game. I was running around and suddenly it just hit me; "I haven't had fun since Connor was introduced". So, turned it off, uninstalled game data, left it in a corner to collect dust.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ExplodeMode

Ni No Kuni. I was mega hyped for it and paid full price. Artistically it's a 10/10, but I thought a lot of the gameplay design was bad and the AI was so busted it's kind of insulting that it went unfixed it in the year (or more) between the JP and US/EU release.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By monetarydread

I was playing Tomb Raider and made it to the point where you are going to commandeer a boat upstream for, what I think, is the end of the game. Then Bioshock Infinite came out and I immediately started playing that game instead. For some reason I just never went back to Tomb Raider, despite the fact that I probably enjoyed my time with it more than I enjoyed Bioshock.

Edit: University probably had something to do with that decision though.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By penguindust

"Felt like playing something else / some other genre" or "Got burned out on it"

For me most of the time, I play a lot of a single game for an extended period of time and then I just need a break from that game. The game itself is still good, but I've just had too much of it so I seek out something different with the intent of returning later. Of course, that turns out to be either "never" or so much later than I need to restart the game anew.

Miyuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 14

#109  Edited By Miyuki

Sometimes I get bored, and I'm easily distracted by the new and shiny. My gaming time is limited right now - why waste it on a game I don't love?

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Persona 4, because the plot got too stagnant for me.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think it was Halo 4. Played the first mission, said "YEP! That's some Halo!" and never played it again.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassins creed 3 I did all the boat stuff and really enjoyed it but the " regular" game was too janky the characters too dull, and the overarcing Desmond part seemed super padded.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grid 2. It's nowhere near as good as the original. Car handling at high speed is just stupid.

Avatar image for disquisedjustin
DisquisedJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead Space 3, got about halfway through it, and then after I had died a couple of times and discovered how awful the check pointing was, in addition to the repetitiveness of the environments and the story just not gripping me, I gave up, was a HUGE let down compared to the previous 2, and I had a copy of Bioshock Infinite that was waiting to be played at the time and I had vowed to finish Dead Space 3 before I touched it, glad that I gave in in the end.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I stopped playing Red Faction Guerilla because it wasn't very good. Seemed like I could be doing something better with my time. I guess you could say that it was boring.

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Fire Emblem: Awakening was my last one. It was a great game, but after a certain amount of time, I got the gameplay and the story was pointless so I just stopped.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never not finished a game. I'm just one of those people that will sit through any movie or piece of media till the end.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Ni No Kuni. I was mega hyped for it and paid full price. Artistically it's a 10/10, but I thought a lot of the gameplay design was bad and the AI was so busted it's kind of insulting that it went unfixed it in the year (or more) between the JP and US/EU release.

If there wasnt an option to dumb it down to easy, i would have quit too. There are some really terrible diffciulty spikes that make no sense, and your companions are horrible in battle. I liked the game, but feel it may have been a generation too soon. While its a great looking game, imagine if there were more animated scenes instead of reading and picking dialouge choices.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@isomeri said:

I found Red Faction: Armageddon on my Steam list for whatever reason and decided to try it out. The game was an OK bit of mindless fun for a few hours but then I realized that it's summer and I can finally actually do stuff outside.

That was one of the first games, when i played it when it first came out, that i kept saying to myself, "Just end already, please." It had been years since i had that feeling towards a game. The final hours are just brutally repeatitive.

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started on Fire Emblem Awakening and got real close to the end but I stopped because depression and stuff.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember Me is really boring guys.

Jojojimmeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Jojojimmeny

When I think of games I never finished, the one that stands out the most to me is Mass Effect 3, and that's mainly because I never actually started it. (Still have a sealed copy sitting on my desk...)

I loved ME2 so much that upon hearing all of the complaints about how ME3 was handled, I kind of didn't want to go into the game with all of that in the back of my mind, and I just still haven't gotten around to that point. Also, I initially played ME1 on pc, then moved to the 360 by the time ME2 came out, so I've always wanted to go back and play the 360 copy of ME1 I picked up on sale purely to address some of the weirdness I experienced playing through ME2, without any of my decisions carrying over from the first game. Pretty much all of the parts in ME2 that referenced the first game were the opposite of how my Shepard handled the situation, and that always bugged me.

Edit: It's definitely not the most recent game that I haven't finished yet, but the one that bothers me the most.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#124  Edited By Yummylee

Persona 3. The dialogue is just so bad and all of the characters that I had met were terrible. I enjoyed the combat and the time-management stuff least, but I forgot to save when I died losing a fair amount of progress (such as having to fight a somewhat tough boss battle). That was the point where I just couldn't be assed anymore.

Actually, there's also Tales of Graces f, which again has crappy dialogue and characters, but it has also a nauseatingly bright and super plain art style to it. I unfortunately never got deep enough into the game to allow the combat to flourish, but it didn't seem worth it considering everything else sucks.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Valkyria Chronicles. I just bought a PS3, and while it was a really awesome concept I feel like it is way too brutal.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#128  Edited By myniceicelife

Tomb Raider, but that's because my desktop started crashing. New laptop runs it the same if not better then the desktop did, but still have to get back into it.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By PizzaSauce

Assassins Creed III, because at best it is mediocre, the rest of the time it's shit.