Thinking of buying a Laptop from Best Buy is this a good deal?

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By agentboolen

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about buying a new laptop and I was wondering if this one that I'm looking at is a good price and good enough to run games like COD MW2 and Left 4 Dead 2, I also do Multimedia design like Adobe Photoshop CS4 and 3ds Max. Here is a link from Best Buy, I would appreciate people thoughts on if this is a good Laptop for what I would be doing... And if you think the price is a good deal to. 

solidsnake360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By solidsnake360

Hmm, I think that laptop would struggle to play any of those games. The Graphics card just isn't up to snuff. That laptop would probably be good enough to play some older games, and play movies, browse internet ect.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

you won't get a straight answer from here everyone will say 
"yay don't you just build your own"

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The intel GMA integrated graphics card is a huge limiting factor of that laptop. It won't play many modern games. Perhaps L4D 2 since the source engine scales really well, but definitely not MW2.

EDIT: this web page gives a tonne of details about that graphics card. There is a decent list of games & the FPS it ran at different graphics settings.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By agentboolen

Thanks guys at this point I guess it doesn't seem like that great of a gaming computer.