Third game I beat in 2010: Bioshock 2

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

So World of Warcraft remains a monkey on my back, but I finally managed to solve the Bioshock 2 gametape. Like many others, I am certainly a member of the Cult of Rapture; Bioshock maintains its place as one of my top five favorite games. With that in mind, I was very excited (with a proper amount of reservations) for the release of Bioshock 2. I know it was not the original creators, but it was the idea of going back to that world I enjoyed so much that interested me. The setting of the game did not disappoint. Design wise, Bioshock 2 kept the look and feel of Rapture from the first game without feeling repetitive but actually added to it, which is one of the most important aspects of a the sequel to me. Sure, I loved the improvements in plasmid and gun play, but I just wanted to live in that world a little bit more. Initially, the story of the game was not doing much for me, but about three or four areas in, things were starting to get more interesting.  I don't really want to talk much about the story here, but I do think it is worthwhile playing for anyone who like the first game.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

So World of Warcraft remains a monkey on my back, but I finally managed to solve the Bioshock 2 gametape. Like many others, I am certainly a member of the Cult of Rapture; Bioshock maintains its place as one of my top five favorite games. With that in mind, I was very excited (with a proper amount of reservations) for the release of Bioshock 2. I know it was not the original creators, but it was the idea of going back to that world I enjoyed so much that interested me. The setting of the game did not disappoint. Design wise, Bioshock 2 kept the look and feel of Rapture from the first game without feeling repetitive but actually added to it, which is one of the most important aspects of a the sequel to me. Sure, I loved the improvements in plasmid and gun play, but I just wanted to live in that world a little bit more. Initially, the story of the game was not doing much for me, but about three or four areas in, things were starting to get more interesting.  I don't really want to talk much about the story here, but I do think it is worthwhile playing for anyone who like the first game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I remember beating it in 2010, too. Did a cool little blog about it where I was somehow able to link pedophilia and J. D. Salinger :P.