Third Party 360 Headsets

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By End_Boss

Well Bombers, my frustration grows. For the past while that I've been on XBOX Live, I haven't had a headset, since I recently moved and didn't think to pack one of the four that I owned (yes, four). To make matters worse, the only electronics store in town is a small Source outlet that has little to no gaming peripherals (this means no XBL headsets). Having just moved, I don't have access to a vehicle and therefore am also unable to get to any of the nearby Future Shops or Gamestops.

Being the determined kinda' guy that I am, I wandered down to the aforementioned Source today to see if they had an adapter that I could attach to the PC headset that I own, making it XBL viable. Well, they did have such an adapter, and I bought said adapter, only to get nothing but the silent wails of my own disappointment when I plugged it into my controller and created a test message.

What's the point of all this rambling, you ask? Well, quite simply it's to ask you if you've had any success with PC headsets coupled with adapters, and if not, which is your favorite third party 360 headset for under $30 bucks?

Edited for spelling mistakes.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By roofy

i had never put any thought into third party headsets.

guess i just take advantage of the  pack in

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I went on ebay to look for a cheap replacement headset a while back when I needed one and although most of that crap is some kind of weird Chinese knockoff I managed to find a packaged real Xbox 360 headset like the one that comes with the system (also from China though).  It's working fine for me.  Might be worth a try, unless you're not looking for the original kind.  That's understandable but I don't mind personally.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By crunchUK

the official 360 headset is under $30 :P

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer
Plantronics Over Ear Headset

This is the one that I use.  It has very good quality, and it still works fine after a year and a half.  The only problem I have with it is that it starts hurting my ear after an hour or so, but then I just switch sides!

Also, I may have tender ears, because my over the ear headphones hurt my ears, as well.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss
crunchUK said:
the official 360 headset is under $30 :P
Not in Canada, boy-o.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
End_Boss said:
crunchUK said: the official 360 headset is under $30 :P Not in Canada, boy-o. [more]
O_O

errr

try this www.ebay.com
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By xxNBxx

U don't need to look for just Xbox headsets.  I use an old cell phone head set and it works fine.  You might want to try looking for them as well.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Beyond wired headsets there are not 3rd party wireless ones the Microsoft official one is the only wireless one, other then that wired ones any thing with a 2.5 jack can be used *2.5 being a universal standard in headsets for cellphones...ect*

P.S: color me false there is a wireless 3rd party headset but it costs 129 dollars canadian and it doesn't use the wireless channel but a wireless usb dongle.