• 59 results
#1 Posted by narley (289 posts) -

It happens all the time. A good idea is used on the wrong developer. 

I bet it would be awesome to let Bioware or Blizzard have a go at pokemon. Or see what another developer comes up with given acces to RE, or silent Hill.. 

These arent the best examples but you get the picture. 

Me, I would like to see a Zelda game made by Team ICO, Makers of shadow of the colosus. Great boss fights. 

Wich developer should make what game. Choose the right developer because of the experience it has in that field, not because it would be great to see a kids game in the hands of Rockstar.
#2 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -

Bizzare Creations taking a go at Road Rash

#3 Posted by Willin (1279 posts) -
#4 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft:  
That's awesome! I think they would make a perfect Road Rash. Thanks for the link!
#5 Posted by SARRISS (141 posts) -

Bioware should have made Star Trek Online 
 Vigil should me the next Zelda 
 FromSoftware should make the next Mech Assault 
Silicon Knights should make Phantasy Star Universe 2 
Gearbox should make Earth Defense Force 

thats a radical start...

#6 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -
@narley said:
"
It happens all the time. A good idea is used on the wrong developer. 

I bet it would be awesome to let Bioware or Blizzard have a go at pokemon. Or see what another developer comes up with given acces to RE, or silent Hill.. 

These arent the best examples but you get the picture. 

Me, I would like to see a Zelda game made by Team ICO, Makers of shadow of the colosus. Great boss fights. 

Wich developer should make what game. Choose the right developer because of the experience it has in that field, not because it would be great to see a kids game in the hands of Rockstar. "
I was just talking to a friend a couple of weeks ago about how awesome a blizzard pokemon would be.....>_> get out of my head you wizard
#7 Posted by narley (289 posts) -
@Th3_James: 

LOOOL 
Expeli armus 
:D
#8 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

Platinium games should make the next Devil May Cry game.... 

or just capcom themselves really.....

#9 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I know it could never happen at this point, but I'd like to see Media Molecule do a Fable game.  It has gotten to the point with Fable for me that my dislike for the second game and my disinterest in the third game has caused me to not think back very fondly on the original which I thought I liked.  Even though I'm not really a fan of LittleBigPlanet either, I still think Media Molecule is making great games for someone, just not me.  So, I'd like to see them breath that life into Fable.  Since it's a very British franchise I think they're the best choice.

I still love Peter Molyneaux

though.
#10 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Criterion have to do Road Rash in some form right?  Either a new game or DLC for Hot Pursuit.

TaleWorlds should do Pirates!  Bioware should do something with historical fiction next (think a Sharpe / Hornblower / Jack Aubrey sort of character).

#11 Posted by SARRISS (141 posts) -
@Jethuty said:
" Platinium games should make the next Devil May Cry game....    or just capcom themselves really..... "
I like platinum games but I'm not sure about that. I'm sure they'd do a great job and make a fun game but we need someone to take it to the next level. I wish there was someone at capcom that still really cared about DMC
#12 Posted by narley (289 posts) -
@EvilTwin: 

Balls, LOL. 

Your right about the fable part. I enjoyed the first game, but not enough to have interest in the next 2 games. 
If Rockstar had acces to the development of the game, whille media molecule added its charm and style to it, it would be a TRUE open world, RPG, with actual british humor, not just fart jokes.
#13 Posted by MoonlightMoth (462 posts) -

Funcom (Ragnar Tornquist) should have made Heavy Rain.

#14 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
#15 Posted by SARRISS (141 posts) -
#16 Posted by xXwindoverXx (290 posts) -
@narley: I would say that Visceral should take a crack at Resident Evil!
#17 Edited by Siphillis (1290 posts) -

Valve should make a Half-Life game.

#18 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Bizzare should be making PGR 5 

Fuck you Activision.

#19 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
@xXwindoverXx said:
" @narley: I would say that Visceral should take a crack at Resident Evil! "

i second this  

also 
Bioware should make a final fantasy game 
tiburon should make a rugby game.
#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
  • Rockstar Games should've made APB 
  • Rocksteady Games should've made James Bond: Blood Stone  

i got nothing else
#21 Posted by Grumbel (910 posts) -
@AllIsHeresy said:

" Funcom (Ragnar Tornquist) should have made Heavy Rain. "

Or the other way around, have Quantic Dreams do the technical and gameplay side of the next Dreamfall, but keep Ragnar for the story and the Funcom artists for the graphics.
#22 Posted by Guyzea (815 posts) -

Valve should make HL2: Episode 3 or Half Life 3.
Bethesda/Obsidian should make a Shenmue game.
Criterion should make a new Road Rash.
Suda 51 should make a new Jet Set Radio.

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (11695 posts) -
#24 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@Siphillis said:
" Valve should make a Half-Life game. "
Ouch, what all this heat all of a sudden. Oh wait its just a massive burn.
#25 Posted by MoonlightMoth (462 posts) -
@Grumbel said:
" @AllIsHeresy said:

" Funcom (Ragnar Tornquist) should have made Heavy Rain. "

Or the other way around, have Quantic Dreams do the technical and gameplay side of the next Dreamfall, but keep Ragnar for the story and the Funcom artists for the graphics. "
Now that would be an enticing proposition.
#26 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -
#27 Posted by SquirrelGOD (491 posts) -

Rocksteady Games already did the impossible once with making a great Batman game, now I'd like to see them go after the Holy Grail of gaming:  Making a good Superman game.

#28 Posted by narley (289 posts) -
@BeachThunder: 

Yea, you would have to hack locked doors by playing peggle.
#29 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -

Criterion SHOULD make a Road Rush game... 

and BioWare should make a Tetris game. Think about it.

#30 Posted by narley (289 posts) -
#31 Posted by beeftothetaco (420 posts) -
DICE should take a shot at Halo. 
@narely said: 
"Me, I would like to see a Zelda game made by Team ICO, Makers of shadow of the colosus. Great boss fights."

And this.
#32 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11474 posts) -

I would talk about a developer I'd like to see make a new Might and Magic or Wizardry RPG, but all the ones I thought of are defunct. Sure, I guess we could have whoever does the Etrian Odyssey series do one, but they'd make it suck and I'd probably have to grind for 6 hours to get anywhere. Oh Japanese developed fauxbacks, you miss the point of why those first person party RPGs were good in the first place.

I would like to see Bioware make a fighting game. Why? Because of all the genre reversals I can think of, that would be the most insane. I don't think it would be a very good fighting game (see: Jade Empire), but it would be a crazy failure and one worth playing. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing them take a crack at the Bethesda style open world RPG either.

#33 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

Platinum Games should make the next Devil May Cry.

#34 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Get on it Gameloft.
#35 Posted by narley (289 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish:

LOL 
It'll be called N.Y.Noire
#36 Posted by LiquidPrince (15842 posts) -

Naughty Dog/Bioware merger. Imagine, a Mass Effect game with Uncharted graphics. I mean Mass Effect already looks good but if it was Uncharted good. Ohhhh.

#37 Posted by narley (289 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: 

That'be great. 
A new IP even, Bioware writing and Naugthy dog tech.
That would be the most hyped game of the year
#38 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Platinum Games makes the next God of War.

#39 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"
  • Rocksteady Games should've made James Bond: Blood Stone  
 i got nothing else "
A rockstar APB would have been sweet, Red Dead's free roam multiplayer shared a few similarities to it. 
#40 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Oh man... i used to have a couple dozen of these and now I can't remember a single one. I'll probably revisit this thread.

And the Road Rash by Bizarre idea is fucking golden. I still want motorcycle melee combat as a standard mechanic in GTA though (not just in races like TLAD had).

#41 Posted by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

Capcom. Sonic. Make it so.

#42 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@punkxblaze said:
" Capcom. Sonic. Make it so. "
Ah there you go. I'd like a Virtua Fighter made by anybody OTHER than Sega.
#43 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Irrational Games should make Duke Nukem Forever.

"I came here to ponder the consequences of mankind's pursuit of knowledge unrestrained and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out o gum."
"I've got balls of brass."
"I'll rip off your head and shoot bees out of my neck!"

#44 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

I agree that Bioware should have went for developing the Star Trek MMO over Star Wars but I will be just as happy if they end up making a Mass Effect MMO in the year 2015 or whatever.  

But just to add something new - Sports Interactive Games (Sigames) should jump ship to EA, so that FIFA has a bloody good footballing world for players to embrace themselves in.

I'm Scottish and I like my footie, ok?

#45 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4283 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"
I agree. IMO, RTW never made a great game. In fact, they only made one. Collectively, i don't think they had the experience to deliver such a huge project. Crackdown was good, but I could never see that game on a top 100 games list. Gamebreaker.TV had a fascinating interview with the producer in which he kind of spilled the beans on what went wrong and where. Basically, they spent too much time and resources in the wrong area. A lack of proper direction if you will. Rockstar, IMO, would've definitely handled it better because they know what makes a GTA-like game fun.

But I digress.

I'm not thinking this next one through all the way, but I'd love for Gearbox to take a crack at the Unreal Tournament series and maybe Platinum take a crack at Unreal Championship.

Also on a quick side note, I'm dying to see what Valve does with Dota 2. They wouldn't be my first choice I had my way, but now that they have the IP, I can't wait to see what they do with it.
#46 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Game Freak should make a Final Fantasy game.

#47 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

SWERY and Access Games should make Call of Duty 5.

#48 Posted by BeachThunder (11695 posts) -

Frictional should make the next Okami game - Amaterasu : The Dark Descent

#49 Posted by Schlorgan (176 posts) -
@Siphillis said:
" Valve should make a Half-Life game. "
You know, that doesn't sound too bad... ;)
#50 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

NOOOOOO! should make a fireplace game