This is NOT cool, Telltale.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You know what I love? Telltale. Almost as much as I like Strong Bad. Knowing that, it pains me to say that I am totally pissed at what they did.

I bought the first four episodes of SBCG4AP, and was about to buy the season's finale, when I realized that everytime I clicked "Buy," it added the whole season to my shopping cart. I removed it and downloaded the demo. In the demo, I clicked "Buy," and it did the same thing. See where this is going?

Turns out, if you were getting the episodes individually, you are effectively fucked-- and I'm not the only one. The only way to get it at this point is to pay for the whole season twice. I'll say that again.

In order to buy this 9 dollar game, you have to spend 35 dollars.

Of course, a Telltale employee soon gave us their rationale, explaining that we don't matter:

"In all honesty, single episode sales (especially spotty single episode sales -- as in, people who don't buy them all, but just buy a few) is a fairly small slice of our customers."

Fuck it, guess I'm getting the Wii version.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By weltal

Huh. Doesn't he say this in the reply you quoted:
"Actually, people who got the first four episodes from the Telltale store got a season upgrade for free earlier in the week."

And the full reply

"Emily already replied earlier in this thread saying details will be coming soon, and they will. In all honesty, single episode sales (especially spotty single episode sales -- as in, people who don't buy them all, but just buy a few) is a fairly small slice of our customers. That said, we don't like leaving folks out in the cold, and, as Emily said earlier in the thread, we'll get something going for you soon.

Thanks.

Bonus Hint: Stomping and swearing and threatening piracy won't help anything. "

So, uh... misrepresent facts much?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get a free pass. Seems like a decent amount of people haven't, either.

Fact is, we can't play it when everyone who got the pass can. That's bullshit.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By weltal
License_To_Bill said:
"I didn't get a free pass. Seems like a decent amount of people haven't, either.

Fact is, we can't play it when everyone who got the pass can. That's bullshit."
He made the comment yesterday night, think you might have a little patience? Sucks that you can't play it right now but on the other hand you should be getting it  for free.
JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnDudebro

I'd bought the first two on Wii, and all of them since then on PC. I just broke and spent $26 for the upgrade so I could get the disc version eventually.

That evened out to about $50 for the season. Granted, that's more than I could have paid, but I still feel like it's worth it.

Hope they send you that free pass, because Episode 5 is awesome.