#1 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

First, let me preface this by saying that I am not a successful individual. I don't have a lot going for me. I work a moderately shitty minimum wage job, which I have because I failed out of college. I almost didn't graduate from high school, and probably shouldn't have, because I handed in one of my finals late. I don't have a girlfriend, and I sometimes go weeks without seeing my friends at all because they live some distance away, don't have cars, and are in similarly shitty positions.

I have about 4500 troll/flame posts on this site. I say flame posts because sometimes my posts have just been legitimate assholery with no lightheartedness or facetiousness. Many of these posts have been because I enjoy annoying people and poking fun at various hypocrisies and illogical viewpoints that people hold, but sometimes I've just outright verbally assaulted other users because I was pissed off due to circumstances in my own life and wanted to make other people feel shitty as a consolation.

Regardless of my opinion of a lot of thoughts and ideas that people here have, this site has been the only daily constant in my life for the past 3+ years. I don't have a monthly membership because I can't afford to drop on a yearly, I have it because I really love this site and the people who work on it, and I think they deserve more than the extra $10 a year they get from me, and wish I could give more to show my support. Regardless of whether I agree with various staff members on things, I think this is hands-down the best-run website I've ever seen, and they're doing everything right to provide a top-shelf quality product.

With all that said, Ryan's death is some of the worst news I could imagine receiving. Even though I don't listen to the bombcast regularly, I've watched almost all the livestreams as they've happened, and I've grown to love all the wacky, funny, amazing shit the guys put out. Giant Bomb has been my homepage forever, and I always check a few times a day to see what awesome new stuff has been put out. Now one of the pillars of this site is gone, and won't be coming back. I watched livestreams on thursday and friday nights in college because I was dodging how shitty everything was, and couldn't deal with it, and I always looked forward to Ryan's jovial greetings at the start of every show, along with his shenanigans throughout.

I'm not a content producer. I don't have any developed skills in really anything, so I have nothing to really offer as a tribute. All I can really do is post this:

Thanks, Ryan, for all the great memories and entertainment you provided all of us. You will never be forgotten, and sorely missed. I wish I could wake up tomorrow, click on the late I Love Mondays, and hear you walking us through all the cool shit you guys are gonna do this week.

Regards,

Garrett Stevens