#1 Edited by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

All right, so I'm a video editor by day and I've had some downtime late in the afternoon recently, so I decided to mess around with some Whiskey Media videos just for fun. They're a treasure trove of dumb stuff, so here's what ended up coming out. (Spoiler: lots of dancing and weirdness.) It's a little Giant Bomb heavy cause those videos tend to be the nuttiest. Go figure! Enjoy!     

Update 5/25/11: Totally honored to be included in the new homepage community section. Glad they (and so many of you) enjoyed it!
#2 Edited by KarlPilkington (2709 posts) -

Okay the editing is fantastic, I still find it hard to watch with the music though.

#3 Edited by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@Scooper:  @Chabbs0: Yeah, guys, real sorry about that. /s
#4 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

That was really good

#5 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Chabbs0 said:
" Can't watch with that music. "
Conmsidering the video is edited to the music it'd be pretty fucking hard to change.

@drhans: Great job, man. Not keen on the actual tune, but that is crazily well done.
#6 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

really what the fuck is that music ? sorry dude, video's real eerie

Edit: however after cringing my way though that, i noticed your editing skills and how you used each and every lick and beat to go along with fitting scenery and video bits, so good effort.
#7 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

The song is "Dancingbox" by Modeselektor (German group).  Not sure what's so difficult about it. TTC rapping (French rap group), some beats and really cool vocal editing, like... if it's not your thing, that's cool, of course, but geez.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

I really dislike the music. Nice effort, though.

#9 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -
@drhans:
A really good video, and please ignore the assholes that commented on the music choice and forgot to mention that you made a fantastic effort.
#10 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I liked it. Those other dudes are just being rude. I thought the music matched up well with how you edited it. It was kind of catchy too. Good job.

#11 Posted by JCTango (1360 posts) -

Nice editing job man! 

It was pretty crazy and funny in a weird way... the music just adds to the weirdness heh.

#12 Edited by Diabloshadow (263 posts) -
@drhans: Some people are so close minded that they can't see your skills past their personal choice in music, don't worry about them. That was awesome.
#13 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Haha, thanks for the love, guys. Like I said, this was just something I made to amuse myself. Somebody doesn't like the music I chose? OH NO

#14 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -

Awesome job man. Forget about the negative posts. They are jealous.

#15 Posted by IBurningStar (2161 posts) -

10/10. Fucking brilliant.

#16 Edited by cyraxible (686 posts) -

The video was great. Really goes well with the music. Great job!

EDIT: Oh man got to Will with the shake-weight. 11/10
#17 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@cyraxible: Serendipity. =)
#18 Posted by rjayb89 (7719 posts) -

This reminds me. I need to open the Russian Whiskey Media, Vodka Media.

#19 Edited by htr10 (331 posts) -

yeah, really great effort.  one of the best edited videos i've seen in a long while.

edit:  just re-read your original post and saw that you're a video editor by trade.  so, you cheated, but also, excellent work.
#20 Posted by Alex (2021 posts) -

This is pretty much incredible.

Staff
#21 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" French techno rap? "
French techno rap is the official music of Giant Bomb.
#22 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

that was bangin

#23 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

Awesome video with superb editing! as pointed out though, horrific music!

#24 Posted by onlineatron (165 posts) -

Modeselektor rock! (dance?)

Forget the haters, great job man! 

#25 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

*thumbs up*

#26 Edited by KeepThisKoupon (94 posts) -

the music is not that bad

the part with will made me feel dirty
#27 Posted by htr10 (331 posts) -

i like how someone posts an incredible video that at least i think instantly becomes one of the signature pieces of WM community-generated content and the first 2 replies were overtly negative.  oh, the internet.
#28 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Sorry, but I could only watch about 10 seconds of it before I wanted to pick up the nearest sharp thin object and ram it into my ear drums just to make the noise I was hearing stop. Can't comment on the video editing.

#29 Posted by honkwas (13 posts) -

this is so awesome, great work man.

#30 Posted by Rabalais42 (29 posts) -

Great video dude. It sucks that everyone hates the music, but they probably don't matter anyway

#31 Posted by elcalavera (343 posts) -

Very, very nice! And that Will Smith... Jesus.

#32 Posted by JoMate (241 posts) -

This should be on the front page like now. Awesome work man, love it.

#33 Posted by mbkish (244 posts) -
@drhans: Awesome work dude. Not sure why people are bitching about the music; I think it is quirky enough to work.
#34 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

The music is weird, but it's not much weirder than half of the stuff Midnight Brown does. If Jeff had made that song, everyone would be loving it. I don't know what everyone is complaining about.

Either way, it's a great, well edited video.

Moderator Online
#35 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1412 posts) -

Its great... not sure about your music choice... Sorry.

#36 Posted by myketuna (1672 posts) -

I thought the video was good. Forget if you like the music or not for a second.

#37 Posted by macgrill122 (7 posts) -

Wow, that was awesome, great job. And I liked the music too, thanks. 

#38 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" That music is super fucking queer. Can't watch that. French techno rap? "
This is the best reply ever.
#39 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" The music is weird, but it's not much weirder than half of the stuff Midnight Brown does. If Jeff had made that song, everyone would be loving it. I don't know what everyone is complaining about.Either way, it's a great, well edited video. "
What? Not a lot of people like his Music.
#40 Posted by Asberg (78 posts) -

Now if this would be edited to a Nasum song...

#41 Posted by wafflestomp (247 posts) -

That was awesome and the music is surprisingly fitting. Good Job, Duder!

#42 Posted by DrJota (700 posts) -

Kudos.That's well put together.And also a secret bid for Bombcast World Tour???

#43 Posted by Yummylee (21470 posts) -

A damn great edit job you done here, and that song started to get my foot tappin. Don't think I'd wanna listen to it outside of that video, though. O_o

Also incredi-lol at the hyperactive spazzing out of Sara,
#44 Posted by dvorak (1496 posts) -
@htr10 said:
"
i like how someone posts an incredible video that at least i think instantly becomes one of the signature pieces of WM community-generated content and the first 2 replies were overtly negative.  oh, the internet.
"
Pretty much my feelings. The GB community is filled with self-loathing and infighting. The Screened, Tested, and Comic Vine communities are very different.

Great video by the way. I'm actually kind of a fan of that music.
#45 Posted by Lukin (26 posts) -

Video is excellent and the music's great too. 

I highly recommend Modeselektor to anyone who is into dance music, that track comes from a fantastic album, and its not all French techno rap :p
#46 Posted by johnLongview (133 posts) -

Awesome. I was entertained right up until the Willing off at the end.

Then I cracked up.

Also: the music is perfect for it. I don't know if you noticed, but the video is insane. The choice of words from the people who "couldn't watch it" because of the music is indicative of their thought processes.
#47 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

Great job. People complaining about the music are pathetic. I think it totally fits for what you were doing.

#48 Posted by Moth_Pope (454 posts) -

People are allowed to not like the music, and pointing it out seems worth posting when the video's been put up for comments... It doesn't instantly mean they're being spiteful and rude.

Anyway, I thought the video was good. I too wasn't very keen on the music either, but when it worked, it worked perfectly (ie. the part with Will and the shake weight). Brought back some good memories! Well done.

#49 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Like alot of other people, I'm not really a big fan of the music, though the video itself was great.

#50 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Chill out homey rollers. People shouldn't take any notice of my writing. I barely do, lol.