• 0 results
#1 Posted by RoloYoghurt (15 posts) -

This could only be me, but I found the Call Of Duty series crap especially MW2. I have played through the camped and played online for like 10 minutes (maybe less) but I just think the game is bollocks. I just can't enjoy any aspect of the game at all. But also, I did not enjoy any Halo games or Gear's of War. Is there something wrong. 9 million + people can't be that wrong....

Anyone else agree?

#2 Posted by MonkeyGekko (278 posts) -

Different people, different taste.

#3 Posted by Jhriad (115 posts) -

Everyone doesn't have to like the same thing.  Neither you or the "9 million+ people" are wrong you just have differing tastes.  

Don't even know why I bothered to post in this thread...

#4 Posted by Jeust (10655 posts) -

But you can. That's a matter of tastes.  

In a world where live almost 7 billion people, 9 million liking something, doesn't all that much. 

#5 Posted by Jasonofindy (258 posts) -
@RoloYoghurt said:
" This could only be me, but I found the Call Of Duty series crap especially MW2. I have played through the camped and played online for like 10 minutes (maybe less) but I just think the game is bollocks. I just can't enjoy any aspect of the game at all. But also, I did not enjoy any Halo games or Gear's of War. Is there something wrong. 9 million + people can't be that wrong.... Anyone else agree? "
No one has to be wrong.  Different people just have different tastes.  I like playing through the CoD campaigns on veteran and like the new coop spec ops mode, but could care less about the versus mode.  Different strokes for different folks.
#6 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@RoloYoghurt said:
" This could only be me, but I found the Call Of Duty series crap especially MW2. I have played through the camped and played online for like 10 minutes (maybe less) but I just think the game is bollocks. I just can't enjoy any aspect of the game at all. But also, I did not enjoy any Halo games or Gear's of War. Is there something wrong. 9 million + people can't be that wrong.... Anyone else agree? "
i agree
#7 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Dude, I've been saying all those series are crap for a long time now. Well, Halo's not that bad, and Reach looks like could be the Halo game I've always wanted to play.

#8 Posted by RoloYoghurt (15 posts) -

I know everyone has different taste's it was just a general question of why so many people love it. I don't know anyone who actually can't stand the game series like I can.

#9 Posted by skidd (460 posts) -

I played a bit of MW1 and WAW, but never really got into them. I wouldn't say they were bad or anything, just not for me.

#10 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

Nope, it's just going to anger GB dwellers who were hoping for a thread we haven't been over a billion times before

#11 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Hold on let me get my pitch fork

#12 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

You judge the multiplayer of a game after less than 10 minutes?

#13 Posted by RoloYoghurt (15 posts) -
@nanikore: I did, which I know isn't cool. I have played it a few times on my friends accounts but just can't get into it. 
#14 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

Ok Mr Theroux.

#15 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@RoloYoghurt said:
" This could only be me, but I found the Call Of Duty series crap especially MW2. I have played through the camped and played online for like 10 minutes (maybe less)
I stopped reading there....

cool avatar though...
#16 Posted by BeastIncarnate (29 posts) -

Does your enjoyment of a game determine whether it's crap or not?

I don't like the RTS genre. Name any popular RTS game, and I either hated it or could barely tolerate it. The biggest games aren't crap, they're just not for me. Actually, the only examples of games in the RTS genre I could stand for long at all were because of quirky gimmicks or interesting settings that encouraged me to put up with the gameplay. Maybe you're just not into shooters. It's tough to come to another conclusion.

No game is perfect. Heck, I just sold MW2 because I was sick of the online play. I recognize the merit of the game, particularly for it's fans, but it's just not for me.

#17 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Its not a bad game, but after playing through at least half of the single player and some of the multiplayer (steam free weekend btw), I didn't feel much for it.

#18 Posted by RoloYoghurt (15 posts) -

See I do enjoy those games. I enjoyed the Medal of Honour series and when the first Xbox came out I completed Halo but it's just this game.  

I can see that the games not for me and I'm not arguing that. This was more of a question of who else doesn't like this game and why. 

#19 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Meh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

#20 Posted by dustbunny (37 posts) -

You probably just don't like console FPS. Even though I like FPS, I didn't find neither the first or the second MW that good. The action was kinda loose, and the most of the guns felt the same.

#21 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@MonkeyGekko said:
" Different people, different taste. "
different strokes for different folks.
#22 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" Meh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. "
but can you really respect the opinion of someone who makes a topic bashing a game whose main mode (online) he doesn't try for even 10 minutes? Don't think so...
#23 Edited by pallorwag (87 posts) -

Well do you know what genre of game you enjoy? It probably isn't FPS, if you don't enjoy those big name titles (Gears excluded as fps, but still similar imo).

#24 Posted by TMThomsen (2074 posts) -

Saying you don't like the game is fine.
Saying the game is crap is wrong.

#25 Posted by Astras (973 posts) -
@RoloYoghurt:  MW2 is crap to me too, although I have been playing counterstrike and battlefield for about 10 years.
#26 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@nail1080 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" Meh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. "
but can you really respect the opinion of someone who makes a topic bashing a game whose main mode (online) he doesn't try for even 10 minutes? Don't think so... "
I didn't say I cared about his opinion.  He can just have one.
#27 Posted by Lomous (25 posts) -

"This might anger 9 million people but... " 

I don't think 9 million people are going to read this thread.
#28 Posted by Azrail (404 posts) -

its okay beacuse its tru, they are all console shooters 
gow is the only good one

#29 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Your just not into shooters I guess. Difference in taste. Some think Warcraft is crap, but they have like 13 million playing it...

#30 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

Everybody has their own opinion, nobody is right or wrong. 

However, trolling up the place to elicit a response from people... Different matter entirely. 

Personally I love the games, but I just don't get the appeal of multiplayer. I have never even entered the multiplayer menu for either MW1 or 2 and never intend to either. It's just not for me.

#31 Posted by RoloYoghurt (15 posts) -

Well, each to there own

#32 Posted by jonny0912 (6 posts) -

Personally, I don't mind the games. Even if i am rubbish and get shot to bits on them, it's still fun. Wouldn't say i love the games, wouldn't say i hated them.

#33 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -

The single player is fun while it lasts... let's leave it at that.

#34 Posted by RoloYoghurt (15 posts) -

I agree. 

#35 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2486 posts) -

You have angered me none sir. You may continue.

#36 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

Would you please dick off. 

I mean really, "I'm PC biased, and I don't like Halo, CoD, of Gears of War." 

DUR HUR HUR!!!! Shocker!!!

#37 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
 However, trolling up the place to elicit a response from people... Different matter entirely.
I don't think he's trolling, I think he's just wrong!
#38 Posted by Brendan (7813 posts) -

"Hey everyone, I don't like a popular game series, let me make threads about it to plead for attention!"  Says identical thread no. 1487.  No one cares, just as no one cares if you didn't like Avatar, Halo, or freakin Hamburgers.
#39 Posted by Clembo (341 posts) -

Meanwhile, at Infinity Ward:

"Hmm so people are complaining that certain weapons like the mp40 and trench gun are unbalanced in certain maps.  How can we make our new Modern Warfare IP more balanced?"

"Derp."

"Eureka!  What a fantastic idea, Zampella!  Make players who are already getting kills get even more kills by rewarding killstreaks with free kills!  Then there will be a huge kill/death disparity between the players that camp and farm easy kills and those that want to actually play the game!  I mean, why should games be based on skill and using a variety of play styles when you could just use one tactic and win every time?"

#40 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I didn't buy Modern Warfare 1 or 2. They just don't look very interesting. You're an army guy, and when someone pops up you shoot them with either a pistol, submachine gun, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, rpg or maybe sometimes a magnum depending on which game it is. Headshots will kill guys in one. 
And I know I'm not good enough to enjoy the multiplayer.

I love Gears though because it's fucking crazy all the time.

#41 Posted by TheHBK (5486 posts) -

You don't like it, you feel left out. Get over it.  Go back to playing... ugh... I don't know... Persona? 
Anyway, this game appeals to lots of people because like other fast FPS like Halo, Gears (not a FPS but meh, close enough), Battlefield, Unreal Tournament, Counterstrike and others is because they are like a athletic game, you score quick back and forth until someone wins.  It is competition.  So you probably don't like sports and thats cool.  I would say these games are most like basketball and for most people, that doesnt do much for them.

#42 Posted by Jayzilla (2562 posts) -

waht's an mw2?

#43 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

How about investing some time in getting good at it. Anything is better when you're winning.

I haven't played CoD Modern Warfare 1 + 2. Because I know who I am and what I like. I don't like arena-style shooters and maze-like maps, so I don't play them.

#44 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

I'd have to say 10 minutes is not long enough time to judge any multiplayer game.   I didn't like mw2 at the start either but I played it for the "lulz" now I've played like 10 days game time  I do enjoy it but it's not to say I don't get angry and annoyed with some of the crap that happens although from what you say you basically don't like most  popular online console shooter that has silly amounts of fan base which I can understand since a lot of the Halo, GoW, mw fanboys are just such assholes.  I wouldn't even dream of playing GoW2 without my friend, wingman ftw. ;P
#45 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

The 9 million people being the Asian-American residents of San Diego in the 1960s ?

#46 Posted by Pantalooney (317 posts) -

Do you like any console shooter?

#47 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Opinion with backup reasoning>opinion without backup reasoning

#48 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

call of duty 2 for life. but yeah everyone likes what they like. only nerds with rage get mad if you dont like something

#49 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -
@RoloYoghurt:  I don't agree with you but everyone is entitled to their opinion. There's nothing wrong with you since you also seem to like Louis Theroux which means that something is very right with you.
#50 Posted by Evilsbane (4619 posts) -
@RoloYoghurt said:
" . I have played through the camped and played online for like 10 minutes (maybe less)
Stopped reading.