CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By CL60
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" The game comes out in three weeks.  Does anyone really think they are going to throw away IWNET and totally change the multiplayer in that amount of time, or in the future?  I guess stubborn PC gamers will have one less game to play over the next three years.  "
And you stubborn console gamers will continue to get ripped off by all gaming companies because you all buy into their bullshit..:)
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By mhkjtha
@Diamond said:
" @PowerSerj said:
 @Diamond said:
Part of the reason I am getting the 360 version is to avoid cheaters, have more balanced online play...
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
A better idea than you by leaps and bounds apparently.  Aimbots are everywhere on the PC version of COD4.  PC gamers can be on different spec hardware, or running on different settings.  The console versions of MP games are ALWAYS better in the above ways (well not if you're trying to play a legit Xbox 1 game, as that system is cracked). "
How the hell is the different graphical settings going to provide imbalances?
and do you realize how anti-cheat works?
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By masternater27

If I was getting it on a PC I'd be pissed.  But I'm not, too many people I know play on 360. 

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By Hannibal
@PowerSerj said:
" @Hannibal said:
" I can't count how many times my favorite servers crashed, were down, empty, etc. Maybe they had different files than I did.  And a fast dedicated server is not the rule, it is the exception. "
Just rejoin afterwards. If your favourite server is really crashing that much, find a new server. It's not that hard. Servers being down, well, I can't speak to that because I've never come across a server that was down unless it has stopped being supported. Empty server? Find a new server, because this one's obviously not very good. Different files? Take 5 minutes and download them. If fast dedicated servers are an exception, then fast listen servers must be an oxymoron. "
These are all things that are frustrating to the play experience for anyone who isn't fiercely loyal to the dedicated server system.

And it's not just bad servers that go down or are empty, obviously. The best servers will still be empty in the middle of the night since the community based around any server is limited by the size of the server.

Oh and how fucking hard is it to join a friend's server under the dedicated server system? When I tried to join with friends, 60% chance we couldn't join the same server for some damn reason.
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By PowerSerj
@Vasta_Narada said:
" It's not like you had dedicated servers, and are now losing it. You aren't losing anything in terms of MW2, because you never had it to begin with. Not getting dedicated servers, or mods sucks, but a lot of people are acting like they've been playing MW2 for a while, with dedicated servers, and getting it taken away from you. Calm down guys. Don't buy it if you're that angry. "
Yeah, it's not like IW decided to spring the info a month before release.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By Damien

But the service hasn't come out yet.  What if it is really good?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By iam3green

thanks for the sign of petition. 

yes, it is getting crazy that people are starting to make bumper stickers of not getting cod modern warfare 2.  i have a PC, xbox 360 and a ps3. i plan on getting mw2 for the PS3 but it pisses me off that there are going to be no mods or dedicated servers. those two things are the reason why i like playing games on the PC. 

mods just make the game a lot better. you can find unofficial patches that fix problems that developers aren't going to fix. there are also great mods out there that make the game better. u can get guns that are more powerful then the regular guns. 

dedicated servers are another thing that makes PC version better. i would hate to play a game then read the host has ended the game. PC is another reason why i like it. some people might have high ping so they will join a server with high ping. another out dedicated servers then the will be a person that is really laggy. 

i'm not getting the PC version of the game but it just pisses me off when developers are more into the console version then the PC version. it leads to people that play on the PC waste their money on a game and the hardware they upgrade.

Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By Contra
@Vasta_Narada said:
" It's not like you had dedicated servers, and are now losing it. You aren't losing anything in terms of MW2, because you never had it to begin with. Not getting dedicated servers, or mods sucks, but a lot of people are acting like they've been playing MW2 for a while, with dedicated servers, and getting it taken away from you. Calm down guys. Don't buy it if you're that angry. "
No.  We have just been supporting the company since the begining; when noone else knew about them.  We were the ones playing COD 2.
And we have had it in every previous version.  

Hell I've had it since Unreal Tourniment.

10 years companies mastered how to do this to allow people to split into what they  want to do, and how they want to play.

We are the 100,000 (so far) in the petition.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By zeforgotten
@noobeffect: Sure it's important to me to play with people who are mature and don't act like total morons over their mics and stuff. 
But you've honestly never jumped on a server playing COD games and having some bad sheep amongst all of the players on said server? 
Because jerks aren't just a problem on the 360, PS3 or whatever. They're on the PC too you know, and I'm kinda seeing them come out from under the rock they live under now that this is going on. 

But I've had great games going through matchmaking on games too.  
So I don't see the problem. But that's just me, and I'm not against people being mad for missing out on something lifesaving to them. 
I mean, if you're pissed you should say so. But some of the people I see are going totally nuts over it and are like willing to give up a game, just because of that. 
Calling it shit before hand.. 

I guess what I really wanna now is:  
Is this going to ruin the game and make it total crap and unplayable and not fun at all? 
Can everyone who's against this honestly say now that "Hey, I'm not gonna enjoy this game that I have never played because it fucking sucks" ? 
Are you sure that you won't enjoy playing the game online because of matchmaking? 
Not even once? 

And I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, it's just mind-boggling how a game can be deemed a failure and trash just because of something like this. 

(sorry if none of that made sense, I'm kinda tired since it's pretty damn late here) 
Dante_the_Jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Dante_the_Jedi

I was on the fence whether or not to get this game or not, with the new high price tag from about £50 in the shops and down to about £35 online, but with this I am not going to get it. Now before people say  "well that is dumb" you have to know I am a student so I only have a small about to spend on games...and with all the removing of what makes the PC online gaming so good .

I don't really know, this dose have me enraged a lot, but it is a sad fact that this the way gaming is going. I may get the game used..in like 6 months. As I said I don't really know anymore, being a PC gamer is getting harder and harder...thank god I have DosBox...XD

note: I do have both the 360/PS3..and many other console 

noobeffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By noobeffect
@mrwolf710 said:
" I kind of wish that IW would just say something close to the truth like "Look, the PC is a tiny fraction of our audience.  We really hate having to support them anymore because it's a huge pain and even worse a huge time and money sink.  And since we make a gazillion dollars on console sales we don't really need the PC audience.  We're doing IWnet because it uses the same code as our Live integration uses and so takes us less time.  If PC users don't like it - we don't really care because we don't have to." "
If they really did this to restrict PC support, then they would have just used Games For Windows Live.

It's not that IW wants to close off PC support, they just want themselves to be the only supporters through their own system. Restricting mod support would be one way to convince PC players to buy the DLC.
TJSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By TJSmash

Just another nail in the pc gamer coffin.   :(

EndlessMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By EndlessMike

Whatever

reydeeeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By reydeeeezy

Like they say, if you don't like it don't buy it or buy another competitor's product. Would anyone know know the ration of console to PC buyers of COD4?  
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By mhkjtha

@natetodamax said:

"

Can someone please explain to me what is so bad about this?

*Had to bold it and shit because nobody is seeing my question*   I think people are blowing the whole thing out of proportion. They're basically saying "OH MY GOD, I'm not buying this game anymore because of the method for finding a match! Who cares if the game itself is great!? I have to play it LIKE A CONSOLE! FUCK INFINITY WARD"  Seriously, this is pathetic. "
  This isn't just a matter of how a game will be found. It's about how they will be played. PC gaming communities are built around dedicated servers. You know people in your favorite dedicated servers, because they play there as well as you. You know it won't lag there because its close to you. You know what kind of game-modes they'll be playing etc.

Did I mention the whole lag thing, and how huge of a deal that is?
You know how PC FPS more or less always allow for more players then their console counterparts? Dedicated servers.

This is a massive downgrade and a huge change to how things have worked. It's as if you'd suddenly be asked to type in friend-codes in your 360 version of MW2. You'd have a bunch of fanboys saying "it works fine on the wii, why not on 360?"
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Bgrngod

I canceled my PC MW2 pre-order after all this hoopla erupted.  Personally, I don't care too much about the changes they are making.  I canceled my pre-order for a few reasons:

1) This "outrage" might mean a lot less people playing and I figure I can just get it later after the game launches and a clear idea of how many people are playing is available.
2) I've already got the 360 version on pre-order too.
3) I'd rather have my $60 for now.

All in all, I am actually quite interested in this situation because it presents a rare instance of when a hugely popular PC game maker up and sucker punches a huge chunk of the hardcore fanbase that has been cheering their praises for quite awhile.

It still seems a bit ridiculous that the game couldn't somehow ship with both options available.  I'd probably end up using both depending on my  mood at the time.  Did they strip out LAN play too by chance?

I shall stay tuned...

marblecmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#167  Edited By marblecmoney

I was probably going to end up getting in on 360 and somewhere down the line also pick up the PC version, but with no dedicated servers there's just no pull at all on the PC for me.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By mnzy
@reydeeeezy: 
Last numbers I heard was something like 7mio on 360, 5mio on PS3 and 600.000 on PC.
Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#169  Edited By Teirdome

With my PC's performance lagging sadly behind, I'm going to be waiting to pick up MW2 on PC until I can build a new one... So no PC for me. 

Watching the number of quality releases dwindle on the PC has been extremely sad.  Canceling your preorder is only going to further doom the platform.  Let's say that Activision does loose 20% of their sales because of this, will they even bother making PC versions in the future?

noobeffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By noobeffect
@Vasta_Narada said:
The PC has dedicated servers with every Call of Duty game. Your argument falls apart because we're talking about an established franchised that has had dedicated server support from the beginning. Why do you think people are angry about it now? Players that played the original MW were planning on moving on to MW2. Gaming organizations were preparing to buy servers so that their players and any other potential community players could join. It's funny because I got an e-mail before the IWNet reveal from a game server provider that said pre-orders for MW2 were available. People were expecting this game to be JUST LIKE THE PREVIOUS CALL OF DUTY GAMES.

Robert Bowling even said in an interview that the multiplayer side of MW2 for PC wouldn't change.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171  Edited By Hamz

The big issues I have with this are the lack of dedicated servers means someone has to host the game. Now the default player count for COD4 on unmodified servers was 32 players per server. Imagine a single host trying to accommodate 32 players on a single connection. There is going to be some unbearable lag in games if this happens. The only solution to this without using dedicated servers would be to dramatically reduce the default player count to match the console version's player count in which case they remove a huge chunk of the fun from the game.

COD4 has around 4000 actively used servers by players. Most of the servers run 50 players easily with next to no lag in the game. We're not even going to be able to modify the servers to adjust player counts, or include mods such as Knives only, Pistols only, RPGs only, Gun Game mods etc. The recent decision by IW is really, genuinely, one of poor taste as IW have been consistently saying they wish to make a game for their fans, a game that please fans on all platforms. So why are they making decisions they must surely have known would quite literally tear the PC community apart and cause this uproar?

I'm not advocating boycotting the game or cancelling pre-orders. But I can't disagree with people who have done this. For every console gamer out there laughing, imagine what would happen if they removed matchmaking from Halo 3 and all the bonuses that come with that games online? You'd feel somewhat hacked off as well.

Personally I'll buy the game a month or two after it is released, on which platform I can't say for certain, but right now the PC one isn't looking all that appealing to me. If I'm going to get a semi-console experience on the PC version then I might as well buy the PS3 version instead.

w00master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By w00master

I'm really mixed on this issue.  I really really understand the anger on the PC gamers side (I used to be a PC gamer for about 15 years). However, I totally understand the business side of this issue.

BUT, I honestly believe this issue is not a PC vs. Console issue (well, not directly that is). I truly believe this is an issue of:

Casual PC gamers versus Clan/Hardcore PC gamer.

Although IW.net was a business decision to address piracy, cheating, greater control, etc., I also think the decision to go to a matchmaking system instead was also for ease of gaming for the Casual PC gamer.  Before anyone says: "Casual PC gamer? That's an oxymoron."  No. I really don't think it is. I'm betting that the number of "casual pc gamers" are quite larger than the number of "hardcore pc gamers." Casual pc gamers *want* their game to be like consoles. They want to get in, play, and get out.  This notion of clans, mods, dedicated servers, low ping times, etc. are completely foreign to them.

Still, I believe it's a foolish move on IW's part. Ultimately, only time will tell.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#173  Edited By Sunjammer

Not caring about dedicated servers on a PC game is a fucking retarded thing to do, and this whole news story reeks of someone who hasn't been truly active in pc gaming for a while. The lifeblood of pc gaming (and pretty much the reason people still stand by that platform) is flexibility and malleability. PC games can and typically do change dramatically over time. What IW have done is leave the mod community in the cold: You won't see MW2 mods or user maps. That's some kick ass infrastructure right there! Win win, eh? Eh?

This removes any interest in the PC version i had in the first place; mostly because IW are douchebags that have partnered with douchebags, but also because MW singleplayer (though very attractive, smooth, and had interesting POV) was a retarded rollercoaster of a game where playing on any difficulty that actually challenged you made the thoroughly mechanical nature of the campaign glaringly obvious. The lifeblood of MW was its awesome multiplayer, and what this does is eliminate any shot the PC MP has at differentiating itself.

This is IW (or possibly Activision) trying to cut down on piracy, and nothing but, and just as much as Blizzard's attempt, it's a fucking retarded solution. Any other reasoning is thoroughly idiotic; you could have your cake and eat it too. Why NOT allow dedicated servers in ADDITION to their own?

So yeah, pick it up on consoles, and fuck the PC version. This kind of bullshit comes from a business fat on the perceived "reliability" of console sales, and we don't need it on the PC platform. They can keep it.

DocWattson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By DocWattson

I was going to get MW2 on day one and encourage my community to get it and put up a server.  Now I won't be getting the game at all and em encouraging everyone in my community not to get it.  Not a hard sale.  Lost at least 40 sales from things on my end.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By mhkjtha

Oh and don't listen to Brad when it comes to PC gaming. The fucking idiot doesn't even know what anti-aliasing is. (see the RE5 quick look)

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By NickL

people still play games like this on a pc?

theacclaimed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By theacclaimed

I already buy the COD games on console because 1. All my friends have it on 360, and 2. It's not a very good PC game anyway.  But if for some reason I wanted it on PC, this would definitely stop me from getting it.  Not only is it $60 now but no dedicated servers or mods.  A lot of you don't seem to care but if you were a PC gamer you might understand.

WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By WiqidBritt

I can see both sides of this argument... it's really too bad that IW can't allow for dedicated servers for the people who want them... sort of like an enhanced custom match deal, so the people who just want to get in and play (hopefully with people near their own skill level) can jump into the matchmaking service, and then the people who want custom/clan matches can run their own servers outside of the matchmaking groups... of course it would divide up an already dwindling user base on the PC... but that's what you get for wanting to be teh hardkorze

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By GreggD
@Heartagram said:
" This is fucking ridiculous   If you really care don't get the game.  If you are going to not play what is sure to be a fantastic game because the online is not set up perfectly for your needs then you are stupid.  These are the same idiots that flipped out over LAN support in Starcraft 2 "
Pretty much sums up my feelings. And in the first post, no less! You win a cookie. :)
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By PowerSerj
@Hannibal said:
" These are all things that are frustrating to the play experience for anyone who isn't fiercely loyal to the dedicated server system. "
C'mon, fiercely loyal? You make finding a half decent dedicated server sound like it's a difficult, time consuming activity. And if some people really do feel that way, they probably shouldn't be using their computer for video games, or much of anything else.

@Hannibal said:
" The best servers will still be empty in the middle of the night since the community based around any server is limited by the size of the server. "
I don't see how that last part relates to the first, but I understand what you mean. And yeah, it sucks, but you can just temporarily go to a different server until people start popping up again.

@Hannibal said:
" Oh and how fucking hard is it to join a friend's server under the dedicated server system? When I tried to join with friends, 60% chance we couldn't join the same server for some damn reason. "
I'm not sure about others, but I also seem to have always had this problem. It probably has more to do with some specific offshoot of Murphy's law than a dedicated server infrastructure.
DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By DavidSnakes

It's obvious as hell, and Jeff was right on the podcasts.  "They'll figure out how to charge PC gamers for maps." 

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By VisariLoyalist

whatever man pc gamers are all fucking assholes anyway, why would you want to play with a bunch of freakin' weirdo's that boot you if yu don't know every intricacy of the game.

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By microshock

The people who think that PC users are crazy for this are purely console users. If you dont understand the situation, then shut the fuck up. Don't you dare tell us to not get angry about a game pretty much taking away everything that makes PC gaming great like dedicated servers, mods, ETC. 

I own a PS3, if i want a console experience, i go on there. I play on the PC for that kind of experience, not anything else. IW and Activision have gone out of their fucking minds.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@CL60 said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" The game comes out in three weeks.  Does anyone really think they are going to throw away IWNET and totally change the multiplayer in that amount of time, or in the future?  I guess stubborn PC gamers will have one less game to play over the next three years.  "
And you stubborn console gamers will continue to get ripped off by all gaming companies because you all buy into their bullshit..:) "
Im totally fine getting "ripped off" knowing i will be playing the biggest fps ever made.  Have fun NOT playing it.  HA HA HA!!!
kwyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#185  Edited By kwyee

Personally, I didnt use any mods for MW1 so it's not terrible for me.   I'll wait until the reviews come out to see if they bollox the matchmaking or not and whether multiplayer performance hurts that badly.  

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#186  Edited By TheHBK

This is more of a testament to how PC gaming needs to change if it will remain alive, let along competitive.  Battle Net didnt cause as much a problem except for the no LAN thing.  But this is about giving a more console like experience to the people out there who are not all server crazy and say I only play here!  stuff.  More people means more money.
IW is probably thinking, let the nerdy IP memorizing geeks run off.  We needs to make a tighter game and more money while we are at it.
Gonna get the 360 version so doesn't affect me.
It is these stubborn PC gamers who are causing the death of PC gaming, by getting all pussy like about this stuff and trying to tell the business how things should be done that they should stay the same when business has clearly not been good for a while.  Sorry but you A-holes who say that the game should get pirated and that IW and Activision deserve to have their game pirated are the cause of this.  Battle Net and IWNet, Games For Windows Livea and even Steam are a response to this and a way to get PC gaming back on its feet.  Your time is over.
Oh and as for mods, COD was never a mod heavy game.  Its up to how they want people to mess with it.
But it gets fucking annoying when i have to spend so much time downloading skins or maps or fucking .wav files for the sounds people think make the game better.  They dont.  Unless they are the announcer sounds from Unreal Tournament.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By NoXious

Man! This is going to suck, I had a bunch of favorite servers while I was playing Call of Duty 4. Now I'll be stuck with a bunch of pricks just like on Xbox Live, greeeeaaaaat - just what I was waiting for. 

I think I might pass this one up and pirate me a copy for the singleplayer. I'll put my money on some nifty dude making his own Dedicated Server software for MW2. 

Xelloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Xelloss

I am mixed opinions of the matter, but I have been wondering if I want to even buy Modern Warfare 2 this holiday I might just rent it on 360 for the story and cancel my PC preorder. 

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By microshock

MW2 on PC has taken all the features that are amazing on the PC such as dedicated servers that are built for communities, mods, and everything else and made it into a console experience. Also, all of you telling us PC players to stop whining don't know shit about what they've done, theyve butchered it, I have A PS3 for the console gaming i want, I dont play on my PC for that

You don't take a fucking PC game and consolize it, GFW failed, IWNet will fail. Operation Flashpoint 2 on the PC came out with no dedicated server support, that game is now DEAD. 

Also Brad, you dont know the PC community, so why are you bothering to type about it? Jeff knows. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By CL60
@MAN_FLANNEL said:

" @CL60 said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
And you stubborn console gamers will continue to get ripped off by all gaming companies because you all buy into their bullshit..:) "
Im totally fine getting "ripped off" knowing i will be playing the biggest fps ever made.  Have fun NOT playing it.  HA HA HA!!! "
I have not even wanted to play it even before this news came out. I would have probably picked it up eventually, but meh...so fail on your part. And it is far from the biggest FPS ever made. It's just being hyped a lot. There are far better things out then Modern Warfare. And people like you are exactly why companies can get away with doing stupid shit.
unangbangkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#191  Edited By unangbangkay

The problem here isn't the uproar (which is ridiculous), but the wholesale dropping of one feature for another, basically switching servers for matchmaking.

When you've got servers, you can go to whichever server you choose. Any mod, any rules, any custom maps. With matchmaking, who you end up in a match with is entirely up to Infinity Ward and its math on how it wants to compare your rank with that of others. Furthermore, depriving people of the ability to set up their own, private servers essentially cedes control over ALL of MW2's online content to Infinity Ward. Potentially, that could mean no mods allowed, EVER.

Also, there's the question of whether or not matchmaking is superior. Peer-to-peer matchmaking (what happens on consoles and will happen with IWnet) is only as reliable as the host's home connection is, and that's usually not very good. Going matchmaking-only denies players the ability to chose where they play, and to a limited extent, with whom.

I'm not about to let the debate break my decision over whether or not to play MW2 (PC only for me), but I DO know that I don't want to stare at a "finding optimal game" screen for 20 minutes and then drop 5 minutes in after the host ragequits. Don't you people remember what it was like when Gears of War 2 went up? 

At least give people the option for both. It CAN'T be that hard. Hell, even Lost Planet 2 uses a "host browser" instead of matchmaking. It's that easy.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By CL60
@VisariLoyalist said:
" whatever man pc gamers are all fucking assholes anyway, why would you want to play with a bunch of freakin' weirdo's that boot you if yu don't know every intricacy of the game. "
Sigh...yes PC gamers are the assholes.
gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By gike987
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @CL60 said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
Im totally fine getting "ripped off" knowing i will be playing the biggest fps ever made.  Have fun NOT playing it.  HA HA HA!!! "
With people like you we are doomed to be pushed around by the companies.
noobeffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By noobeffect
@ZeForgotten: The server that I go to has rules against players who are douches, add to that, the admins aren't abusive. In the time that I've been playing on that server, there has really only been one guy who has been annoying but he doesn't verbally harass anyone. 

Generally speaking, that's why dedicated servers are important. When the player finds the server they're comfortable with, they have the assurance that the server will be there (as long as the server admin continues to pay for it), that they will continue to play with other people they are comfortable playing with and have even developed a friendly relationship with. It won't be replicated with matchmaking and many gaming organizations that have developed communities with CoD4 on the PC won't be able to do that with MW2. Many people were anticipating the release of MW2, planning to purchase dedicated servers so that members of their community could play whenever they wanted to, knowing that at the release of MW2, the SAME players they've developed friendships with in CoD4 or WaW or anyone other game, will continue to play on the same servers.
MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#195  Edited By MeatSim

Well I am getting the console version so I am pretty indifferent about this.

Jugzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#196  Edited By Jugzor

I'm an avid PC gamer and it really bothers me, that we're not getting the dedicated servers which have become a staple for that type of game on the PC... not to mention no modding. I mean look at all the amazing BF2 mods, the modding community could make some really great things for MW2. I did sign the petition but I'm not going to go as far as not buying it however, I still really want to get my hands on the game. If it weren't for playing behind a mouse and keyboard though, I would have probably bought MW2 on the consoles instead after all of this, since I know a few more people that are getting it for the consoles.

[quote]
And here I was thinking that the crowd I used to be a big part of (PC gamers) were mature..  I was blinded, and I'm sorry..
[/quote]

Well, I don't think it's a matter of being immature, even though there are plenty of immature PC Gamers. I think PC gamers are just alot more vocal.

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#197  Edited By PLWolf

Meh, I don't play PC games. Don't care about their plight and am quite happy to play MW2 on the 360 with my friends.

noobeffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By noobeffect
@Microshock said:

" The people who think that PC users are crazy for this are purely console users. If you dont understand the situation, then shut the fuck up. Don't you dare tell us to not get angry about a game pretty much taking away everything that makes PC gaming great like dedicated servers, mods, ETC.  I own a PS3, if i want a console experience, i go on there. I play on the PC for that kind of experience, not anything else. IW and Activision have gone out of their fucking minds. "

THIS.
Danterion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Danterion

PC gamers are comfortable with browsing servers and finding the best one for what they want. On the other hand, stupid matchmaking systems like the Left 4 Dead one are a pain in the ass. Why the hell are they giving PC gamers LESS options? Let the console people who like being tied up to this sort of contraption handle the broken matchmaking systems that rarely/never get you on the server you want.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Phantom_Crash

For starters they are not Bumper stickers, Brad. Put them in your Signature thing for forums. I am also sensing high amounts of console fanboi's in these comments, move along, dedicated severs do not concern you.