This Month is Octover!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It is currently Saturday October 31st, All Hallow’s Eve and I’m in pretty high spirits on this cool autumn evening. Unfortunately I have been suffering a little from the flu this week and while it’s not been as bad as it could have been it has cut down my gaming time. I’ve been playing more of Brutal Legend this week though and have found all the motor forges, collected all the solos and unlocked a bunch more achievements. I have a bit of a dream of going after 100% completion on that game but I’m not sure I’ll ever reach that. It doesn’t matter though, I still stand by what I said last week; I think it’s a great game. It’s only two months now though until Assassin’s Creed 2 hits which looks like another very well-made action-adventure game but I guess I’ll have to add that to the pile of things I wish I could buy next to Borderlands, Arkham Asylum and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

This week one of my university assignments did require me to download a game off the internet which my parents courteously paid for. Our task was to play and review an indie game we’d never played before and I was excited about my assignment and don’t think I did a bad job. My review for indie title Osmos is already written but I’m not uploading it until Tuesday, sometime after midday, for fear that otherwise my lecturer will believe I have simply ripped it from the internet. I also downloaded League of Legends this week as the open beta went live on Monday, but whadda ya know? Another game my university internet connection is blocking the ports for. At this point I’m a little bummed out with this whole port blocking thing because even after I’ve registered my Xbox 360 with them they’re still restricting my connection with that too.

But this is the week of Halloween and what does that mean? That’s right, in-game events! Valve pulled off a great and unexpected Halloween event by putting out a new map, two new hats and five new achievements. The new map was actually a modification of a community map by the name of Harvest. Valve took it and added a more halloweeny environment, a ghost which randomly appears and scares characters into not being able to use their weapons, changed the health packs into sweets, added special pumpkin powerups that give you a crit on your next shot and generally made the map great fun to play on.  I’ve also had a bit of an excuse to play World of Warcraft again, given that it’s All Hallow’s End in the world of Azeroth. I’ve got up to level 46, spent some time in Warsong Gulch and run back and forth across the world collecting Halloween treats. I even now have my Steam and WoW accounts synched with Giant Bomb so everybody can see how badly I’m doing with my achievements as well.

But, I think that’s enough of a catch up for this week. I hope you’re all having an awesome time and I’ll leave you with what Giant Bomb aptly called the craziest GTA trailer ever (viewer discretion is advised).

-Gamer_152

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#1  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It is currently Saturday October 31st, All Hallow’s Eve and I’m in pretty high spirits on this cool autumn evening. Unfortunately I have been suffering a little from the flu this week and while it’s not been as bad as it could have been it has cut down my gaming time. I’ve been playing more of Brutal Legend this week though and have found all the motor forges, collected all the solos and unlocked a bunch more achievements. I have a bit of a dream of going after 100% completion on that game but I’m not sure I’ll ever reach that. It doesn’t matter though, I still stand by what I said last week; I think it’s a great game. It’s only two months now though until Assassin’s Creed 2 hits which looks like another very well-made action-adventure game but I guess I’ll have to add that to the pile of things I wish I could buy next to Borderlands, Arkham Asylum and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

This week one of my university assignments did require me to download a game off the internet which my parents courteously paid for. Our task was to play and review an indie game we’d never played before and I was excited about my assignment and don’t think I did a bad job. My review for indie title Osmos is already written but I’m not uploading it until Tuesday, sometime after midday, for fear that otherwise my lecturer will believe I have simply ripped it from the internet. I also downloaded League of Legends this week as the open beta went live on Monday, but whadda ya know? Another game my university internet connection is blocking the ports for. At this point I’m a little bummed out with this whole port blocking thing because even after I’ve registered my Xbox 360 with them they’re still restricting my connection with that too.

But this is the week of Halloween and what does that mean? That’s right, in-game events! Valve pulled off a great and unexpected Halloween event by putting out a new map, two new hats and five new achievements. The new map was actually a modification of a community map by the name of Harvest. Valve took it and added a more halloweeny environment, a ghost which randomly appears and scares characters into not being able to use their weapons, changed the health packs into sweets, added special pumpkin powerups that give you a crit on your next shot and generally made the map great fun to play on.  I’ve also had a bit of an excuse to play World of Warcraft again, given that it’s All Hallow’s End in the world of Azeroth. I’ve got up to level 46, spent some time in Warsong Gulch and run back and forth across the world collecting Halloween treats. I even now have my Steam and WoW accounts synched with Giant Bomb so everybody can see how badly I’m doing with my achievements as well.

But, I think that’s enough of a catch up for this week. I hope you’re all having an awesome time and I’ll leave you with what Giant Bomb aptly called the craziest GTA trailer ever (viewer discretion is advised).

-Gamer_152

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I thought it was Rocktober.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Tylea002

Can we just combine the two puns and call it Rocktover?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel
@Tylea002 said:
" Can we just combine the two puns and call it Rocktover? "
That would certainly describe the sudden drop in excitement for Brutal Legend post-release.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Hailinel said:
" @Tylea002 said:
That would certainly describe the sudden drop in excitement for Brutal Legend post-release. "
What's a Brutal Legend?
Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Tylea002
@Hailinel said:
" @Tylea002 said:
That would certainly describe the sudden drop in excitement for Brutal Legend post-release. "
BOOM!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a wrap! This thread is over!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By crunchUK

well, halo 3 got ranked living dead instead of pumpkin powerups >.>

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Meltac

Haven't completed Brutal Legend yet, but it is Rock .... awesome? And I have some indie titles I need to finish too =P