• 133 results
#101 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Yeah, I'm sure your comments will be sent right to nowhere.  

#102 Posted by CircleNine (381 posts) -

Target did this at least once too, for the initial run of Metroid Prime. It had the Target logo and says something about special offers. I don't mind it too much because my games just sit on my shelves with the spines facing outwards and I rarely if ever look at the cover art to my game cases at all.

#103 Posted by buft (3321 posts) -

Wouldnt bother me but I have a buddy who likes his collection of games to be as normal as possible no silver boxes from platinum range or anything like that and he would hate this 

#104 Posted by sirdesmond (1256 posts) -

Don't shop at Walmart in the future. It's a simple solution.

#105 Posted by Strife777 (1610 posts) -

So I went to Wal-Mart today and bought it. Turns out it might be specific to your country (I assume USA?). I live in Canada and mine only had the sticker on the plastic wrap. I was pretty happy about that.

#106 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

@Strife777 said:

So I went to Wal-Mart today and bought it. Turns out it might be specific to your country (I assume USA?). I live in Canada and mine only had the sticker on the plastic wrap. I was pretty happy about that.

Interesting. I live in Ontario.

#107 Posted by Strife777 (1610 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

@Strife777 said:

That's weird, I'm in Quebec. Do you guys get bilingual packaging? By that I mean the back of the box.

#108 Posted by gaminghooligan (1477 posts) -

It sucks but oh well, I wanted the stuff from walmart so I put up with it. plus there's never a line for games at mine... ever.

#109 Posted by jakob187 (21728 posts) -

This is still a thing?

There are guys that bought the PC version and it won't work at all...

...and people are still complaining about a fucking sticker on some box art?

#110 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

@Strife777 said:

@billyhoush said:

@Strife777 said:

That's weird, I'm in Quebec. Do you guys get bilingual packaging? By that I mean the back of the box.

The only bilingual games I remember getting were EA Games titles. This one was all English same with the inserts.

#111 Posted by Strife777 (1610 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

@Strife777 said:

@billyhoush said:

@Strife777 said:

The only bilingual games I remember getting were EA Games titles. This one was all English same with the inserts.

I guess they just didn't want to bother printing the Wal-Mart thing on the bilingual packaging too.

#112 Posted by Turkish765 (1 posts) -

Do you think that you could complain to Square Enix and they'll send you a replacement cover?

#113 Posted by GnomeonFire (776 posts) -

I wouldn't buy that. Same reason why I wouldn't buy 10/10 EDITION GAME OF THE YEAR Arkham City IGN METACRITIC FREE COSTUMES.

#114 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -
@Turkish765

Do you think that you could complain to Square Enix and they'll send you a replacement cover?

I did and offerred to pay postage. They said they don't have extra game covers to do so and suggested I return the game. Unfortunately you can only exchange opened copies of games at Walmart for another copy of the same title which is the policy at most game retailers.

Either way I forgot about it as I'm thoroughly enjoying this great game. Going to buy from Amazon from now on.
#115 Posted by Demoskinos (15085 posts) -

So, this struck again. Just bought Tekken Tag Tourney 2 and its not AS bad but there IS a logo on it..

The good news is apparently TTT2 features a reversible cover! So at the very least I can flip the cover and have the Tekken ladies on the cover with no Walmart logo. Also its not nearly as large and awful as the sleeping dogs one.

#116 Posted by Milkman (17169 posts) -

There are plenty of reasons to not shop at Walmart. This is one of many.

#117 Edited by TooWalrus (13254 posts) -
@Demoskinos: Oh wow, haven't seen this in awhile.  

Even at 12, I remember being pissed off when companies did this, my copy of Super Mario Sunshine had a big "FREE PLAYERS GUIDE INCLUDED BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT THIS AT K-MART" thing printed right on the art. 

After that, I made sure to only buy games I knew would look good on my shelf, for collection purposes. 

After that, I sold all of my gamecube games, because they were just collecting dust, I needed money because I was 16 and didn't have a job, and Nintendo games hold their value pretty good. 

Now days, I buy steam copies of games wherever possible- I'm over physical media, I try not to get worked up over it anymore. If I am buying a console exclusive game though, I still try to get a box that looks nice. I did go out of my way to buy the original black copies of PS3 exclusives rather than the 'greatest hits' red box. Some things never change...
#118 Posted by agentboolen (1829 posts) -

Just think of the poor design that put his heart and soul into that design just to have that shitty corporate logo printed all over his work. This might be more messed up then when they make a platinum hits version of a game that has the artwork shrunk down. Hate when publishers choice to ruin the artwork just for some dumb reason.

#119 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1196 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

So, this struck again. Just bought Tekken Tag Tourney 2 and its not AS bad but there IS a logo on it..

The good news is apparently TTT2 features a reversible cover! So at the very least I can flip the cover and have the Tekken ladies on the cover with no Walmart logo. Also its not nearly as large and awful as the sleeping dogs one.

Oh god, that is hideous. That like, halves the value of the game right off the bat. At least I hope you have fun with TTT2, cause I sure am.

#120 Posted by MechaKirby (249 posts) -

Walmart does this with a lot of the games. I'm a Walmart employee so I get a 10% discount on stuff but I never buy games there if they have that fucking logo on it. I go right over to Gamestop. I've paid more money for games to not have the logo on it.

#121 Posted by laserbolts (5337 posts) -

I probably have a few games with that logo on the cover that I just didn't notice.

#122 Posted by MackGyver (583 posts) -

Depends on whether you could actually touch the box and find out if it was a sticker or not. Sometimes Walmart puts it's high-profile games in those anti-theft plastic cases where it would be difficult to tell. I've never had the logo actually printed on the box.

How did Walmart get permission to do that?

#123 Edited by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:

Your product wasnt gimped. Also you must have seen the package before you bought it.

His product was gimped since the physical box most definitely is part of the product being purchased (especially to collectors). Also how would you be able to tell that the Walmart logo was actually printed on the box and not just a sticker until you remove the shrink wrap?
#124 Edited by Fascism (148 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@ZeForgotten said:
Then again I live in Denmark and we don't have Wal-Marts so that's a plus
Walmarts are a double edged sword. For an ultra small town, it's pretty dope to have direct access to things you would normally have to order. But for that same small town, it's a monopoly that stomps out other businesses that have overlapping uses.

I used to hate Wal Mart until I had a kid, let me tell you the wal mart brand formula and diapers are shocking cheap and great quality, the price for formula at the other store in my city is nearly FOUR times the price and diapers are almost three times the price. Wal Mart saves me about 300 dollars a month just on the shit my baby needs. I still can barely believe it.

#125 Edited by AuthenticM (3786 posts) -
#128 Edited by robotech25 (2 posts) -

<p>ugh this happenes to me last night while buying the new tomb raider. i thought it was a sticker. when did they start doing this? anyway i tried returning it just now and they said i couldnt because it was "opened" wtf wal mart?!?!</p>

#129 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Stop going to walmart, problem solved

#131 Posted by robotech25 (2 posts) -

hadnt been there in a while because ive been buying my games at gamestop or target lately. definitely not gonna buy games from wal mart anymore. this just happened to be a last minute spur of the mement because gamestop was not open at midnight

#132 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1262 posts) -

Hate that too. Really dumb of them.

#133 Posted by Nictel (2430 posts) -

What is this new technology called 'physical copy'?

#134 Edited by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Always disliked this though you sometimes get the sticker that never quite comes off cleanly. Next time just don't buy games at walmart. Every time I went to walmart in the past it was for some groceries & they were nearby, I never think of them having a good selection of games/electronics.

#135 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

@galiant said:

Order your physical copy online!

YUP. Amazon all the way baby. This is also because I could care less about retail exclusives and shit so.

#136 Posted by Demoskinos (15085 posts) -

Yeah this practice is getting kind of awful. Although they have been getting decent pack-in stuff. Metal Gear Rising came with an actual physical soundtrack CD and Tomb Raider apparently has a code for Lara Croft and the Guardian of light. Which is pretty cool that game is a pretty alright game if you've never played it before.