#1 Posted by chulomex3_basic (16 posts) -
Am I the only one that is having a hard time?  I mean I'm sure I'll get it after some wandering around but it's definitely a little harder to navigate through.
#2 Posted by Soopy (46 posts) -

i cant navigate around the forums very well...

#3 Posted by Raif (3 posts) -

You get used to it.. It is a bit slow but they may be working on that.

#4 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -

It's a combination of sluggish connection times, and a poorly connected forum, but i think it will get better over time, in other words no you are not the only one.

#5 Posted by stAtic (1638 posts) -

I find it very easy to navigate the forums here.

#6 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

After a while it becomes much easier and it's really well set out imo

#7 Posted by De5 (98 posts) -

It's alright

#8 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

It's different from anywhere else I've been, but it's easy to get used to. Just make use of the Favorites.

#9 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -
Joe said:
"After a while it becomes much easier and it's really well set out imo
"
He speaks the truth.
#10 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

Yeah, I think it's pretty easy.

#11 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -

it's okay. I'm sure you'll figure it out in no time

#12 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

Am I the only viner here?

I think it's super easy.
#13 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Seems alright to be, a tad confusing at first but after 15 minutes or so you get the hang of it.

#14 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -

When I visited Comic Vine before this site launched I only looked at it for 5 mins but it seemed difficult to navigate, but I haven't had any problems with giant bomb so far, it's been great.

#15 Posted by Milkman (16667 posts) -

I only problem I have with the site is that it's going very slow. I had a big write up on the role of Playboy X in GTA IV and when I tried to submit it, I got stuck at the loading screen and couldn't do anything. =(

#16 Posted by NWA (28 posts) -

it is going to take a bit, but it seems a little intuitive

#17 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -
Joru said:
"When I visited Comic Vine before this site launched I only looked at it for 5 mins but it seemed difficult to navigate, but I haven't had any problems with giant bomb so far, it's been great.
"
GB is.... exactly like CV.
#18 Posted by dillonator (145 posts) -

I have no qualms with navigation.  It's pretty simple stuff really.

#19 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

I liked GS forums at first but now, this is awesome!

#20 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

All the topics seem to just be listed, and there's not a whole lot of organization which can be a bit annoying.

#21 Posted by Valandil (109 posts) -

This is just the beta verian right?

#22 Posted by Valandil (109 posts) -

This is just the beta versian right?

#23 Posted by Artie (690 posts) -

The problem I have is that these forums have no organization, it's just "OMG STUF!!1" everywhere. So there can never be one or two forums you visit because that's what you want to talk about, you just click "Recent" and then post in whatever. I personally really dislike it myself, and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon (Since this is basically just Comic Vine with certain words changed) but I've never been that big into super-active forums anyway, so what do I know.

I think fixing the personal profile stuff would be more important.

#24 Posted by Nightkiller93 (174 posts) -

Im ok with it, i just need to spend maybe another hour around the forums and i'll get the hang of it...you will too just keep cruising the forums.

#25 Posted by Star67 (14 posts) -

the forums are a pain to navigate, they need to work on organizing it

#26 Posted by chulomex3_basic (16 posts) -
Need to cut out a lot of the fluff on here. 
#27 Posted by Randolph (374 posts) -

It would be nice to have an actual forums index, with General Discussion, Off Topic, and then the platform specific boards.  The platform specific forums are dead because of the current setup, and when you click favorite, you generally just get a mashing of different posts from different forums.  I'd like to simply see direct links in a drop down menu when you click favorites.  This is the main reason 90% of the posts are passing through here.

#28 Posted by GleasonRyan (244 posts) -

its easy for me you want to go to Cod4 Type Cod4 and click on it. Easy as that

#29 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

I'm getting used to it and after you get used to it you like it

#30 Posted by RVonE (4633 posts) -

I guess it just takes a little getting used to. It seems most of the navigation revolves around the search functionality.

#31 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

at first it was a little hard to get used to, now over time, it's getting easier.

#32 Posted by Lone_Wolf (25 posts) -

I had a hard time at first, but now that I've been on a few hours it's not difficult

#33 Posted by Evil_Eye (29 posts) -

Give it time. This site is pretty unique.

#34 Posted by chulomex3_basic (16 posts) -
Need to tone it down a bit till more people get the hang of it then start adding "features".
#35 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -

Well considering this site is still in beta, I think it'll improve.
The way the topics are organized are pretty straight forward and simple, but if they could just organize them in a better way would be much better.

#36 Posted by chulomex3_basic (16 posts) -
Kenzo287 said:
"I'm getting used to it and after you get used to it you like it
"
I'll get used to it.  But I'm not going to like it.
#37 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

I find it easier to navigate

#38 Posted by JoeyRavn (4967 posts) -

@damisterchief said:

I find it easier to navigate

I'm completely lost. Is this a current topic that somehow got bugged and it's showing the wrong date on the posts, or did you post in a four-and-a-half year old topic about a layout that's been, well, more than replaced by now?

#39 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

Not to be 'that guy' but I don't really think it's that different. It's a little slower but everything seems to be in the same basic spot as it was before.

#40 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Necro thread!!!!

Yea, this new layout sux!

#41 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

It's no giantbomb.com, but it'll do.

#42 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'm still annoyed at the lack of YouTube because the new video player's "Auto" setting doesn't seem to be very good. The videos sometimes don't play in HD even though I can pick 1080P on YouTube and all is fine. (same with Netflix)

It has to be a bug that non-premiums can't choose YouTube or 720P/HD on the new player...they wouldn't paywall that

...right?