#1 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -

The whole giantbomb wikipedia thing is great , very unique and original idea

I submitted like 90825028 things , i hope  some of them get published

Although i dont see this site getting to the level of IGN or Gamespot when it comes to games coverage

I do see this site getting a HUGE fan following

#2 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Yeah, me too, but I only submitted 90825027 things :(

Ya beat me

#3 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Yeah, me too, but I only submitted 90825027 things :(

Ya beat me

#4 Edited by Nogert (132 posts) -

Lol how can you say "The whole giantbomb wikipedia thing is great" then say "very unique and original idea" LOL

How can it be 'unique' and 'original' if someone has already done it.

BTW I'm not slamming this site, I love this site and it's a great fun to use.

#5 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
Nogert said:
"Lol how can you say "The whole giantbomb wikipedia thing is great" then say "very unique and original idea" LOL

"
well dumbass , because..................................

*runs out of the thread*
#6 Posted by MKLOL (71 posts) -

I really like this site! :)

#7 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

yea this site is actually better than i expected

#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I don't expect GB to ever gain the coverage of IGN or GS, but that's because GB is stand alone so you could see obvious reasons for this. Regardless, who cares when you have Jeff, Ryan, Brad, and Vinny at the helm of the site.

#9 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"I don't expect GB to ever gain the coverage of IGN or GS, but that's because GB is stand alone so you could see obvious reasons for this. Regardless, who cares when you have Jeff, Ryan, Brad, and Vinny at the helm of the site.
"

exactly , they still went to E3 when they didnt even have the site up yet , that shows you their commitment
#10 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

There is so much potential but it's going to take a long time to fill all of those game wikis...

#11 Posted by semicolon1twlev2 (894 posts) -

I do love the features along with the lack of uptight mods.  Giant Bomb is seeming really nice right now.

Although I do miss sigs and my old 80x80 avatar...  =[

#12 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

The style is different than IGN etc

This site is more community focused

#13 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
dreDREb13 said:
"I do love the features along with the lack of uptight mods.  Giant Bomb is seeming really nice right now.

Although I do miss sigs and my old 80x80 avatar...  =[
"
give it time, giantbomb will have to have uptight mods if it wants to be a truely public site.
#14 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
Nobility said:
"There is so much potential but it's going to take a long time to fill all of those game wikis..."

thats the thing , i think the GB guys are just now realising that Moderating all the submissions is going to be impossible and they are just going to let people post what they want and moderate it later when its posted
#15 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I didn't even know there were that many things to submit. You must have been editing pages per word. One paragraph would equal about 50 edits and please tell me you weren't editing in spaces individually as well. My God! You must be the reason that the site is running so slow :P

#16 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
Kush said:
"I didn't even know there were that many things to submit. You must have been editing pages per word. One paragraph would equal about 50 edits and please tell me you weren't editing in spaces individually as well. My God! You must be the reason that the site is running so slow :P
"

nah its more like 5 things

just some characters and an addition to a game gbiki
#17 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -
Guiltyspark said:
"Nobility said:
"There is so much potential but it's going to take a long time to fill all of those game wikis..."

thats the thing , i think the GB guys are just now realising that Moderating all the submissions is going to be impossible and they are just going to let people post what they want and moderate it later when its posted "

Probably wishful thinking that people will achieve 1000 points soon enough but I agree that I think they might be underestimating the manpower it takes to keep everything together, I'm expecting many moderators here too.
#18 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -
Nogert said:
"Lol how can you say "The whole giantbomb wikipedia thing is great" then say "very unique and original idea" LOL

"
Well, Giant Bomb is the first website to combine gaming reviews, a podcast, a wiki and a forum in one isn't it?
#19 Posted by nf_2 (25 posts) -

I'm actually pretty impressed. This place isn't so bad really. Just needs sigs. :)

#20 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I agree, its sweet. Just wish some of the images would upload correctly, and that the galleries for a lot of games weren't so cluttered and unorganized.