Look at this lineup:

• Persona 5
  • The witcher 3
  • Bloodborn
  • Xenoblade X
  • Disgaea 5
  • Final Fantasy Type 0
  • Final Fantasy 15
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera (spiritual sequel to planescape)
  • Tales of Zestiria
  • Pillars of Eternity (made by the baldur's gate people)

Some might not make it out in 2015 but holy shit, there's no way we get the wet fart that was 2014 again this year.

Credits to gametrailers for their video on the subject

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

2014 had Divinity, Persona Q, Grimrock 2, and arguably Wasteland 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition. That is not a wet fart year for RPG'S.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

2014 was a pretty great year for RPGs on handhelds, 3DS and Vita. No sign that anyone's taking their foot off the pedal for Vita in 2015, either. So yeah, 2015 is going to be good for everyone, but handhelds are already living the RPG high life.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@believer258: I see what your saying, but for me nearly every 2015 rpg is more exciting than any from 2014. By a pretty wide margin! The witcha!! Final Fantasy! Xenoblade! Bloodborne! Pillars!

That said, no way is FFXV out this year. They barely know when the demo is coming.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Looks like a great line-up but I get the feeling Persona 5 won't be out this year and same goes for Final Fantasy 15.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFXV isn't happening obviously. I'm sure Xenoblade, Witcher, and Bloodborne will be good, rest is sort of meh/re release status.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5 has a release date for this year, at least. I'd be really surprised if FFXV happened this year.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

From 2013 to what will likely be next year for at least one of these, we're seeing a ton of good 'uns. Hopefully this trend continues.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

2014 had Divinity, Persona Q, Grimrock 2, and arguably Wasteland 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition. That is not a wet fart year for RPG'S.

South Park, Shadowrun:Dragonfall, Xenonaughts, DeadState, etc....... dozens of good rpgs are released every year to narrow it to a few is impossible.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@believer258 said:

Don't forget Trails in the Sky!

I know Cyberpunk probably won't come out this year, but man, I wanna believe.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'm very excited for The Witcher, Bloodborne, Xenoblade, and FF Type-0. I'm willing to try Persona 5, but I really didn't care for the other two SMT games I've played (Persona 1 and SMT IV). I do enjoy the Tales games, but I probably will end up playing Xillia 2 instead of Zestiria this year. I have a strict "Don't Spend More than $20 on Tales Games" policy. There's no way that FFXV comes out this year. I might get around to Torment, Pillars, or Disgaea, but almost certainly not all 3.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Nictel

@nophilip said:

There's no way that FFXV comes out this year.

Unless they rebrand the current FFXV to FFXVI and FFXV is a new MOBA!

I am curious to see what they do with Persona 5.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only interested in Bloodborne and The Witcher 3. I might never play Bloodborne, mainly because I dislike the PSN and 30 fps and I've already played three other versions of Bloodborne.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want a new Persona to come out. I need a new Persona to comeout. I really hope they release some actual gameplay footage and give a firmer release date soon.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last year had some really good CRPGs (Wasteland 2 and Divintiy: Original Sin), but kind of fell flat for me everywhere else in terms of RPGs. (Dammit Dragon Age: Origins I loved you. Why Inquisition, WHY?!). I hope this year will be better. The Witcher 3 looks great and I love the first two games, but at this point I'm way more interested in Cyberpunk 2077 which is not coming out this year, of course. I am super hyped for Persona 5 as well, and I really hope the new Torment game is good.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pillars of Eternity is not made by the Baldur's Gate people, it's made by the Baldur's Gate 2 people. 1 was made by Bioware, 2 was made by Black Isle which is now Obsidian.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By MEATBALL

I feel like every year starts with a thread somewhere about how this is "the year for RPGs". :P

I think the secret truth is that there are good/great RPG releases every year.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By baka_shinji17

No one year should have that RPG.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2014 had a lot of good rpgs in my opinion, but I hope that 2015 has better ones.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@corevi said:

Pillars of Eternity is not made by the Baldur's Gate people, it's made by the Baldur's Gate 2 people. 1 was made by Bioware, 2 was made by Black Isle which is now Obsidian.

A little correction: BG1 and BG2 were both developed by BioWare and published by Black Isle, a division of Interplay. Black Isle developed IWD1, IWD2, and PST.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By discomposure

I would say 2014 was pretty darn good for RPGs but yeah, this year is looking goood too :)

I think Deep Down is supposed to be releasing this year too, it looks interesting but I've not heard much about it.

BobDobbsJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: 2014 also had Might and Magic X and Lords of Xulima. Both which are very good but seemed to get very little attention.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ain't there like 27 Hyperdimension Neptunia games coming out this year too? I've completely lost track of what's going on with that series with all the main games and spinoffs and shit...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@me3639 said:

@believer258 said:

South Park, Shadowrun:Dragonfall, Xenonaughts, DeadState, etc....... dozens of good rpgs are released every year to narrow it to a few is impossible.

@believer258 said:

Don't forget Trails in the Sky!

I know Cyberpunk probably won't come out this year, but man, I wanna believe.

@believer258: 2014 also had Might and Magic X and Lords of Xulima. Both which are very good but seemed to get very little attention.

I was typing that on a phone between calls at work, those were the first things that came to mind.

2014 may have been lacking overall but, as my examples above and these listed here have shown, it was not lacking in the RPG department.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'd argue last year was the year for RPGs and this year is the second consecutive year for RPGs. I backed Pillars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera, so I hope that those games are alright. I have some reservations about PoE after playing the beta a couple of months ago (it was rough, so I'm glad they delayed it. Apparently it's a lot better now) and I'd just like to hope that Torment is better than Wasteland 2 was. W2, while certainly good, has some problems with it that made me take a break from it for a while, so I need to get back and finish it at some point.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: Re;Birth2 next week, Re;Birth1 recently hit Steam, and spinoffs Hyperdevotion Noire (SRPG) is in a month. (Hyperdimension Neptunia U is more of a musou game). I'm a fan of the series so life is good.

Vita already got Brandish and an enhanced Atelier game this year, and also has Operation Abyss and Toukiden: Kiwami on the way, with some vague hints that we might get God Eater 2: Rage Burst too.

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels good to be a JRPG fan. Persona 5, The Awakened Fate Ultimatum, Atelier Shallie, Zestiria, Xenoblade Chronicles X and more. This is going to be a good year indeed.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Last year was a good year for RPGs too.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't believe FF XV will launch this year. Nor do I put much stock on Bloodborne launching, But appart from it does look like a solid year for RPGs.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@jeust said:

I don't believe FF XV will launch this year. Nor do I put much stock on Bloodborne launching, But appart from it does look like a solid year for RPGs.

Uh, Bloodborne has a March release date. If it didn't make it out in 2015, that would be fucking crazy.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Jeust

@nophilip said:

@jeust said:

Uh, Bloodborne has a March release date. If it didn't make it out in 2015, that would be fucking crazy.

has it now? Then probably it is going to launching within the year, but I believe it can get delayed, as I don't know how good is From Software at juggling two games at the same time, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Persona 5 has me excited but after that, I don't know. Yes, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 look pretty damn good, but what I truly want is another Bethesda game. Can we please get an announcement and release date for Fallout 4 this year?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#33  Edited By liquiddragon

how do ppl play more than 1 or 2 of these a year? love them but there such a commitment.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5 has me excited but after that, I don't know. Yes, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 look pretty damn good, but what I truly want is another Bethesda game. Can we please get an announcement and release date for Fallout 4 this year?

I wouldn't bet on anything more than CG trailers or a short teaser