This Week's Lates "MGS4 360 PORT LOLOLOL!" Rumor...

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

I hope not - even though i own both consoles- i would like ot hear some other news out of e3 for a change other than

"microsoft gets another ps3 exclusive"

Seriously, as poor as people said last years e3 was, the whole tone was set by the fact the biggest piece of news microsoft had was "look at how we have big massive news -we are taking someone elses work and slapping our name on it! then watch as it flames the system wars (and obviously earn a fuck load of money - which is where it all makes sense)"

Heres for everyone playing nice, the trolls staying with the chili's and some nice new games for us all to look forward to
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Karmum

I'd be more interested in getting new IPs, rather than hearing news about them getting a game, and taking another 6-12 months for it to actually be released. By then, I doubt many people would care.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

If Kojima is spending his time making a 360 port, then the world is missing out - whatever format his new game ends up on.

And I totally agree with what OmegaPirate said.

Regardless - how a random Twitter account has managed to get so much media attention is beyond me. It's CLEARLY a hoax.

EDIT: Like I said in another thread about this - from GameForks twitter:

- Been asked on my real twitt to provide A.W and A.P.B E3 proof. Damn you pesky meddlers! Check back 2nite.. 8ish for something special ;)Its coming, Its coming!!I'd upload a shot of the E3 lineup but im just too damned into this!! Maybe a little later. Sorry!! :(

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the fact that there have been over 9,000 of these rumors through the years I'd still love to play MGS4 on my 360....

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

M$ and the xbox are not worthy enough to have MGS4. to have MGS4 on the xbox is like putting caviar in a Big Mac

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"

M$ and the xbox are not worthy enough to have MGS4. to have MGS4 on the xbox is like putting caviar in a Big Mac

"
I wouldnt quite og that far - everyone should be entitled to play every game -eliteism is a terrible thing (Mr Lind L taylor)  - The only thing i have against this is that ill will  be used as ammo, as flame bait and as basically a tool for people to act like complete assholes for no other reason than a company has no other real news so decides to resort to one upmpanship - this isnt just because of my love for the ps3 either - i'd hold the exact same stance if sony somehow managed to get gears or halo rights and that was their 'big announcement'.

Save E3 for news worthy announcements- new tech, new games and new ip's!!!

Dont use it as a way to boost your companies e-penis
neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By neoepoch

I'm pretty sure this was confirmed fake. Maybe I'm wrong, but the twitter account said a lot of things that didn't make sense.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
OmegaPirate said:
"LiveOrDie1212 said:
"

"
I wouldnt quite og that far - everyone should be entitled to play every game -eliteism is a terrible thing (Mr Lind L taylor)  - The only thing i have against this is that ill will  be used as ammo, as flame bait and as basically a tool for people to act like complete assholes for no other reason than a company has no other real news so decides to resort to one upmpanship - this isnt just because of my love for the ps3 either - i'd hold the exact same stance if sony somehow managed to get gears or halo rights and that was their 'big announcement'.

"

Halo and Gears of War are not worthy to be on the PS3. its like.....shit, can't think of any good analogy, but you catch my drift.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"LiveOrDie1212 said:
"

"

"
Halo and Gears of War are not worthy to be on the PS3. its like.....shit, can't think of any good analogy, but you catch my drift."
A Whopper being sold in McDonalds?

I get where you're coming from. Kinda. But Metal Gear has been on XBOX before. But yeah... This isn't going to happen anyway.
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Luke

There is some big news going to get dropped by Kojima regardless, like i said in another thread.

"I think we may find-out about this rumor on May 18th, in 5 days, due to Kojima Productions having some weird page up @ konami.jp.co... but it has since been taken down.  It could also be Zone of the Enders 3, as other have said, or just something else entirely."

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be compared to Microsoft's "We got Assassin's Creed and FFXIII" announcements in E3's past. Microsoft is obviously interested in the almighty dollar, and don't care about flame bait etc (which, as long as I get to enjoy one of the best games in recent years, don't really care about either) and have been trying to 1up Sony since the 360's launch. What do I mean, well they disregarded serious design flaws and hardware reliability to push the console out before the PS3 hit stores. Not to sound like a Sony fanboy though, as I love my 360, but it's pretty obvious at what they've been trying to do.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Godwind

It is a sequel to Snatcher and Botakai.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By thiago

The Kojima Production announcement I think it is a new title, maybe a sequel to one franchise of theirs, but nothing related to MGS4.

Now about MGS4 on the 360, it would be funny to see the MacBook (all computers in that game are Macs), iPod, PS3 (in the mission briefings if you go upstairs you will see one on the table) and PSP (Otacon uses it for controlling MKII ?) there, and the joke about changing disks "Oh wait, this is a Blu-ray disk". Haha.

This game is one year old, all the Metal Gear fans already played it. The only ones who care about it are the fanboys, because then they will be able to post crap on forums. They don't really care about the game, and judging by the types of games they like (Halo, Gears, COD4, etc) they are more likely to hate it. This is about console wars, not games.

I wouldn't mind if they did it, but I would be very pissed off if they released it with extra content on the 360, because that would be complete BS.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thiago

PS3 owners, see things this way. The 360 fanboys are producing rumours like that since before MGS4 was launched, like in 2007 they were talking about it already. Then there was the iPhone game that was hilarious! They set themselves up for disappointment.

With the iPhone thing you could almost see their hearts breaking after it was revealed that MGS would go to the iPhone! Haha. The funniest part is that they came to the conclusion about the port because of the teaser site that had nothing to do with the 360.

If this is fake then we will have some good laughs, again! Hahaha.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By BigBoss1911

These 360 MGS 4 rumors just have to die already,its not going to happen.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FCKSNAP

LOL that news post reminded me of Surfer Girl, the blog that EGM's late Quaterman totally dissed.

But yeah, new MGS on 360 a probability, but not MGS4 as KojiPro never makes ports (all ports handled by third parties and Kojima has already voiced his dislike for other studios handling his work).

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

The simple fact is its not a matter of if it could end up on the 360 but IF.
there is no reason why the game couldn't end up on the system from a technical standpoint its just a matter of if it would.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19  Edited By natetodamax

I really couldn't care less. It's just one game. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By End_Boss

I really want MGS4 to come to the 360. Not because I'm a fanboy, not because I give a damn about what becomes of Microsoft... Simply because I really want to be able to play that motherfucker. I loved the previous games and get all tingly at the prospect of finally putting this series to bed. In the words of a great starship captain:

"Make it so."

thiago
said:

"PS3 owners, see things this way. The 360 fanboys are producing rumours like that since before MGS4 was launched, like in 2007 they were talking about it already. Then there was the iPhone game that was hilarious! They set themselves up for disappointment.

With the iPhone thing you could almost see their hearts breaking after it was revealed that MGS would go to the iPhone! Haha. The funniest part is that they came to the conclusion about the port because of the teaser site that had nothing to do with the 360.

If this is fake then we will have some good laughs, again! Hahaha. "
Good god you're small and petty.
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

Despite the fact that there have been over 9,000 of these rumors through the years I'd still love to play MGS4 on my 360....

"
Me too. :)
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thiago
End_Boss said:
Good god you're small and petty."

Why? I am only stating a fact. When did the truth become small and petty?

The obsession of fanboys with Metal Gear is hilarious. They have been making rumors like that for more than 2 years and reached extremes like deducing that a teaser with an "i" on it had something to do with a 360 port. Isn't it funny? What makes it funny is all the made up BS fanboys come up with, they fantasize about it, reach conclusions on their own, make a big deal of it and treat it as if it were a fact, only to get disappointed.

Dude, if this one turns out to be fake, it is going to be FUNNY! We will all have some good laughs, again! Don't you get tired of it?
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thiago
End_Boss said:

The obsession of fanboys with Metal Gear is hilarious. They have been making rumors like that for more than 2 years and reached extremes like deducing that a teaser with an "i" on it had something to do with a 360 port. Isn't it funny? What makes it funny is all the made up BS fanboys come up with, they fantasize about it, reach conclusions on their own, make a big deal of it and treat it as if it were a fact, only to get disappointed.

Dude, if this one turns out to be fake, it is going to be FUNNY! We will all have some good laughs, again! Don't you get tired of it?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CL60
thiago said:
"End_Boss said:

Dude, if this one turns out to be fake, it is going to be FUNNY! We will all have some good laughs, again! Don't you get tired of it?"
Your fanboy obsession with Sony is also laughable. Just watch, I will laugh so hard if MGS4 comes to the 360, I loved licking up all the tears of people like you when FF13 was announced for the 360.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thiago
CL60 said:
Your fanboy obsession with Sony is also laughable. Just watch, I will laugh so hard if MGS4 comes to the 360, I loved licking up all the tears of people like you when FF13 was announced for the 360."

You are a weirdo if you lick other people's faces. But why would any PS3 owner care? All those who cared about this game already played it.

We will only cry if it is turn out of the fake, because we will be rolling on the floor laughing so much. Again.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CL60
thiago said:
"CL60 said:
Your fanboy obsession with Sony is also laughable. Just watch, I will laugh so hard if MGS4 comes to the 360, I loved licking up all the tears of people like you when FF13 was announced for the 360."
You are a weirdo if you lick other people's faces. But why would any PS3 owner care? All those who cared about this game already played it. We will only cry if it is turn out of the fake, because we will be rolling on the floor laughing so much. Again."
So you are telling me people like you were not crying pretty much everywhere when FF13 was announced for 360? Also, if it doesn't matter like you just said, why do you seem to care so much that one of your precious games may come to 360? Oh wait. you do care because you are an obsessed fanboy who thinks sony is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everything else is the worst thing of all time. You are a really pathetic fanboy, and a really pathetic troll, end of story.
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FCKSNAP
CL60 said:
"thiago said:
"CL60 said:
You are a weirdo if you lick other people's faces. But why would any PS3 owner care? All those who cared about this game already played it. We will only cry if it is turn out of the fake, because we will be rolling on the floor laughing so much. Again."
So you are telling me people like you were not crying pretty much everywhere when FF13 was announced for 360? Also, if it doesn't matter like you just said, why do you seem to care so much that one of your precious games may come to 360? Oh wait. you do care because you are an obsessed fanboy who thinks sony is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everything else is the worst thing of all time. You are a really pathetic fanboy, and a really pathetic troll, end of story."
Do you cry every time a Square 360 exclusive comes to PS3 with new content? no? Exactly, no one cares.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CL60
Snapstacle said:
"CL60 said:
"thiago said:
"CL60 said:
So you are telling me people like you were not crying pretty much everywhere when FF13 was announced for 360? Also, if it doesn't matter like you just said, why do you seem to care so much that one of your precious games may come to 360? Oh wait. you do care because you are an obsessed fanboy who thinks sony is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everything else is the worst thing of all time. You are a really pathetic fanboy, and a really pathetic troll, end of story."
Do you cry every time a Square 360 exclusive comes to PS3 with new content? no? Exactly, no one cares."
Okay? Why would I cry? I'm just saying, were you ever on any forum when FF13 was announced for 360? The waterworks of the PS3 fanboys were flooding eveywhere. Same thing would happen for MGS4 if it officially got announced for 360. Seems to be how the PS3 fanboys are.

PS3 fanboys = Ignorant as fuck and cry when one of their exclusive titles goes multi-platform
360 fanboys = try to boast about everything a lot when it is not necessary.

They are both retarded and thiago is the worst kind.
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CL60 said:
"So you are telling me people like you were not crying pretty much everywhere when FF13 was announced for 360? Also, if it doesn't matter like you just said, why do you seem to care so much that one of your precious games may come to 360? Oh wait. you do care because you are an obsessed fanboy who thinks sony is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everything else is the worst thing of all time. You are a really pathetic fanboy, and a really pathetic troll, end of story."

Well put man. I was hesitant to cry troll on his first post because he' almost at 300 posts but the lack of avatar seems to scream "I'm a troll!" here on Giant Bomb.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Everyones_A_Critic said:
"CL60 said:
"So you are telling me people like you were not crying pretty much everywhere when FF13 was announced for 360? Also, if it doesn't matter like you just said, why do you seem to care so much that one of your precious games may come to 360? Oh wait. you do care because you are an obsessed fanboy who thinks sony is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everything else is the worst thing of all time. You are a really pathetic fanboy, and a really pathetic troll, end of story."
Well put man. I was hesitant to cry troll on his first post because he' almost at 300 posts but the lack of avatar seems to scream "I'm a troll!" here on Giant Bomb. "
He is a huge troll 
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Karmum
CL60 said:
"thiago said:
"End_Boss said:

Dude, if this one turns out to be fake, it is going to be FUNNY! We will all have some good laughs, again! Don't you get tired of it?"
Which "tears" are you talking about? The only "tears" you are going to be licking up is the 'fanboys', which is very minuscule when it comes to the big picture. I'll lick up the tears of you, for posting silly comments like this. Just ignore fanboys, dood.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By mike

I mainly want this MGS4 +Oxide rumor from Game Fork to be true just so I can watch the rabid Sony defenders squirm. Normally I would discount this sort of rumor as just that and only a rumor, but Game Fork is being awfully specific with some of the information he's been dropping.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pause422

I don't really know many people that this far down the road would even remotely care about playing MGS4 if it came out on the 360 and they were once waiting for it...there's just other shit now, and its been too long. I still highly doubt it will happen in the first place though. I agree with MB though, if it ended up actually being true, which i still doubt, it would be hilarious to watch all the fanboy retards piss and moan.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By get2sammyb

To be fair to Thiago - it was pretty funny when people assumed that the "power symbol" on the iPhone Metal Gear teaser was the XBOX360 power symbol; when it clearly is a universal standard.

MB said:

"I mainly want this MGS4 +Oxide rumor from Game Fork to be true just so I can watch the rabid Sony defenders squirm. Normally I would discount this sort of rumor as just that and only a rumor, but Game Fork is being awfully specific with some of the information he's been dropping."
Oh shush, it will work both ways and you know that.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thiago
get2sammyb said:
"To be fair to Thiago - it was pretty funny when people assumed that the "power symbol" on the iPhone Metal Gear teaser was the XBOX360 power symbol; when it clearly is a universal standard.

It was funny as hell. Haha. The fanboys in forums celebrating and all! It was truly epic.
dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#36  Edited By dudacles

It would be nice, because I doubt I'll ever get to play MGS4, but that is a sacrifice I made when I chose a 360 over a PS3. I don't believe this will happen, and anyone who does will get disappointed.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I was hoping to get a PS3 soon, possibly later this year, but if MGS4 is coming to 360, I might just have to hold off on the PS3 for a little longer... at least until God of War 3.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CL60
Karmum said:
"CL60 said:
"thiago said:
"End_Boss said:

Which "tears" are you talking about? The only "tears" you are going to be licking up is the 'fanboys', which is very minuscule when it comes to the big picture. I'll lick up the tears of you, for posting silly comments like this. Just ignore fanboys, dood."
The tears I'm talking about were clearly the masses of people like the super trolling fanboy thiago crying about everything when FF13 was announced for the 360, and IF MGS4 does indeed get announced for the 360, there will be even more tears coming from all of them and if it does.

Point is, I find it hilarious how thiago makes fun of fanboys yet he is a massive one himself and I mean MASSIVE.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
get2sammyb said:
"To be fair to Thiago - it was pretty funny when people assumed that the "power symbol" on the iPhone Metal Gear teaser was the XBOX360 power symbol; when it clearly is a universal standard.

MB said:
"I mainly want this MGS4 +Oxide rumor from Game Fork to be true just so I can watch the rabid Sony defenders squirm. Normally I would discount this sort of rumor as just that and only a rumor, but Game Fork is being awfully specific with some of the information he's been dropping."
Oh shush, it will work both ways and you know that."
Of course it works both ways but the pittling lil exclusives that have went to ps3 from 360 are not nearly as big as final fantasy 13 and mgs 4 specially when the main defense of those titles not comming to the 360 has all ways been its not possible from a technical standpoint.

P.S: where on the iphone can you show me where that power button appears? I've seen an iphone and the circle with an i peircing it appears no where on the iphone or ipod touch...

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#40  Edited By SunKing

I really would love to play MGS4 on the 360. I'd also love to see a copy of MGS3 turning up on XBLA, since I never quite completed that game (my PS2 had a heart attack and died). I'm not too keen on ZoE, but I'll be honest: whatever it is Kojima is shovelling, I'll probably buy it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TwoOneFive

if this happens, whoever is on the stage at MS's press conference will try to make it seem amazing, but it won't be. 

it would be a harsh blow if the game looked way better somehow though...

the whole amount of data available on a DVD thing is still an issue though right? i would assume as soon as you put the disc in, it would require a big fat several gigabyte update. 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By jakob187

Well, if you look back at that story, Game Fork said the next GTA IV DLC expansion was called "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover".  We now know it's called "The Ballad of Gay Tony".

Sooooo...can we say "myth busted"?
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By artofwar420

This has as much chance to happen as is Halo coming to the PS3

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
artofwar420 said:
This has as much chance to happen as is Halo coming to the PS3
Not really.  MGS4 on the 360 is actually pretty likely.  I'd say it's even probable.

It however, will NOT be the megaton.  There will be a megaton though.
DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DECA555
@CL60: lol and im the moron. 
Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jotun

"You're a fanboy"

"No you're a fanboy!"

"Nu-uh, you're a fanboy!"

Jesus Christ people. They're just video games.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kiemoe
OmegaPirate said:
I hope not - even though i own both consoles- i would like ot hear some other news out of ... [more]
^^This^^

But I am curious to see what would happen with a 360 version MGS4. There's a whole lot of anti-Microsoft stuff in there (Snake's iPod, Otacon's iMac, the fact that they talk about the PS3 in it all the time, my favorite being switching discs in Shadow Moses) that it would be funny and worth it just to see that stuff awkwardly edited.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Feanor

Why can't people just be fans of games?  If you are a real gamer you would just be happy that more people get to play a great game.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Kiemoe said:
OmegaPirate said: I hope not - even though i own both consoles- i would like ot hear some other news ... [more]
That'd be interesting.  Would they make it all 360 stuff?  Hmm....probably, but they do have a N64 in Banjo: Nuts and Bolts.  I'd imagine they'll switch it out, make ipods zunes, etc.
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kiemoe
SmugDarkLoser said:
Kiemoe said: OmegaPirate said: I hope not - even though i own both consoles- i would like ot hear some ... [more]
How weird it would be to see that! The only thing about the Banjo thing is that the 360 isn't really competing with the 64, you know? So I'm sure they're a whole lot less comfortable about this problem.