#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Fire emblem, mega10 4, time and entirety, disgaea D-2, ZHP 2, atiler Ayesha, soul sacrifice, pandora's tower, ff14 realm reborm, new monster hunter, new tales game. Excitement, enthusiasm VIDEO GAMES MAN!

#2 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

WHOO

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
  • Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
  • Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Dark Souls 2

Sure, not bad.

#4 Posted by Metalisticpain (71 posts) -

Sucks for PAL regions :( Anything by Atlas wont come out until 2014 at the earliest.Also... do you really count FF14 realm reborn as a highlight?

#5 Posted by Pazy (2559 posts) -

Sucks for PAL regions :( Anything by Atlas wont come out until 2014 at the earliest.Also... do you really count FF14 realm reborn as a highlight?

I do. FF14 had a whole lot of flaws but it had a lot of solid ideas I appreciated so im eager to see what two years and a whole lot of feedback will do for it.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

don't forget about lightning returns!

#7 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Hype!

#8 Posted by mwng (919 posts) -

@metalisticpain said:

This. But also looking forward to Etrian Odyssey IV, which happens to be an Atlas game that will actually release this year though, assuming Nintendo make good on their claim.

Should probably compose a list if people have some more stuff I've totally forgotten about.

#9 Edited by Aarglefarg (25 posts) -

There is also a video game called Ni no Kuni. :)

#10 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

I don't think so unless you have a 3DS or Vita it seems. Not trying to be the turd in the punchbowl, but it's getting disappointing that the primary JRPG developers are getting a bit too cozy with the handheld platform. I saw SMT IV in this thread and got a bit excited until I saw that it was for the 3DS.

Monster Hunter I've never really understood, the Tales series has never appealed to me, and as for Final Fantasy, I can't count on Square-Enix producing a game that's worth a shit nowadays.

Come on Atlus, get to work on a SMT console game!

#11 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5160 posts) -

Unfortunately most of these games are too anime, what happened to ridiculously designed pseudo western characters and graphics :'(

#12 Posted by TheHT (10796 posts) -

Hopefully we'll get Versus 13 (or renamed as 15?) too.

#13 Edited by believer258 (11559 posts) -

I don't think so unless you have a 3DS or Vita it seems. Not trying to be the turd in the punchbowl, but it's getting disappointing that the primary JRPG developers are getting a bit too cozy with the handheld platform. I saw SMT IV in this thread and got a bit excited until I saw that it was for the 3DS.

Monster Hunter I've never really understood, the Tales series has never appealed to me, and as for Final Fantasy, I can't count on Square-Enix producing a game that's worth a shit nowadays.

I don't think they really can make a good profit with them on consoles, or they probably would.

#14 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

@quististrepe said:

I don't think they really can make a good profit with them on consoles, or they probably would.

Sad but true, I can't argue that.

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

Unfortunately most of these games are too anime, what happened to ridiculously designed pseudo western characters and graphics :'(

This confuses me.

#16 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@fredchuckdave said:

This confuses me.

I am assuming he's talking about post 10 final fantasy style.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -
#18 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5160 posts) -

Not anime in the sense that it's japanese and therefore anime because anime anime; but actually tries to embody anime in the graphics and art design in addition to the retarded characters. So basically I want games with good storylines and good characters without cartoon graphics, huge eyes, and non existent noses (the best team here is the one that made FFT, Vagrant Story, and FFXII in terms of art style and overall plot though obviously XII's falls short); but really any PS1 JRPG and about half of the PS2 JRPGs were fine in this regard.

#19 Posted by anywhereilay (141 posts) -

I have The Last Story, Tactics Ogre, and Ni No Kuni sitting in my house, unplayed. It'll be a good year for my JRPG backlog. Currently playing through Tales of Graces F. I also intend to finally get Xenoblade this year.

#20 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -
#21 Edited by Neurotic (631 posts) -

SMT, yes. Tales and Fire Emblem, possibly. The rest? Eh, or I haven't heard of.

Europe probably won't get SMT IV this year but Devil Survivor: Overclocked is finally getting a release soon. So that's something I guess...

Fire Emblem is something new to me and looks real good but I'd call it an SRPG before a JRPG, if that makes sense. As for Tales, if it's anywhere close to as good as Vesperia then I'm on board. I was left a little disappointed by Graces f though.

My relatively ambivalent time with Ni No Kuni has made me consider that maybe I'm not as into JRPGs-that-aren't-called-SMT/Persona as I once was. Or maybe it was just that game, I dunno. Now, if they were to release that third Valkyria Chronicles game over here... /hopingformiracles

#22 Posted by Tenebre (25 posts) -

Atlus' name was on the PS4 3rd party list. Maybe we'll get some good shit on there as well >_>

(Persona 5 on PS4! I wish)

#23 Posted by Jagged85 (128 posts) -

Don't forget X.

#24 Edited by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -
#25 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

Who knows? Maybe that VC3 Fan Translation hack will be done this year too!

#26 Posted by Gaff (1637 posts) -

The word "JRPG" seems to turn more hollow every time I hear it in this thread?

Also, Pandora's Tower?

#27 Posted by FLYmeatwad (154 posts) -

Do people really consider Fire Emblem to be a JRPG?

I'm probably getting Pandora's Tower, currently have it pre-ordered anyway and thinking I'll pick it up (missed out on The Last Story, but it seems like those are still easy enough to find, unlike Xenoblade which is jacked up high in price. Both Pandora and TLS are XSEED though, while Xenoblade is Nintendo. Not sure if that means anything in terms of how many get printed. Thankfully I picked Xenoblade up right around launch when I saw GB's QuickLook) on the off chance it goes scarce. Not sure how great it's supposed to be though, I've heard chatter that it (and Last Story) isn't that great. Passed on NNK at $50 the past week for Pandora's so hopefully it's pretty good. Or at least has a decent secondary market if it's not by being a post-WiiU release Wii game from Japan.