#1 Posted by vegetashonor (610 posts) -

Are going to waste, and it makes me sad. :(

#2 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

They threw them away.

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

It's part of a new Breaking Brad where Brad has to eat each and every CD.

#4 Posted by vegetashonor (610 posts) -

@jz: I feel that this community is split. If you request, your hated. If your not doing that, then your wondering just where in the hell is all of the previously loved subscriber content. Kinda lose-lose.

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

They need a all day livestream of the office. That way the question of "what the hell do you do all day?" can be answered.

#6 Posted by Kidavenger (3548 posts) -

They are building gaming pcs right now so probably expect more on that front in the near future.

#7 Posted by vegetashonor (610 posts) -

@jz: Bur nobody acts the same when the cameras are rolling in a fashion like this. I feel it would just be fabricated for the most part.

#8 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Well if they put on a show all day everyday instead of acting normal, then we get a all day show everyday.

#9 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1419 posts) -

@vegetashonor: Thats why you install them secretly and dont let them know. It may be illegal but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs

#10 Edited by smileyforall220 (31 posts) -

This man has a point. Why exactly should we pay for subscriber feature, when we're not getting any subscriber content?

#11 Posted by Doomed (196 posts) -

I don't understand why people send stuff like that into GB. Donate it to Goodwill or something. Or sell it in one lot on eBay and donate the proceeds to a worthy cause / extended subscription to Giant Bomb.

#12 Posted by super2j (1691 posts) -

@doomed said:

I don't understand why people send stuff like that into GB. Donate it to Goodwill or something. Or sell it in one lot on eBay and donate the proceeds to a worthy cause / extended subscription to Giant Bomb.

because they are able to do stupid stuff with rare or forgotten games in a way that brings them back to an audience who may or may not know what they were. Its funny for the people who dont know the game and nostalgic and funny for those who do. Putting those on sale may end up collecting dust, but on GB there is a chance that they will get a second life.

The equivalent to what you are saying is like if (TOY STORY SPOILER) Andy didnt give his toys to that girl but instead just sold them for like 10$ and used it for an iphone.. Except we are the little girls... no wait the crew is the little girls and we are living vicariously as little girls thru the Crew who are little girls. Ok that makes sense.

#13 Posted by TruthTellah (9073 posts) -

@vegetashonor: They're purposefully not playing them to spite you.

Or maybe Dave has just been busy with launching two new sites and will get around to it. You know, whichever.

#14 Edited by Gaff (1748 posts) -

They are building gaming pcs right now so probably expect more on that front in the near future.

Considering the age of the games in those binders, what they actually need is a high-end Windows 98 machine. The games from the binder that they did play (Russian RTS, Omikron, Descent, X-Files) were buggy as hell.

#15 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@jz said:

They need a all day livestream of the office. That way the question of "what the hell do you do all day?" can be answered.

Or, you know, just don't worry about it. We don't need to know everything about what these guys are doing. For god's sake, let them run their website.

#16 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

@vegetashonor: Thats why you install them secretly and dont let them know. It may be illegal but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs

You are one dirty sunuvabitch.

I love it.

#17 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5490 posts) -

There's a lot of untapped features and a lot of time in the next several months. Let's see where it goes.

#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -

I'm just hoping that they're stockpiling for the upcoming drought. Last year it felt like there was nothing going on, but this time I don't think they'll have as much of an excuse.

#19 Posted by ShaggE (6452 posts) -

Oh, you missed the "We'll Never Archive This So Watch It Now Or Never PC Game Binder Endurance Run"?

Shame... it was full of gameplay, witticisms, and shocking revelations about the crew. For instance, did you know that Ryan can perform a pitch-perfect rendition of the aria from Verde's Rigoletto? It was beautiful, man... absolutely beautiful.

#20 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2457 posts) -

Binders full of women

#21 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11734 posts) -

@shagge said:

Oh, you missed the "We'll Never Archive This So Watch It Now Or Never PC Game Binder Endurance Run"?

Shame... it was full of gameplay, witticisms, and shocking revelations about the crew. For instance, did you know that Ryan can perform a pitch-perfect rendition of the aria from Verde's Rigoletto? It was beautiful, man... absolutely beautiful.

It's funny, because the actual unarchived livestream where they played a bunch of famicom games was super underwhelming and consisted of: "It's another goddamn Pachinko game, get the next one in the pile" for about 4 hours straight.

I imagine that they'll get to that binder once Dave gets back from being a dad, fixes all of the website problems and causes KiteCo to be the most powerful corp on EVE online. Soooo... in like 6 months, at which point they'll be like "Games are coming out again, we're too busy not reviewing them to do this kind of stuff".

#22 Posted by vegetashonor (610 posts) -

@arbitrarywater: This is the sad truth about GB now...Why you make me so sad?

#23 Edited by RonGalaxy (3166 posts) -

Jesus, there's like 6 dudes, who consistently appear on camera, that are catering to an audience of THOUSANDS. If you want 24/7 coverage, use other freaking sites then, because that isn't the goal for this one. As for subscriber content. It has been lacking lately, but its quality is justification enough for me to put down 5 bucks a month. And don't you like showing support for the site? I know I do, cause I love this damn place