#151 Posted by Chaoskiller2000 (330 posts) -

Tales of Graces f

#152 Posted by RobotHamster (4237 posts) -

Haven't played anything from this year. But from the games I started this year I'd say Saints Row 3.

#153 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12875 posts) -

I'm not sure if I've even bought any 2012 releases besides Street Fighter x Tekken, so thus that has to be my answer. Ehh. It's alright. The DLC craziness and the broken online aren't helping.

#154 Posted by Viking_Funeral (2180 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 is the only new game I can think of, so it wins by default. The first few months of any year are usually pretty sparse.

#155 Posted by EliminatoR (313 posts) -

Journey and Katawa Shoujo

#156 Posted by isles (253 posts) -

I'm unemployed so I haven't been able to afford 90% of the games I've been interested in getting but it's a tie between ME3 and Crusader Kings II. So many Japanese games that I just can't afford. :(

#157 Posted by emergency (1206 posts) -

SSX i believe.

#158 Posted by mandude (2670 posts) -

I'm still playing late-2011 games. Only looking forward to playing KoA and Fall of the Samurai, though.

#159 Posted by Rafaelfc (1815 posts) -

Mass Effect 3

#160 Posted by Redbullet685 (6217 posts) -

Probably has to be Journey.

#161 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

ME3, it's all I've played so far

#162 Posted by ShadowVirus (841 posts) -

Only played Sine Mora and Shoot Many Robots from this year so far, out of the two I'd have to say Sine Mora is my favourite, but they're both fun to play.

#163 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1750 posts) -

Right now, my top three are Journey, Binary Domain, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2. Not a bad bit of diversity there!

Journey is all-around awesome. Binary Domain has some good gunplay, some pretty great characters and story beats, and the best suite of boss fights I've experienced in a while. Seeing a 100-foot tall mecha spider dance around on 1 leg after I blasted off the other 7 is a sight to behold. And Devil Survivor 2 is just a damn good strategy game.

#164 Posted by Blackout62 (1517 posts) -

Journey, SSX, Mass Effect 3 in that order.

#165 Posted by Dogma (1006 posts) -

Journey and Asura's Wrath. I'm in favor of games that feel different. I also played a lot of Mass Effect 3 so I guess that one goes on the list too.

#166 Posted by BisonHero (8564 posts) -

I haven't really played anything released in 2012 yet, aside from the Steam version of Stacking and Wizorb, technically.

This topic probably could've been a poll, because there have really only been a handful of relevant releases thus far.

#167 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3475 posts) -
#168 Edited by BoOzak (1047 posts) -

Not to be a sheep or anything but ME3 obviously.

Here are some other games i've played in order of awesomeness.

1. Catherine
  2. Binary Domain
  3. The Darkness 2
  4. Twisted Metal (barely played this one so far but i'm enjoying it)
  5. Kingdoms of Amalur (like Jeff said, ignore most of the side quests and you'll have a much better time)
  6. SSX (this would be slightly higher if it werent for the god-awful soundtrack)
  7. Asura's Wrath (plays like shit, but I like stupid and over-the-top anime)
#169 Posted by Sauson (568 posts) -

Street Fighter x Tekken.

#170 Posted by JuggertrainUK (271 posts) -

ME3

#171 Posted by Nameless2000 (77 posts) -

I've only bought a small number of games this year, but Rhythm Heaven Fever is by far my favorite. I like it so much that I put it in my avatar!

#172 Posted by Brendan (8803 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 is the only 2012 release I've played thus far, but have zero problem calling it my favourite anyways. Seriously great.

#173 Edited by jlev880 (212 posts) -

Persona 4 because I haven't really played too many games released this year but I did play that for the first time this year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

#174 Edited by iBePeRFeCT (397 posts) -

Been working mostly on my backlog so I haven't gotten around to many of this year's games. With that said, I did really enjoy Katawa Shoujo, but I would say that Mass Effect 3 was definitely my favorite game of the year so far.

#175 Posted by Hunkulese (2968 posts) -

Diablo III

#176 Posted by bearshamanbro (293 posts) -

Soul Calibur V, no joke

#177 Posted by InfiniteSpark (338 posts) -

So far it's only Rhythm Heaven Fever and Journey. I haven't delved in too much into the other 2012 games I have (SSX, FF XIII-2, SFxT, Twisted Metal).

#178 Posted by MeierTheRed (5023 posts) -

Twisted Metal and Journey

#179 Posted by mazik765 (2335 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. Haven't finished it yet though, so who knows?

#180 Posted by awesomeusername (4535 posts) -

I guess Portal 2. I just beat it today and that game is easily one of my favorites of all time. Been also playing L.A. Noire which is great, The Lost & Damned, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and LittleBigPlanet 2. Games I've beaten are inFAMOUS 2, all the Fallout 3 DLC, Modern Warfare 2 for trophies, a second Mass Effect 2 playthrough, and Killzone 3. I'll probably finish up Ratchet & Clank: All for One this summer when my friend brings it over. I also tried playing Uncharted 2 on hard but right around chapter 18, the singleplayer messed up where I got this infinite loading screen. I'm hoping to get Journey next.

#181 Posted by TooWalrus (13341 posts) -

Ssx is pretty great. Ffxiii-2 is lrss greaf, I know, but I think I enjoyed it more...

#182 Posted by CJduke (848 posts) -

So far I've played Mass Effect 3, most of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Gotham City Imposters, and Journey. And in order of how much I enjoyed them

1. Journey- Amazing 
2. Mass Effect 3- Solid game, it was fun and it was a good series but the ending was bad and 2 was overall a much better game.
3. Reckoning-Haven't finished it yet, I like a lot of things about this game, but I also dislike a good amount of stuff. I feel like they could have made it so much better.  
4. Gotham City Imposters- Fun if you are bored, but the servers are awful on PC and the humor actually wore off on me much quicker than I thought it would.

#183 Posted by Rawrz (604 posts) -

Mass effect 3. Shitty ending or not that game was one hell of an amazing and surprisingly emotional time.

#184 Posted by MikeGosot (3235 posts) -

Binary Domain is the best game of 2012 for me, period.

#185 Posted by Red (6146 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. Journey's the only other new release I've played this year, and I had some problems with it. ME3, while not as good as the Mass Effects that followed it, was still pretty damn fantastic.

#186 Posted by RetroVirus (1559 posts) -

Mass Effect 3.

#187 Posted by Jeust (11558 posts) -

Catherine

#188 Posted by Animasta (14824 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

This might also be true for me as well

so damn good

#189 Posted by Spoonman671 (5130 posts) -

Journey, but I haven't played many recent games.

#190 Posted by nick_verissimo (1440 posts) -

Of 2012 releases all I've bought is Journey and Dead Esther, so...Journey wins.

#191 Posted by ClairvoyantVibrations (1015 posts) -

Journey, Amalur, and SSX, porbably.

#192 Posted by Steeeeve (9 posts) -

All I've played so far is Asura's Wrath, but I really do like that game. It's a shame that they're handling the DLC in such a shady way.

#193 Posted by me3639 (2006 posts) -

The only 2012 game worthy of consideration i have played so far is Kingdoms of Amular.

#194 Posted by SSully (4722 posts) -

Pretty sure Journey is the only 2012 game I have played so far, and it was fantastic. So that.

#195 Edited by Fistfulofmetal (755 posts) -

Best to worst

1.) Syndicate

2.) Journey

3.) Mass Effect 3

4.) The Darkness 2

#196 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

Journey. Mass Effect 3. SSX. The Darkness II. NeverDead ;)

#197 Posted by D_Mac (124 posts) -

Didn't like ME3s ending, but I'm on my third play through. Not sure why. I must like the game.... Played it more than anything else this year.

#198 Posted by ConfusedOwl (1038 posts) -

I've only bought one game this year so far, and that's Kingdoms of Amalur. So I guess that's my favourite, it will soon be replaced though once I get my hands on Xenoblade.

#199 Posted by MikeGosot (3235 posts) -
@Animasta said:

@MikeGosot said:

This might also be true for me as well

so damn good

The pacing, the bosses, the storyline, everything was sooo great. I don't think i will EVER forget the Spider Boss Battle.
#200 Posted by Daneian (1307 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, Syndicate, Darkness 2, Rhythm Heaven Fever