• 101 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

So I waded a little ways into the Jim Sterling thread, and I don't necessarily have a strong opinion on the topic. I've read some of his articles and I know that I don't really like his tone and the persona he portrays on destructoid, which is a large part why I don't ever visit the site.

The person I do have a very strong opinion on however is another "personality" Tim Rogers, I dislike this man with an almost unbridled passion. I frequented Kotaku enough that every once in awhile I would see an article of his pop up. I would try to wade through his filth that he calls an article, and just marvel at how many people love him and his articles. However his articles are like diarrhea of the mouth, that spews without stopping and lacks all punctuation and even the decency of paragraphs.

Now, I can't describe how much I dislike this man in every sense of the word without fear of raising my blood to boiling point. I was curious how all you duders feel in regards to Tim Rogers.

#2 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

Can u give an example ?

#3 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

You guys are going to seriously make me go to Kotaku for a link?

#4 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Yep.

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (11848 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
Yep.
#6 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -
#7 Posted by Ghostiet (5224 posts) -

One look at that photo made me hate him.

#8 Posted by Ben_H (3311 posts) -

@Rawrnosaurous said:

LINK

Wow. Yeah, you aren't too far off.

#9 Edited by Turambar (6675 posts) -

Let me put this in perspective.  He's partnered up with Bob from Bob's Game.  In fact, in that link, the pic of him with another guy in the Adidas track suits, that's Bob.

#10 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

i could only stand to look at that article for a minute or two.

wow that was really really bad.

#11 Posted by adoggz (2042 posts) -

@Rawrnosaurous said:

However his articles are like diarrhea of the mouth, that spews without stopping and lacks all punctuation and even the decency of paragraphs.

Now, I can't describe how much I dislike this man in every sense of the word without fear of raising my blood to boiling point. I was curious how all you duders feel in regards to Tim Rogers.

sounds like you don't like him because he isnt a grammar nazi.

Online
#12 Posted by downtime58 (224 posts) -

I have a solution...don't read his articles.

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Never heard of him.

This.

@Rawrnosaurous said:

You guys are going to seriously make me go to Kotaku for a link?

Well, it helps up understand why you think he's a dookie head.

#14 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3173 posts) -

More like TIME Rogers am I right? Dohohoho. Though I do like Jim.

#15 Posted by 71Ranchero (2675 posts) -

I have hated Tim Rogers for almost a decade. He can take his new age game journalism and shove it strait up his ass.

#16 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

Skinny jeans, raper moustache, track suits in business settings!?

You have convinced me that he is a person worthy of hate.

#17 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Oh God. Skinny jeans, lame hair, creepy facial hair. This man is not a winner.

#18 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

@adoggz said:

sounds like you don't like him because he isnt a grammar nazi.

I don't have a problem with someone making a grammatical error or forgetting to put a comma or semi-colon, for the longest time he just refused to use punctuation of any kind. There were several "articles" that he wrote that was devoid of a single period and essentially it was a three page run on sentence.

#19 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Don´t go to Kotaku... I stopped doing it and now Im a happy internet person.

#20 Posted by RobertOrri (1120 posts) -

All you need to know.

#22 Posted by Nentisys (886 posts) -

@Ghostiet said:

One look at that photo made me hate him.

This.

#23 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

I clicked on the link and went to Kotaku. I hope you are proud of yourself. I hated every second of it. I'm not really sure how it did it, but somehow that article and the way it was written just got under my skin and inevitably started to rage a little. Just a little, just a little.  I think I made the right choice in not reading it all. I did skip to the comments though, and holy shit! It is just as bad!
 
There is a reason I do not go to Kotaku. There is a reason why I never tell people to go to Kotaku. Thank you for reminding what the reason was.

#24 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -
@RobertOrri: That video seems to be more montage of Japan then anything to do with this guy.... 
 
Ah... Got through to the other side... Yeah, this guy seems like a total dick.
#25 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

Tim Rogers is one of the numerous reasons I stopped reading Kotaku.

Also, he's a terrible writer severely in need of an editor.

#26 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

Should Tim Rogers die?

#27 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

@EuanDewar: I won't say i'm for it, I wouldn't stop the guy that was killing him though.

#28 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
 

MY OPINION IS SOLIDIFIED. 

#29 Edited by RagnarokRed (90 posts) -

I liked his article about why he felt Ninja Gaiden Black had some of the best game mechanics around, and why he felt FFXIII was underwhelming (as in I think he explained himself well enough that I could understand his point of view on both games), but everything else he's written just seems to be eh. He has a decent voice sometimes, but it seems to be caught up with talking about himself.

#30 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

Honestly, this is the same site that let's Lisa Foiles post random shit and call it insightful. At least in Lisa's case she's pretty hot.

#31 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@adoggz: people who write for a living should publish grammatically correct everythings. Especially when it's articles. Maybe you can get away with some silliness in a fiction novel or something, but this isn't poetry.com here, he writes articles, formal pieces of writing.

#32 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Holy Christ, trying to read that article. It was... it was difficult, I mean seriously? He has made an article about how video games have influenced his fashion and thinks he's the most fashionable person on the planet? 'Steal this Look'? Fuck no.

#33 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Should Tim Rogers die?

He's mortal presumably, so yes.

Will he? Time will tell. I hope he does, because for someone like him to be immortal would only mean that there truly is no justice in this universe.

#34 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -
@Hailinel

@EuanDewar said:

Should Tim Rogers die?

He's mortal presumably, so yes.

Will he? Time will tell. I hope he does, because for someone like him to be immortal would only mean that there truly is no justice in this universe.

You see what's happened here is I've made a Mega64 reference and you've taken it and gone in a whole other direction.
#35 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

Holy Christ, trying to read that article. It was... it was difficult, I mean seriously? He has made an article about how video games have influenced his fashion and thinks he's the most fashionable person on the planet? 'Steal this Look'? Fuck no.

You should try to read his article that's presumably his impressions on Final Fantasy XIII at some point. Long-winded, rambling, aimless, repetitive (he has this weird thing about reminding people how old he is), and ultimately meaningless in regards to its supposed topic.

Actually, it's better you don't read it.

@EuanDewar said:

@Hailinel

@EuanDewar said:

Should Tim Rogers die?

He's mortal presumably, so yes.

Will he? Time will tell. I hope he does, because for someone like him to be immortal would only mean that there truly is no justice in this universe.

You see what's happened here is I've made a Mega64 reference and you've taken it and gone in a whole other direction.

You see what's happened here is you've made a Mega64 reference which I did not get, but I stand by my words.

#36 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@EuanDewar said:

@Hailinel

@EuanDewar said:

Should Tim Rogers die?

He's mortal presumably, so yes.

Will he? Time will tell. I hope he does, because for someone like him to be immortal would only mean that there truly is no justice in this universe.

You see what's happened here is I've made a Mega64 reference and you've taken it and gone in a whole other direction.

You see what's happened here is you've made a Mega64 reference which I did not get, but I stand by my words.

Don't mind, Mega64 is terrible anyways. ;3

#37 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

@Cloudenvy:

#38 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@EuanDewar: You're not helping. T___T

#39 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@EuanDewar: You're not helping. T___T

#40 Posted by dudeglove (7687 posts) -

A couple of articles that I did manage to read of his were slightly insightful, but every single piece is ruined by the fact that he is so colossally full of shit. In those few moments where does shut up about how wonderful he is, he does make some interesting points. Unfortunately, finding them among the 5,000 word articles just isn't worth it sometimes. He also dresses and acts like a complete dick.

Why Gawker pay this man to do this crap baffles me, but still not as baffling as the fact that Gawker media exists in the first place.

#41 Posted by LetsRockBaby (241 posts) -

Seems like the kind of guy I would punch in the face for existing.

#42 Posted by AssInAss (2543 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

Don´t go to Kotaku... I stopped doing it and now Im a happy internet person.

This. Don't give them hits for their nerdbait Gawker "articles".

#43 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

@Anwar: 1 Minute into the video exactly. It's a pretty specific joke, you are very much overreacting.

#44 Posted by Evilsbane (4538 posts) -

@Rawrnosaurous: You know ill be honest, I thought at first you were just over reacting but my god, that article makes me want to cut my eyes out so I can't read it, I am sorry for doubting you.

#45 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

David Guetta works for kotaku?

#46 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

@Anwar: It literally doesn't matter.

#47 Posted by AgnosticJesus (542 posts) -

Steve Rogers, hero?

#48 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

@Rawrnosaurous said:

LINK

Wow, excuse me for a second while I go outside and murder the internet.

#49 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1914 posts) -

This was the worst:

"I must point out somewhere in this thing that I am not a hipster—I am the proto-hipster. I am the guy all of the hipsters are ripping off."

That's exactly what every hipster thinks of their self.

Either he's being sarcastic and trying to be a douchebag, or he actually has no idea how much of a giant bag of dicks he truly is. Either way, it's bad.

#50 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin: It's very hard to look at that article and pick out the worst bit but yes I think that was really far up there.

I would also like to nominate the fact that he attributes his "flawless CG-like skin" to the fact that he has never drank, never smoked a cigarette, and almost never eaten meat.

Not to mention the fact that, he is literally telling you that if you want to be like him you have to buy the most expensive and exclusive products for whatever it is you need.

Need underwear? You should apparently only buy $27 dollar pairs of underwear, or if possible $32 dollars. Need shampoo? Never purchase any that is less than 50 dollars and don't purchase it from a store that sells other types of items.