brooklyngrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Edited By brooklyngrenade

What's up folks!

Happy Valentine's Day to those who actually "celebrate" it with good reason. This is the first Valentine's Day I actually participated in fully. Man, I gotta say, having a girlfriend is awesome, especially when she's an awesome and wonderful person. Spending the day with her was great. We went to see Coraline, which is a good flick. And I'm telling you now, the only sensible way to see it is in 3D, otherwise you will not enjoy the movie fully. I then spent the evening at her house for the first time, which was great in itself. I truly feel like a boyfriend now...

But enough about my "love life," just wanted to say it is going very well. Now when it comes to games, I'm actually getting more time to play than I have been able to in a loooong time. As a Valentine's Day gift, my parents got me Fallout 3. Yeah, you know, the one true game I was advocating to the fullest all of last year. The very same game that many of you have played, beaten, acclaimed, played and beaten again as well as the DLC. Yeah, I'm about a few months late but still, I'm gonna go all out with this game--hopefully. I plan on starting it right after this NBA All Star Slam Dunk Contest finishes.

In addition to that, I got back into Team Fortress 2. I'm always up for a match or two, so if you see me on Steam or Xfire, hit me up. And whenever there's free time, I've been playing Rock Band 2 with my sister. I need to dig into unlocking more songs in that game.

Also, I'm renting Prince of Persia from Gamefly, should be coming around Tuesday. Oh, and Gears of War 2 calls my name constantly from its crevice on the shelf. I really need to play through the campaign. Anyone wants to be my co-op buddy?

I'm heading out to the mall tomorrow to spend some birthday money and the remainder of this Target gift card. I am certainly getting a 1600 point marketplace card since GTA The Lost & the Damned comes out Tuesday, and probably a new rechargeable battery for my controller; the one I currently have dies so quickly. And I absolutely loved Burnout Paradise when I rented it so I'll probably purchase that tomorrow since it's about $20 now. Man, it feels good to talk about games...and actually play them.

Talk to you guys soon.

Avatar image for brooklyngrenade
brooklyngrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By brooklyngrenade

What's up folks!

Happy Valentine's Day to those who actually "celebrate" it with good reason. This is the first Valentine's Day I actually participated in fully. Man, I gotta say, having a girlfriend is awesome, especially when she's an awesome and wonderful person. Spending the day with her was great. We went to see Coraline, which is a good flick. And I'm telling you now, the only sensible way to see it is in 3D, otherwise you will not enjoy the movie fully. I then spent the evening at her house for the first time, which was great in itself. I truly feel like a boyfriend now...

But enough about my "love life," just wanted to say it is going very well. Now when it comes to games, I'm actually getting more time to play than I have been able to in a loooong time. As a Valentine's Day gift, my parents got me Fallout 3. Yeah, you know, the one true game I was advocating to the fullest all of last year. The very same game that many of you have played, beaten, acclaimed, played and beaten again as well as the DLC. Yeah, I'm about a few months late but still, I'm gonna go all out with this game--hopefully. I plan on starting it right after this NBA All Star Slam Dunk Contest finishes.

In addition to that, I got back into Team Fortress 2. I'm always up for a match or two, so if you see me on Steam or Xfire, hit me up. And whenever there's free time, I've been playing Rock Band 2 with my sister. I need to dig into unlocking more songs in that game.

Also, I'm renting Prince of Persia from Gamefly, should be coming around Tuesday. Oh, and Gears of War 2 calls my name constantly from its crevice on the shelf. I really need to play through the campaign. Anyone wants to be my co-op buddy?

I'm heading out to the mall tomorrow to spend some birthday money and the remainder of this Target gift card. I am certainly getting a 1600 point marketplace card since GTA The Lost & the Damned comes out Tuesday, and probably a new rechargeable battery for my controller; the one I currently have dies so quickly. And I absolutely loved Burnout Paradise when I rented it so I'll probably purchase that tomorrow since it's about $20 now. Man, it feels good to talk about games...and actually play them.

Talk to you guys soon.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JamesF

Good to hear from ya Ish. I have yet to play through the campaign as well, if you want to play some, lemme know.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Hey man, I need some help with the Insane campaign in Gears 2. Maybe we can team up

Gamertag: xMiSfItXXlOvE

If I don't accept the invite, it means I never got it. Also, as of right now I don't have a mic because it's busted. :( I should get one soon though.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xandurson

Yeah I can't wait for the GTA DLC. Congrats on the games!

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By xShR3Dx

Good to see ya back again.

stanhigareda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By stanhigareda

Good to see you! And well, I am a big enemy of Valentine's Day, but anyway... I am glad you had a good time with your girlfriend. Don't worry about being delayed with FallOut 3. I havent even gotten it yet :)

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By DBoy

Nice to see you back dude.  Glad you enjoyed V-Day.  I didn't really enjoy it myself, and haven't for the past couple of years, but that's alright.  You'll love Fallout 3, it's awesome.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By gearhead

"I truly feel like a boyfriend now..."
ZING!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima

Valentine's Day is not my thing. I just think the concept of reserving a day that you have to blow money on frivolous items is a bit silly.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

Nice blog, dude. Glad to hear your "love life" is doing well; I need to get a gf again myself :( But I am fine for now! 

Fallout 3 is cool but I am still stuck in the beginning.  I have a week long break, so my goal is to finish that and Dead Space. Let us hope those goals get achieved.

I want to see Coraline myself. It looks pretty interesting, and I love those stop-motion films anyway.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By phlegms

Good to see you are getting some much needed down time to game.
Wish I had that kind of luxury..

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Enjoy Fallout3. It's an incredible game full of variety and depth.

Rocker500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Rocker500

Hey man. Glad to hear you're doing well. I've been pretty busy myself, but if you see me on Xbox LIVE, I'd definitely love to go through the campaign on Insane to get that achievement (I think we can both do it on Insane, since at least I've beaten it once already.).