• 192 results
#151 Posted by FoxMulder (1630 posts) -

As for my sins...

Whenever there is a character creator, I spend hours perfecting them. Skyrim and Mass Effect 2 probably have a good 2-3 hours spent tweaking character appearance alone.

As a kid I sold systems and all games from those systems to Gamestop to fund getting the next console. And I have re-bought a most of those systems/games in the past 10 years.

I played so much Skyrim that I actually got bad headaches and eye strain when I played or even watched TV at all.

Bought a PSP and almost 10 games for it. Have only played one of them to completion...and it was Little Big Planet which is about 3 hours long.

#152 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

I play fighting games for the single player content.

Nice, I can definitely agree with that one (though its getting less weird now).

My personal one is that I like very easy games, and will quite any game after a difficulty spike regardless of how far I am into it. Which is how Sonic Generations and Darksiders are both uninstalled at ~10minutes of competent play from the finish line. And 2 levels from the end of Super Mario U.

#153 Posted by Xymox (2068 posts) -

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

I also backtrack back to the last bonfire I used after I beat a boss in Dark Souls, rather than press on into the unknown with a shit-ton of souls.

There is no sinning in Dark Souls. And even if there was, that's the mildest thing I've ever heard anyone do. I do that on enemies I know won't re-spawn if I've wasted an estus on them. I've shot dragon tails, I've knocked the forest covenant off ledges, I've had dragons breathe fire on enemies. If I discover anything that can be used in my advantage, I'm using it.

Soon I'm going to have an NPC kill the moonlight butterfly for me so that I can get Havel's ring even though I'm not supposed to be able to get it yet since I didn't pick the master key. I have no shame whatsoever when it comes to Dark Souls. For me, in Dark Souls, anything goes.

The only thing I don't do is disconnect when I get invaded. I usually end up meeting pretty nice people that bow and wave before they frontal backstab me mercilessly to death.

#154 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4285 posts) -
  • I've owned Resonance of Fate since it came out. I still haven't made it past the first boss.
  • I liked Dark Souls, but I found Demons Souls infinitely more enjoyable. Infinitely.
  • I love shitty JRPGs. Hyperdimension Neptunia? Fucking loved it. Cross Edge? I'll play it 100 times before I finish the Mass Effect trilogy. Trinity Edge? Fuck yeah.
  • I only play female characters in fighting games.
#155 Posted by Willin (1279 posts) -

I would classify Duke Nukem Forever as a 'good' game.

#156 Edited by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

@Trilogy said:

I used to play Dynasty Warriors.

A lot.

I did too. I didn't know it was something to be ashamed of until I started posting on the internet.

Fucking internet.

@Xymox said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

I also backtrack back to the last bonfire I used after I beat a boss in Dark Souls, rather than press on into the unknown with a shit-ton of souls.

There is no sinning in Dark Souls. And even if there was, that's the mildest thing I've ever heard anyone do.

Oh yeah? Well anytime I would lose a ludicrous amount of souls or humanity, I would shut off my PS3 at the risk of corrupting it just so the game wouldn't autosave. Essentially save scumming Dark Souls. Though this usually only occurs during long sessions when my patience and sanity has worn thing, it has happened enough times to be called many. I HAVE SINNED.

#157 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

I save-scummed all the time on xcom.

#158 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

I've used gamestops used *7 days and you can return it* program on a number of games. Publishers don't get any money from it. So abusing gamestops program is A'ok in my book.

Never played a fighting game online.

I have played Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire. And allowed someone to steal it from me. Such a terrible game.

#159 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -

@vikingdeath1 said:

I Really didn't enjoy Farcry 3.

Me too, loved Far Cry 2. But man, I could not get over the whole bro-thing with tribal tattoos shit in 3.

#160 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

I'm playing fire emblem on casual

#161 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -
#162 Edited by Lysander91 (7 posts) -

@bushpusherr said:

I own 248 games on steam. I've played 85 of them.

Steam games are like Pokemon. You gotta catch 'em all but only a few actually stay in your party.

My "sin" is also my backlog. I have about 100 games in my backlog, and those are just the ones that I would like to finish. I have tons of games from indie bundles that I will never even touch.

#163 Posted by Nadril (523 posts) -

Never realized people thought Quick Save/Quick Load was a bad thing. I use the hell out of both whenever a game has them. (To a point where I habitually hit "F5" every minute or so in a game with quick save).

#164 Posted by Fattony12000 (7049 posts) -

F5/F8 is the most powerful mechanic in all of video games.

#165 Posted by ViciousReiven (818 posts) -

I enjoy 'playing' Postal 2.

#166 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -
#167 Posted by JJOR64 (18908 posts) -

I never got the last Star in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

#168 Edited by fisher81 (535 posts) -

I've traded in a broken Xbox, broken controllers, broken guitar peripherals and broken microphones to Gamestop, straight up lying about my console's repair history (disc drive once and a red ring) to the manager, and have received over $200 in credit.

#169 Posted by Rekt_Hed (846 posts) -

I have spent as much time playing Halo 4 as I have Street Fighter IV.....which is to say 2 hours and I don't plan on ever playing those games again.

#170 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

@Stonyman65 said:

• I hate Zelda
  • I HATE Final Fantasy
  • I actually think Winback: Covert Operations is a good game
  • I thought Postal 2 was awesome
  • I never beat Goldeneye without cheats
  • I never beat GTA III or GTA IV
  • I thoroughly enjoyed Rumble Roses

I CAST THEE OUT!

#171 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

@Superfriend said:

@Stonyman65 said:

• I hate Zelda
  • I HATE Final Fantasy
  • I actually think Winback: Covert Operations is a good game
  • I thought Postal 2 was awesome
  • I never beat Goldeneye without cheats
  • I never beat GTA III or GTA IV
  • I thoroughly enjoyed Rumble Roses

I CAST THEE OUT!

I know! I'm a horrible person.

#172 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

I used God mode for a good portion of the original Half-Life the first time I played through it.... *sigh*

#173 Posted by AndrewB (7491 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

I couldn't help it. It's kind of hard to avoid looking at the other side of a screen; especially growing up with friends who all had teeny TVs to begin with.

Uhm... I guess mine would be the save thing. I mean, even in Ironman X-Com, I've ended task on the game (obviously PC version) because I was BSed so bad.

I actually find myself using social espionage to my advantage in multiplayer games. Strike up a conversation as distraction or even start talking about general game strategy stuff (especially if it's with a friend) to tweak my strategy. I'm not sure if that's considered cheating or just part of the game, really. It makes sense in Civ, and it's kind of satisfying too.

#174 Posted by smokeyd123 (324 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

• I've owned Resonance of Fate since it came out. I still haven't made it past the first boss.
  • I liked Dark Souls, but I found Demons Souls infinitely more enjoyable. Infinitely.
  • I love shitty JRPGs. Hyperdimension Neptunia? Fucking loved it. Cross Edge? I'll play it 100 times before I finish the Mass Effect trilogy. Trinity Edge? Fuck yeah.
  • I only play female characters in fighting games.

Are... are you me? (Sans the Demons Souls>Dark Souls)

@Trilogy said:

I used to play Dynasty Warriors.

A lot.

I FUCKING LOVE DYNASTY WARRIORS. That co-op is just so good for no reason whatsoever.

#175 Posted by NewDust (82 posts) -

I own a CD-I.... there you have it.

I even have played all the zelda (or LINK as you will) games and Hotel Mario.

And there are some games on it that I do not consider bad, actually kinda great, as Lost Eden (together with Journey at the top of best Gaming soundtracks) , The Apprentice, Lucky Luke: The Video Game and some few others.

#176 Posted by Dunchad (471 posts) -

...I've never finished a FPS campaign without cheats. And I have never played any modern military shooters.

#177 Posted by Emoney244 (153 posts) -

I own every main series Final Fantasy and only beat one...

All but two of my Dreamcast games are burned... Sorry Sega.

#178 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -
  • I have a sealed copy of Perfect Dark: Zero.
  • I saved-scummed in Phoenix Wright.
  • I own all the Doom novels.
  • I used a Boggle solver for some of the boss fights in Bookworm Adventures.
  • The first thing I do when playing a game is look at the achievements/trophies. (where applicable)
  • I S-Ranked The Godfather 2.

@supermonkey122 said:

This, and about half of my Dreamcast games are burned.

All of my Dreamcast games are burned except for: ChuChu Rocket, Jimmy Whites's Cueball and Sonic Shuffle. (one of these games is not like the others)

EDIT: Oh and I totally bought guides for the following games:

• Need for Speed: Carbon
  • Assassin's Creed 1
  • Pokémon Emerald
  • Sim City Societies
  • Gran Turismo 4

The reason? Sometimes I'm stupid with money.

#179 Posted by TheLegendOfMart (239 posts) -

Other than Mass Effect Trilogy I use trainers in every PC game I play.

#180 Posted by SimplyCheese (38 posts) -
  • I save scummed all of Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton games (I hate losing those hint coins)
  • I won a bid on Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons on eBay, forgot to pay and it still arrived in mail (it was only couple of bucks, but still bums me out every time I think about it)
  • never finished any GTA game
  • boosted my achievements score by abominations like King Kong and CSI games (no Hannah Montana, there are still some limits)
  • my backlog is almost 100 and yet I still buy new games with knowledge that I won't probably play them

Phew, that felt good!

#181 Posted by Pop (2605 posts) -

I've never finished a Zelda game and I never played Zelda as a kid.

#182 Edited by MrCaptain (364 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

I beat San Andreas by reloading after every death so as not to lose my weapons. My total Hospital Visits statistic for 70 hours of gameplay is only about 5.

Oh man, I did this i all GTA games I had zerop death so everytime i died the "you are dead" tutorial popped up. even long after completing the game.

It felt less cheating than the get all guns cheats.

#183 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

I have about 200 games on steam and probably 150 in plastic wrap that I never played or opened.

#184 Posted by Picsl (201 posts) -

I have never finished a Zelda game... And I've played most of them.

#185 Posted by Goney (21 posts) -

The only Final Fantasy game I've beaten is FFXII (if you don't count Tactics Advance).

#186 Posted by kagato (895 posts) -

- I rented games like King Kong and Avatar to boost my gaming score so my brother wouldnt overtake me.

- I have literally hundreds of PS1, Saturn, N64 and Dreamcast games ive never played

- My Steam collection is nearly 300 games and ive only played around 30 of them

- Ive never finished a GTA game, they always get really boring at the end

#187 Posted by LackingSaint (1771 posts) -

I have never enjoyed a JRPG.

#188 Posted by MocBucket62 (1153 posts) -
  • I've done some save-scumming on XCOM Enemy Unknown.
  • I've never beaten a Zelda game.
  • I never went on to go deep into Metroid Prime to beat it.
  • As much as I love Rome Total War, I've never beaten its campaign nor have I completed any Total War campaign.
#189 Posted by doosmacleod (186 posts) -

Until the release of StarCraft II, I used to playthrough and beat SC/BW on a yearly basis.

I have never finished SC/BW without using cheats.

#190 Posted by hermes (1376 posts) -
#191 Posted by Village_Guy (2492 posts) -

I dont like Zelda games or 3D Mario games very much.

#192 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

glad to see I'm not the only one who's used cheats to beat games.

I used God Mode to beat the last level of SWAT 4.

I also had to use cheats to get better weapons in one of the last sections of System Shock 2.