#1 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

Do you guys remember Time Trotters.  It was a pretty cool show featuring Jeff, Ryan, and Rich.  It looks like the artist is doing stuff for the site.  Anyway here is the one and only episode of Time Trotters.  It was actually really cool.  Similar to 1up's Broken Pixels.

#2 Posted by McPlated (133 posts) -

Damn right I remember Time Trotters

I also remember that there was always talk of a new Time Trotters - too bad nothing came of it

#3 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

lol yep sure does look the same style

#4 Posted by AndrewGPM (117 posts) -

I believe that Jeff said that CNET (gamespot) owns the copyright to Timetrotters so it will never truly comeback.
Its a shame though. I loved the Rich character and when the put their arms together to make the logo. Funny stuff.

#5 Posted by piecat (384 posts) -

Oh man, I totally want a new TimeTrotters, even if it has to use a new name.

#6 Posted by MisoRonery (470 posts) -

Thank you for showing me this.  Somehow I missed it, and this is video gold.

#7 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I remember watchin that when it came out.
Time Trotters was funny, but the longer you watch it the lamer it gets. The first five minutes is GREAT.

I don't think it is the same artist.

#8 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

(Sigh) I miss Rich........

#9 Edited by Bradtron (34 posts) -
I_smell said:
"I remember watchin that when it came out.
Time Trotters was funny, but the longer you watch it the lamer it gets. The first five minutes is GREAT.

I don't think it is the same artist.
Are you kidding ... Time Trotters was amazing.  I could never get sick of animated Jeff and Ryan.  MORE TIME TROTTERS.
#10 Posted by MikeydCT (572 posts) -

We will never find out the answers

#11 Posted by whipple (23 posts) -

I think it was Rich's college buddy that did the art style. I forget his name but the vid is full of awesome.

#12 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -
AndrewGPM said:
"I believe that Jeff said that CNET (gamespot) owns the copyright to Timetrotters so it will never truly comeback.
Its a shame though. I loved the Rich character and when the put their arms together to make the logo. Funny stuff.
"
Thats the saddest news I've heard all day. 
#13 Edited by namster (132 posts) -

omg i remember this
i always thought the idea of the series was awesome
im sure GB can find a way to just create a whole new series on the same premise to avoid the copyright issues

#14 Posted by KEITH1437 (276 posts) -

Man, I miss Rich. It was a sad day when he left.

#15 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -

Yeah, I remember it saw during E3 07 I believe really enjoyed it and wondered if there were other episodes looks like that has been answered though.

#16 Posted by Paradigmer (258 posts) -

Such a novel concept!

#17 Posted by MattBodega (1907 posts) -

It's more than just Cnet owning the right's to Time Trotters. Since CBS recently picked up CNET, now CBS owns the valuable "Time Trotters" property.
Hopes for a saturday morning Time Trotters cartoon aside, I'm afraid that's one show that was killed well before it's peak.
Poor one out for Mr. Games 1X.

#18 Posted by TheIneffableBob (243 posts) -

Rich should join Giant Bomb!
Maybe not as an employee, but maybe as a contributor or something.

#19 Posted by urbaninja (55 posts) -

Damn intellectual property! This series had real potential.

#20 Posted by neilsquibb (15 posts) -

This website is using art simular to the trailer for the proposed animated Time Trotters serise. Hope?

#21 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -
#22 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

It was painfully unfunny until the actual review started. Also painfully unfunny post-review.

#23 Posted by bulletclip6 (131 posts) -
#24 Edited by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Man, I really hate to say this...

...but HOW STONED were you guys when you decided to put an Aquaman Rhino in the show?
#25 Posted by GiantGUS (399 posts) -

To the people asking about the art: Yes, Ben Coello did the art (and animation, I believe) for Time Trotters and he is the same guy that drew all the staff illustrations for Giant Bomb. He is also on that Robots VS. Wizards video with Rich. He was Rich's roomate in college and they had the Ben and Rich show.

#26 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

ah yes, that was pure gold. too bad for its bitter beginning/end

#27 Posted by joey (987 posts) -

I dont remember the animated one, I only remember this one:

#28 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

Sadly, the one thing that sticks with me about Time Trotters is Rich Gallup's total inability to act. Seriously, he can't seem to stop smiling. I love the guy, but man! Not a good hard-boiled police chief.