#1 Posted by LucidDreams117 (375 posts) -

So it's nearly 11 pm here on the east coast. California is 3 hours behind. The Live stream on Dave showing off the website was supposed to start at 8... I assumed that was west coast time, so math would tell me, 11 is when I should have tuned in. Guess not because when I clicked on the LIVE link, this show was just ending. But tomorrows BIg Live Show is going to start at 10 PM. And Ryan keeps saying 10 too so clearly the website is not accounting for for different time zones. So did I miss something? Can someone [please tell me whats up?

Thanks, Yianni :)

#2 Posted by MikkaQ (10263 posts) -

If you read the front page with all the info for upcoming content and live shows, it's adjusted for your time zone.

#3 Edited by BisonHero (6051 posts) -

@LucidDreams117: Thanks to the magic of technology, the site knows what time zone you're in, and adjusts the "coming up" start times to whatever the appropriate time is in your time zone.

So yes, when you saw it say 8 o'clock, the stream did indeed start sometime close to 8:00 in your time zone.

EDIT: To the best of my knowledge, the Big Live Live Show starts at 10AM Pacific, 1PM Eastern. I can't imagine that the site is telling you it starts at 10PM, unless you live significantly outside of North America.

#4 Edited by Akyho (1584 posts) -

Yup, I live in the UK and the Dave showcase was 1am for me.

Also the Big live show tomorrow is 6pm to me. I think you mean it is 10am in California and....you are 1pm?

#5 Edited by LucidDreams117 (375 posts) -

Okay, then why does it say 10 am for the LIVE show tomorrow?? If it is so magical, then shouldn't it say 1 pm?

Scratch that. It now says 1pm. Sorry guys , I could have sworn its been say 10 am for a while now. My bad.

#6 Posted by BisonHero (6051 posts) -

@LucidDreams117 said:

Okay, then why does it say 10 am for the LIVE show tomorrow?? If it is so magical, then shouldn't it say 1 pm?

It should say 1PM. Are your sure your computer clock is in the right time zone? Is your computer set to Pacific time, but you've manually corrected it so your computer is confused as fuck? I live near Toronto, and here is what the front page looks like:

Also, note that there is a countdown timer in the middle left on the Big Live Live Show that should make it absolutely clear when the show starts.

#7 Posted by LucidDreams117 (375 posts) -

On a slightly different topic, do they normally archive LIVE shows besides TNT like the Big one tomorrow? With work tomorrow, i won't be able to tune in, sadly :(

#8 Edited by Zithe (1045 posts) -

@LucidDreams117: The stream wasn't crazy long if it makes you feel any better. Even though it was originally supposed to start at 8 eastern, it got pushed back 2 hours and actually started at 10:00 PM your time.

#9 Posted by Boboblaw (269 posts) -
@LucidDreams117: They archived the last BLLSL so you'd expect they'd do the same here, if not you can catch it in parts on twitch.
#10 Posted by damswedon (3173 posts) -

@LucidDreams117: If you mean the preview then

Guys, there won't be a need for an archive. We'll be showing stuff off all day tomorrow.

— Dave Snider (@enemykite) September 14, 2012
#11 Posted by LucidDreams117 (375 posts) -

@Boboblaw: alright, cool. Thanks guys. Pardon my fuck up.

#12 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -
@LucidDreams117 said:

On a slightly different topic, do they normally archive LIVE shows besides TNT like the Big one tomorrow? With work tomorrow, i won't be able to tune in, sadly :(

Yes. Case in point- this is last years: 

Part 1 
Part 2 
Part 3