TimeSplitters Rewind is confirmed for PS4 No X1 Version.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

I found this article on Polygon and it got me really excited.

No Caption Provided

UPDATE

It has been confirmed that crytek has given its blessings for this project to continue. It seems the game is a greatest hits version which will have many maps from the 3 games. A cool feature to note that the PS4 and PC will have cross play. Due to Microsoft`s strict policy on Cross Platform Play we might not see this come out for X1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"TimeSplitters Rewind, a collection of maps, weapons and characters from the three previous TimeSplitters titles in the series, is in development for PlayStation 4 systems by a team of around 35 part-time developers, project lead Michael Hubricka told CinemaBlend.

However, this doesn't mean the multiplayer title, which is powered by CryEngine 3, will necessary make it to retail. According to Hubricka, the development team is working to obtain approval from Crytek's legal department in order to release the game on Sony's console.

"We're actually going to go ahead and start development [of Timesplitters Rewind] on PlayStation 4. Just because we're pretty confident Crytek's going to say go ahead and do it. But we don't want them saying go ahead and do it when we're caught with our pants down and we're like halfway through development and [then] start something for the PlayStation 4," he said.

"So we decided that since they released the SDK to allow us to do this, we're going to go ahead and do it ourselves, and when they say 'yes' or 'no' we can decide what to do with that. For now we're just going to go ahead and do it. So at least we're prepared".

A playable alpha is slated for release later in the year. According to Hubicka, they team is roughly 20 percent done with the game, but plans on releasing playable parts as they become available, with characters, maps and weapons scheduled to arrive later on."

It is pretty ballsy for the team to just develop this game for the PS4. as Shaun McIlroy said in the top comment it can go two ways

Crytek can wait, do nothing and see what the audience reaction is now at announcement and at every subsequent reveal. If the hype keeps up then yeah, it might just work.

Or they can just shut this down later today.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

YES! I mean this game if like the old aren't relevant to me today, but still *YES!! So many good memories.. <3

...and now we play the waiting game. Hopefully Crytek won't pull a Nintendo or Hasbro.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SamStrife

A multiplayer Timesplitters combining every great weapon/map/character/mode from the original 3 games is a day one purchase for me.

Virus mode for life.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty rad. Timesplitters 2 is one of my favorite games ever. I remember hearing about this project, but at that point they said they were just gonna release it on PC. It'd be pretty cool if it came to PS4 as well.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Crytek better let them do this. It's for their own good.

I will buy the shit out of this when it comes out. I would kill for a TS4, but if this is all we can get for now, I will gladly take it.

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dude, yes. Cmon.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

When I read the headline, I though it said Time Killers and was losing my faith in humanity. Thankfully I just read it too quickly

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVE Timesplitters, so this is good news all around! I just hope it's out soon enough.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@jimmyfenix: I sure hope they can REWIND back in time to when TimeSplitters was a relevant franchise HEH HEH HEH

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's all well and good, but why just PS4? Why not PC and/or XB1?

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

It was originally announced for PC months ago, so I assume (hope) they're still making that version.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By GreggD

@missacre said:

@greggd said:

It was originally announced for PC months ago, so I assume (hope) they're still making that version.

Yeah, here's hoping.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good thing they're only using Crytek's engine and not Crytek themselves. They're horrible at making games, but good at making engines.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I have a better idea: just make a whole new game. If I want the first three games, I'll go buy the first three games and plug up my PlayStation 2. Actually, my PS2 IS currently hooked up, as I was playing Disgaea the other night. Fucking cool. I'm going to go hunt down the first three Timesplitters.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sold.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kotaku Story

Looks like Crytek has given the PS4 version their blessing. And they say it'll have cross-platform play between the PS4 and PC, which is cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b
deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is wonderfull news. For a moment, timesplitters 2, was the only game i played. So great.

Can't wait to play:)

Sorry, i'm all hyped now..

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jimmyfenix

@e30bmw said:

Kotaku Story

Looks like Crytek has given the PS4 version their blessing. And they say it'll have cross-platform play between the PS4 and PC, which is cool.

Added to the OP. Thats pretty cool but we might not see this on the X1 due to Microsofts Strict policy on Cross platform play.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Well +1 for the PS4 then.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: or it might just come out on X1 without cross platform.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@5figh: Maybe but here was what the developers said "An Xbox One version is unlikely, however - due to Microsoft's reticence to allow cross-platform play. If Microsoft will get in touch with me about how the distribution for indie developers works and it's something we can do, sure," Hubicka wrote. "But we'd really want to push for cross-platform play. It would be nice, but I highly doubt it. If Microsoft won't let AAA developers do it (for the most part) then I doubt they'll let us do it." It would be great if they could release it for the X1.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Istealdreams

Timesplitters is THE most fun local co-op multiplayer fps game ever. Cannot be happier about this news!