• 78 results
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Today I had a pretty big fight with my sister. I was busy posting a thread on a different website, she was annoying me to get off so she could use it for a few minutes. It moved onto the whole, "That's all you sit there and do all day." Which lead to me swearing at her (trust me, she's a bitch) and then going to my room where the verbal fight ensued. I declare that at least I'm going to college and she responds with telling me that games are not a real career. It seems like a pretty weak argument, but a majority of it was cussing.

Now this isn't the first time I've had this happen. Often times my Dad mocks me, as well as my sister, for playing video games all day. My sister insists I'll find a virtual girlfriend, and my Dad imitates himself typing on a keyboard and acting mentally retarded. Of course my Dad also does this sometimes at family events (e.g. Christmas, Thanksgiving) so now I rarely even visit any family other than my immediate one.

It's a sad thing to be mocked by anyone, no less your family. I'm sick and tired of people thinking gamers are idiots, unintelligent, fat, nerds, and so on. Despite the spreading popularity of the medium, people insist on putting it down if they don't understand it. What needs to be done?

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Wow I hate your family. They suck. What needs to be done? Don't talk to them or just say shit back talking about how they are morons.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

They sound like jerks, no offense.  People are uneducated about gaming, they think super mario jumping on mushrooms is as deep as it goes.  I just never talk about video games or computers when I'm around non-gamers.

jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jonb1

wow, thats some pretty brutal ownage. Maybe you should take their advice though. Playing games all day is not cool.

Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hdfisise

Imitate what your dad does whenever you see him back. Also if your parents don;t want to put any interest in your life then don't pay any interest to theirs/ I would like get out of there as soon as possible and only visit at crucial moments :\

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zitosilva

That sucks dude. But I don't think that avoiding them completely will change anything. You probably already tried this, but talking seems to be the best alternative. Try to show them how videogames are not child play anymore. If how serious of a business is all that they care about, than show them how profitable the market currently is for the industry or something like that. I think it's your best alternative.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hexpane

"At least I'm going to college" is the best reply.  Although I worry about your contentious relationship w/ your sister, and why isn't she also going to college.  Your dad's actions  raise a few red flags.

On another note, sharing a P.C. is indeed annoying at times.  But it's also a good reason to take a break from gaming/working when someone else needs to check their email or YIM or whatever.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Make fun of something they do. Nothing wrong with playing video games all day. Thats a day well spent. If I ever met your sister or dad and they made fun of me I would falcon paunch both in the face hard. Seriously. Don't take that shit. They deserve it and clearly your sister makes fun of you cause she has no friends. Dont be afraid to use this.

jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jonb1

HOw can you guys defend this? lol

Im sorry, but a social life is crucial. Playing games all day is cool if you are sick.....but when your own father is making fun of you....lmfao

He is probably like the goth kid in wedding crashers, lulz

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shadows_kill
if i where you i just wouldnt take there crap. its also mainly cause you have different intrests......just ask them to stop?  (even tho i got a annoying sis and i know how they can be)

Vinchenzo said:
" I declare that at least I'm going to college and she responds with telling me that games are not a real career. "
just wondering are you going to help make games etc.?
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MasturbatingBear
Hexpane said:
""At least I'm going to college" is the best reply.  Although I worry about your contentious relationship w/ your sister, and why isn't she also going to college.  Your dad's actions  raise a few red flags.

On another note, sharing a P.C. is indeed annoying at times.  But it's also a good reason to take a break from gaming/working when someone else needs to check their email or YIM or whatever."
Lol about your sister comeback. What if shes a younger sister whos like 10? And she really did go to college? That wouldnt work! Shes a genius. But talking to them seriously wont seem to work. People this idiotic need to have something bad done to them.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, people heave shit about video games all the time at my school.

Nobody would ever suspect that I play video games, until I usually make them look like douchebags about it.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MasturbatingBear
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Yeah, people heave shit about video games all the time at my school.

Nobody would ever suspect that I play video games, until I usually make them look like douchebags about it."
At my School most kids play games and seriously I don't know one person that doesn't own a 360 or a wii. Obviously its rare to see people that play the less casual gamer popular games (I just mean that not many non gamers know of it compared to something like halo or guitar hero) like zelda, or final fantasy.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MasturbatingBear
jonb1 said:
"HOw can you guys defend this? lol

Im sorry, but a social life is crucial. Playing games all day is cool if you are sick.....but when your own father is making fun of you....lmfao

He is probably like the goth kid in wedding crashers, lulz"
Uh You do realize your on a game sight? Also who said he does play games all day. He said his family made fun of him for it, didn't say he actually did it. I know for a fact if my family sees me playing games for about 2 hours they say all day. Like most people. Even if he does play games all day, what if its just for 1 day? You dont know much about being social do you?
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TheGamerGeek

The same happens to me constantly at school and with my Dad, luckily my Mom and Brother believe in me for hopefully getting  a nice career in Video Games but still, I'm tired of this same stuff, man. And, I also nearly never visit my family unless I have to also, it's just annoying having people that should be so supportive of what you want to do in life, treat you like your 4-years old and know nothing about "real life".

But still, you should know that everybody here knows that you, among other people, can easily break into the gaming buisness. Your write some damn good reviews and, if you really want to, there's no doubt in my mind you'd get a nice editorial job somewhere.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I got an idea to get back at your family for the virtual gf thing. Get a friend of yours thats a girl to pretend to be your gf and dress like a prostitute, bring her round to dinner and tell your sister shes right so you decided to pay for some action. They will feel so bad.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

Vinchenzo...punch her in the face.  That's what I'd do.

Your buddy,
jakob187
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MasturbatingBear
jonb1 said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"jonb1 said:
"HOw can you guys defend this? lol

He is probably like the goth kid in wedding crashers, lulz"
Uh You do realize your on a game sight? Also who said he does play games all day. He said his family made fun of him for it, didn't say he actually did it. I know for a fact if my family sees me playing games for about 2 hours they say all day. Like most people. Even if he does play games all day, what if its just for 1 day? You dont know much about being social do you?"
Its site. He clearly says he plays games all day. His family says stuff about him that he doesnt do? OK. Its obvious you are in the same boat as him and are defending your fellow baby gaffer strictly because im not in your shoddy little bomb click. LMFAO. I dont know much about being social? You wear GB shirts out in public......that goes to show, you are going anywhere fancy....and your entourage if probably made of of WoW playing geeks. GG"
Wow. I apologize for spelling site wrong. No idea how I could have done that. my bad. When did I say I wear gb shirts in public? Also I don't play wow. Im saying it could be an exaggeration if you listened yo my example and maybe he didn't literally play for a full 24 hours. Again baby gaffer wtf? How am I in the same boat?
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I like how you never answer my questions or reply to my actual main points of my post. Nice one!

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I like how you never answer my questions or reply to my actual main points of my post. Nice one!

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MasturbatingBear
jonb1 said:
"I did"
How so? this is the 2nd topic with me asking you whats wrong with wearing one in public and how did you get the idea that I own one? Also Jakob187 has got the idea. Gtfo the site.
Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Woffls

Don't worry, next ten years and we'll have the majority of the power, then we can tell our kids they shouldn't be using VR and mind interfaces.

Honestly, your dad sounds like he needs a reality check, show him how big this industry is, show him how much faster it's growing than almost any other industry. And when you're done you shout "GODDAMMIT DADDY! You know I love you. But you've got a HELL OF A LOT to learn about video games".

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
jonb1 said:
"jakob187 said:
"jonb1 said:
"Playing games all day is cool if you are sick.....but when your own father is making fun of you....lmfao"
.........and yet people make a living playing games all day.  The "Giant Bomb" logo in the top left hand corner of every page should be proof enough of that.

Also, you apparently don't like gamer culture and/or gaming as a whole given your statements.  SO....

The doors out of our forums >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gtfo

"
Please, have you seen the living conditions of the people that run this site? lmfao. After Jeff got canned from GS, he aint makin no kind of money. Are you telling me you want to grow up to be like Jeff G? God, set the bar low, huh?

And you act like this is a forum full of future gaming developers LMFAO. Thats so far from reality and you know it. Most of the kids here are fat 15 year old sucking the dorito stains off of thier analog sticks. Get real."
Dude, just leave.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
jonb1 said:
"Most of the kids here are fat 15 year old sucking the dorito stains off of thier analog sticks. Get real."
As compared to someone who lives by Gabriel's Internet Dickwad Theory?  Yeah, I'm sure things must be on the real up-and-up for you, Joe Buck.  And yes, by all means...you can Wikipedia Joe Buck.  I can wait...
jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jonb1
TheGTAvaccine said:
"jonb1 said:
"jakob187 said:
"jonb1 said:
"Playing games all day is cool if you are sick.....but when your own father is making fun of you....lmfao"
.........and yet people make a living playing games all day.  The "Giant Bomb" logo in the top left hand corner of every page should be proof enough of that.

Also, you apparently don't like gamer culture and/or gaming as a whole given your statements.  SO....

"
Please, have you seen the living conditions of the people that run this site? lmfao. After Jeff got canned from GS, he aint makin no kind of money. Are you telling me you want to grow up to be like Jeff G? God, set the bar low, huh?

And you act like this is a forum full of future gaming developers LMFAO. Thats so far from reality and you know it. Most of the kids here are fat 15 year old sucking the dorito stains off of thier analog sticks. Get real."
Dude, just leave."
When i feel like it.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MasturbatingBear
jonb1 said:
"jakob187 said:
"jonb1 said:

"

If you hate Jeff so much why come to the site? Also you do realize you are 15 years old right? Jeff got fired, what does that have to do with how much money he makes? He clearly had enough to not work for months and have the resources to make a whole new office to make an entirely new site. While still spending hella money on games. So id say he does slightly better than your mom does on the street corners.
dualityofman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dualityofman

Wait a minute is this for real? No offense, but that seems kinda ridiculous that someone's father would imitate their son like that.  My guess is that you just posted it with all the anger from the argument still there and this isn't completely accurate.

But if you do in fact play games all day, then you are not proving them anything wrong about stereotypes.  Of course we all love games here, and far be it from me to call anybody a nerd,  but we all have other interests too.  If this is an accurate post, then your family is completely wrong in ridiculing you, but we don't know anything else about your situation. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187
dualityofman said:
"My guess is that you just posted it with all the anger from the argument still there and this isn't completely accurate."
Personally, I can say that Vinchenzo does not fit the gamer stereotype from what I know about the dood.  He also seems intelligent and logical enough that the form of treatment he received is from people that are clearly in different worlds and generations than him.
*EDIT*  Oh, oh, this is too good.  Has anyone actually BEEN to jon's profile page yet?  This dood is a joke!!!  I'm sorry, but you seriously have to be kidding with the kind of shit you are saying, dood.

GTFO of the forums. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jonb1
MasturbatingBear said:
"jonb1 said:
"jakob187 said:
"jonb1 said:

"

If you hate Jeff so much why come to the site? Also you do realize you are 15 years old right? Jeff got fired, what does that have to do with how much money he makes? He clearly had enough to not work for months and have the resources to make a whole new office to make an entirely new site. While still spending hella money on games. So id say he does slightly better than your mom does on the street corners."
I dont dislike Jeff. Well, he ulled some shoddy stuff back in the GS lithium days...but all is forgiven. And what do forums have to do with Jeff anyway? Im 27. YOu lose you job, you lose your income...commen sense. You think he makes as much money here...as he did at GS? LMFAOLMFAO. Good mom comeback. HAHA:D It was truly e-original.
Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Woffls

Of course he doesn't play games ALL day. I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he just plays them where his parents, for example, might watch TV. What he's referring to, I assume, is the perception of his parents being that all he does is play games and they frequently say "oh all you do is play on those damn computers!". My parents say this if I have been playing games for two fucking hours sometimes.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187
jonb1 said:
"I dont dislike Jeff. Well, he ulled some shoddy stuff back in the GS lithium days...but all is forgiven. And what do forums have to do with Jeff anyway? Im 27. YOu lose you job, you lose your income...commen sense. You think he makes as much money here...as he did at GS? LMFAOLMFAO. Good mom comeback. HAHA:D It was truly e-original."
27 and look like you're 15?
What is truly e-original is how hard I laugh at your profile, Joe Buck.
jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jonb1
jakob187 said:
"dualityofman said:
"My guess is that you just posted it with all the anger from the argument still there and this isn't completely accurate."
Personally, I can say that Vinchenzo does not fit the gamer stereotype from what I know about the dood.  He also seems intelligent and logical enough that the form of treatment he received is from people that are clearly in different worlds and generations than him.
*EDIT*  Oh, oh, this is too good.  Has anyone actually BEEN to jon's profile page yet?  This dood is a joke!!!  I'm sorry, but you seriously have to be kidding with the kind of shit you are saying, dood.

GTFO of the forums. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"
No dood, no dood :xzibit:
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jakob187
Vinchenzo, I'm sorry this shit has to end up happening in your blog, bro.  Douches will be douches.

jonb1
said:
"No dood, no dood :xzibit:"
Xhibit A: this much bigger, and your e-peen might be worth something around here.
Xhibit A: this much bigger, and your e-peen might be worth something around here.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MasturbatingBear
jonb1 said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"jonb1 said:
"jakob187 said:
"jonb1 said:

"

If you hate Jeff so much why come to the site? Also you do realize you are 15 years old right? Jeff got fired, what does that have to do with how much money he makes? He clearly had enough to not work for months and have the resources to make a whole new office to make an entirely new site. While still spending hella money on games. So id say he does slightly better than your mom does on the street corners."
I dont dislike Jeff. Well, he ulled some shoddy stuff back in the GS lithium days...but all is forgiven. And what do forums have to do with Jeff anyway? Im 27. YOu lose you job, you lose your income...commen sense. You think he makes as much money here...as he did at GS? LMFAOLMFAO. Good mom comeback. HAHA:D It was truly e-original."
You realize you brought up Jeff and spell worse than a 10 year old? Also you are not 27 judging by the pic of you.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Endogene

He is gone with the wind.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By ThomasP
MasturbatingBear said:
"jonb1 said:
"jakob187 said:
"jonb1 said:

"

That's a burn. Yeah dude, Jeff has done really well for himself. He has his own website and a great job.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jakob187
Endogene said:
"He is gone with the wind."
I think this clearly states that the bash fest can now end and we can get back to normal life in the GB forums.  So, bringing it back onto topic:

Vinchenzo, punch your sister in the face.  That's what I'd do.

Your buddy,
jakob187
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ThomasP
Endogene said:
"He is gone with the wind."
Woot. That guy was a troll.

An exposed troll, kids. Beware of its ugliness.
An exposed troll, kids. Beware of its ugliness.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MasturbatingBear
ThomasP said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"jonb1 said:
"jakob187 said:
"jonb1 said:

"

That's a burn. Yeah dude, Jeff has done really well for himself. He has his own website and a great job."
thanks for backing the  Jeff statement up. Now about your sister. Again agreed with jakob. Punch her.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By breadfan

Just throw whatever your sister does back in her face, I'm sure from what you said that she doesn't do anything worthwhile with her own life if she isnt going to college.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jakob187
Br3adfan said:
"Just throw whatever your sister does back in her face, I'm sure from what you said that she doesn't do anything worthwhile with her own life if she isnt going to college."
That's a damn fine point, also.  I mean, seriously, what the hell does your dad do that's so good in his life to make fun of yours...especially if he's able to sit around the house, imitate typing on a keyboard, and acting mentally retarded?!  What does your sister do that's any better than what you do?
Fuck all dat bullshit, son!  Lay dat shit down on 'em.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MasturbatingBear
Br3adfan said:
"Just throw whatever your sister does back in her face, I'm sure from what you said that she doesn't do anything worthwhile with her own life if she isnt going to college."
OH, did he actually say she was not going to college? I just thought he said he was going to college so he could get the fuck away from her. I mean, are they even around the same age? Plus you can do some worthwhile stuff without going to college, such as start a site called GiantBomb.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ThomasP

Yeah dude. Family can be a little judgmental sometimes. As you get older you realize people are stuck in their ways and chances are your dad will always joke like that. I know it's just jokes but they always carry an underline message, his being he thinks your wasting yoru time. However, it is my conclusion that technology is one of the sound studies that humans should move forward in so you should be happy of the career paths you have chosen... especially if it is what YOU want to do.

Punch your sister... and good luck dude.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jakob187
MasturbatingBear said:
"Br3adfan said:
OH, did he actually say she was not going to college? I just thought he said he was going to college so he could get the fuck away from her. I mean, are they even around the same age? Plus you can do some worthwhile stuff without going to college, such as start a site called GiantBomb."
You are definite that none of the GB crew went to college at all?
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By Optiow

That is like my family.
My mum says I should throw my games in the bin, my sister goes onto my accounts on GS and here and insults people. She scratches my disks...
Man I feel your pain.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MasturbatingBear
jakob187 said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Br3adfan said:
OH, did he actually say she was not going to college? I just thought he said he was going to college so he could get the fuck away from her. I mean, are they even around the same age? Plus you can do some worthwhile stuff without going to college, such as start a site called GiantBomb."
You are definite that none of the GB crew went to college at all?"
No no, all I know is that Jeff didn't I read it on his myspace. Not sure bout the others.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#47  Edited By Vinchenzo

Wow I went to La Hacienda and come back to this. Anyway, as for what I plan to do in college I actually start tomorrow. Major in Media Arts & Animation, which will be changed to Game Art & Design once I get some pictures done and can change. Also, whatever the troll was saying, in my defense I think online features are enough these days that you can be social still. I am always in a party talking to my friends.

I'll punch my sister when the time comes. Also, yes my Dad does do that but not as much as you might figure from what I said.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Optiow
Vinchenzo said:
"Wow I went to La Hacienda and come back to this. Anyway, as for what I plan to do in college I actually start tomorrow. Major in Media Arts & Animation, which will be changed to Game Art & Design once I get some pictures done and can change. Also, whatever the troll was saying, in my defense I think online features are enough these days that you can be social still. I am always in a party talking to my friends.

I'll punch my sister when the time comes. Also, yes my Dad does do that but not as much as you might figure from what I said."
You do that!
I will punch mine as well!
she has cost me a fortune in game repairs.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Tell her you were upstairs in your room talking to your MasturbatingBear and THEN punch her. She will never forget this. Make sure you tell her MasturbatingBear said for me to give you this.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#50  Edited By Claude

I'm the biggest loser here. Hell, I'm 43, play games on three platforms and hang out on a website devoted to games.  At 9pm "east coast time" tonight, I have a tournament game for my Tiger Woods online league for the Wii, which is another website/forum I'm a member of.