Titanfall on ps4

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you think it will happen? I mean all the interviews with the developers and none of them say "no, it will only be on xbox" This has the potential to beat battlefield and cod. I think microsoft will do everything they can to maintain it an exclusive unless the game plays horribly and you become to overpowered in the mech.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@jeanespinosa21 said:

"no, it will only be on xbox"

Titanfall 2 on PS4, does not count as Titanfall on PS4. So, no.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

It will most likely be a about a year before it comes to PS4.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Giantstalker

Was there any word on a PC version at all? Because this was my personal game of show for E3 this year

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confident it will eventually come to the PS4 and that it's only a timed exclusive for XBOne.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Complete guess - I highly doubt it. Maybe the sequel will make it onto PS4 but I don't see why Respawn would spend time going back and doing a port. It seems purposeful that the development team is relatively small, so using resources to go back and work on their already released game on another platform when they can spend their time making their next game seems illogical.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Was there any word on a PC version at all? Because this was my personal game of show for E3 this year

Yeah, it's coming to PC.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If it does well i can see MS throwing money for it to stay Exclusive.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It's very possible it could. Anybody's guess really.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the only game that made me even the slightest bit interested in the Xbox One. Until I realized it was coming to PC. I'm sure it will come to PS4 eventually, though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I don't know.

Microsoft probably paid EA big bucks to keep this thing away from the PS4. I'd bet that staying on the Xbox One depends entirely on how much it makes. If Titanfall makes tons and tons and tons of money and MS thinks it's worth paying for to keep it exclusive, then you won't see it on the PS4.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's published by EA. I doubt they want more money.

Sarcasm aside, TitanFall in PS4 after the one year exclusivity deal ends.

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Although I don't see what the big deal is.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I don't know.

Microsoft probably paid EA big bucks to keep this thing away from the PS4. I'd bet that staying on the Xbox One depends entirely on how much it makes. If Titanfall makes tons and tons and tons of money and MS thinks it's worth paying for to keep it exclusive, then you won't see it on the PS4.

Well then Microsoft must not have thought very much of Mass Effect, as I still have my copy of the original with the "Only On Xbox" emblem, and I can now play the entire series on the PlaySation, including a game that was originally published by Microsoft itself.

Meanwhile, EA brought ME to the PlayStation after purchasing BioWare, and guess who is publishing Titanfall? It isn't Microsoft.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: yeah MS kinda dropped the ball with Bioware. They worked for them so long, that I thought for sure they would buy them.

I think Respawn said they own the IP so it could be possible that MS or EA will buy them out but I have a feeling they want to stay independent.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cloudnineboya

its the only trump card ms have so i sure it will not go to sony or call it game over:(

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jimbo

Yes. They wouldn't be so coy about it if it were nailed down as an X1 console exclusive.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If it is coming to pc.. this is already not an exclusive to me. Also a still am one of those people who thin a shooter on a console is crazy, especially one that seems so movement based that this.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yes. When depends on sales of the game before it comes to PS4 and what the PS4 install base looks like.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think it will, in fact, I think someone will leak info about the PS4 version mere weeks after the XBox One version launches.

So the question becomes, "Will the PS4 get it before 2015?"

I would have to say, "Nope!" That is unless Microsoft signed a very short exclusivity agreement by some blunder. But as soon as EA/Respawn can publish the game on PS4 they will do it. They will do it because Titanfall will come out some times in 2014, but Titanfall 2 won't be ready until Nov 2016. Both EA and Respawn will love to have some cash flow from that property in 2015, and PS4 will be perfect for that. There is zero reason to wait until Titanfall 2 because the port will be so clean and simple, they would be leaving cash on the table by not having a PS4 version.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MS gave EA $40 million for a year of console exclusivity to that 720p60fps Xbox One game.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think M$ is going to give up that advantage. It would be foolish to give up on a game that looks as awesome as Titanfall. As someone on the Sony side that game is the only good reason I can think of to buy an Xbox one.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think M$ is going to give up that advantage. It would be foolish to give up on a game that looks as awesome as Titanfall. As someone on the Sony side that game is the only good reason I can think of to buy an Xbox one.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

No, the PS4 is not powerful enough to run it.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shadows_kill

Not sure but I believe so just not at launch though. When announced they only said "First on Xbox" never said exclusively only on Xbox. There is a PC version and I'd say its likely PS4 will get it and if not Titanfall 2 for sure, it is coming from EA.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

who cares it's coming out on the PC.

But yeah, as soon as the timed exclusive is over they launch it on everything else that can run it.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By GERALTITUDE

If you remember the last console launch, you'll remember that MS' deep pockets kept a stranglehold on many, many excellent exclusives for a *long* time (sometimes forever) and I would expect the same to happen this time.

It's a cycle.

MS will spend a lot of money early on for exclusives (the very same time developers really need that exclusive new-hardware cashola) and then they will forget about games about 3-4 years in and just let Sony first-party run away with the critical glory while they sit on a massive pile of Halo, CoD (and maybe soon-to-be Titanfall) cash that just don't care.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By monkeyking1969

@acer51 said:

It depends of if EA/Respawn ever put exclusivity on that table to be bought? It is not foolish for MS to not have exclusivity when they were not offered a way to get it fully.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mellotronrules

taking the mass effect franchise as a precedent (an exclusive with ties to EA that eventually cut ties with microsoft) - if it's very successful, it'll come to ps4. maybe not immediately (a la ME2), but it'll come. respawn's ambitions seem to great to limit the release to a single platform, no matter how pervasive it may become. they'll follow the money, which will PROBABLY be distributed across several platforms.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Corvak

Nobody signs exclusive deals in perpetuity anymore, not unless they are wholly owned by a console maker, or the IP in question is owned by a console maker. I don't think Microsoft owns Respawn or the Titanfall IP.

I expect Titanfall to appear on PS4 eventually, within 1-2 years. Mass Effect is a good example here - and the only reason it was exclusive for so long was because it was a BioWare game published by MS, before EA completed its buyout. Titanfall is published entirely by EA, who have likely signed a timed exclusive deal in exchange for a lump sum payment. (the details of these deals are rarely disclosed to consumers, though sometimes indie devs will reveal the terms)

Titanfall will either be huge, or not end up being worth its price, should the community forget about it after a month or two. Being online only means the game lives or dies on its community.

Splitting the playerbase between PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One will only hurt the community in the end, if they don't do any cross-platform. (at the very least, I hope the two Xbox platforms are cross-platform) Currently, I see the PC version as being most promising, as it lacks a paywall for online play.