• 127 results
SneakyPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SneakyPickle

I loved everything that tnt used to be, multiplayer with the community on current titles, but ever since the revamped it or whatever it now blows. Watching the crew play old or new games together is great and all and im totally fine with that being premium content but it is not what tnt should be used for. I dont understand why they did this but breaking tnt and cancelling the happy hour is why I wont be renewing my premium membership. I know I might get some shit from the community for that but its what I really loved about the site. Any one else agree?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JasonR86

Yeah, it was awesome back before it got commercial man.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CptChiken

I dont understand why they arent doing comminity TNTs as much anymore, but hey! good content is good content... and its not like i could ever get in on playing with them in TNT that would involve me staying up CRAZY late.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Today's TNT was a bust.  It was funny to a point but really, it lacked the passion we've come to expect and Ryan really needed a crap.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SlightConfuse

i don't blame them for wanting to mix it up a bit, ive enjoyed the past few ones but that's your prerogative.

Also there have to been many decent MP games out(gears 3 is the only one that comes to mind. Wait for battlefield, MW3 and assassin creed for more community stuff

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dallas_Raines

The old format TNTs were usually only entertaining if they got the Tested guys on, or if they were playing something outrageous like Banjo. Just having Jeff and Ryan shooting/racing random dudes for two hours isn't very fun to watch.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deanoxd

i love Dave and Ryan but as soon as i saw kesller was on the show i turned it off. and come to think of it i haven't actually watched a TnT in weeks.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

Today's TNT seemed like they didn't really have anything planned. I sorta wish they'd just call it off if they didn't have a solid concept.

Participating in the chat is always a blast, though.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By ESREVER

TNT has always been a hit and miss for someone. I know I dozed off during last nights show.

Also, I think the community REALLY wants a TNT of Guardian Heroes VS mode. I know I do...

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Simplexity

I dunno man, watching Jeff play random FPS #395190515921 looking like he wants to commit suicide is not the most compelling viewing experience. I enjoyed Dead island and the Portal TNT's alot more since I come to this site to watch the crew not the community play games.

But hey, opinions right?

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Yanngc33

TNT was awesome before it got popular

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By TheHT
@Yanngc33 said:

TNT was awesome when it was a concept, but then they went and made it all real.
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a lot of games that they could play with the community that would be really good, but they don't seem to be too interested in anything anyone suggested (hell, that whole thread Jeff started was TEEMING with good ideas that they straight up ignored).

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

@President_Barackbar said:

There's a lot of games that they could play with the community that would be really good, but they don't seem to be too interested in anything anyone suggested (hell, that whole thread Jeff started was TEEMING with good ideas that they straight up ignored).

word, just fucking play Splinter Cell Double Agent already as per my suggestion...

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mcfart

They should only do TNT when there's a multiplayer release worth playing for 2 hours, such as BF3/MW3/GOW3 etc.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vinny_Says: You people are the problem. CHAOS THEORY 4 LIFE.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ElixirBronze

I don't understand why they had both Dave and Kessler playing yesterday, I mean they are both great, but they're not the GB cast which I come to this site for, just one out of the main crew would have been OK. Ryan is there yes, but the formula takes two from the crew to complete the chemistry.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By benpicko

The only TNTs I enjoy are the ones with Tested on.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deathstriker666

They seem to just throw in games and aren't thinking through whether or not if it makes for good entertainment. If no ones likes Heroes of Might and Magic, lets just play some SPAYCE MARINE! Ratchet and Clank, Gears of War 3, or hell even Arma 2 would've been much better choices for TNT.

Also, I feel that Daniel and Perry don't get enough shit for reading the fucking worst questions. I remember laughing my ass off after every time Kessler would be berated by Ryan even when he was asking genuinely good questions.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I never understood the logic behind not wanting to do community TNT's because there aren't any new multiplayer games out, there are hundreds of older games I'm sure everyone would enjoy watching and playing.

For instance, Age of Booty.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

I know the crew grew tired of FPSes on TNT, but it's weird having TNTs where the community isn't really involved, like the Portal 2 and Dead Island stuff - not saying I didn't like that content, but it didn't feel like TNT content.   

Despite the FPS fatigue, I hope we see some MW3 and BF3 TNTs in the future, and with AC:R, Ultimate MvC 3 and Uncharted 3 coming out, there's a good bunch of games they could have for TNT over the next month or so.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CptBedlam

I like how they're mixing it up.

Also, don't pretend like they don't have community TNTs at all now. Remember Trackmania? That wasn't too long ago... they're just mixing it up. And people loved the Dead Island TNT because it was them playing coop (trying to play coop).

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By meteora

They need to pull out some old ass game like Brood War to play.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@JasonR86 said:

Yeah, it was awesome back before it got commercial man.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hamz

I'd rather watch them play games with just whoever's in the office than not watch them play anything at all. Sometimes they've genuinely struggled to gather enough members on the friends list to get a TNT started because there's been a lack of interest in that particular week's choice of game for TNT.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crash_Happy

@SneakyPickle: They are still going to do s9ome old fashioned TNT but I think they needed to try something new. As far as the happy hour, I never felt like that was good for them or members. It took a lot of time and never really got anything but last minute half thought out ideas. Changing it to something less frequent may well up the quality significantly and leave them more time for content.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Giefcookie

I like TNT.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The old TNT got quite stale. There was a point where they were just playing generic FPS after generic FPS and it was dull. Mixing it up a bit might occasionally lead to TNT's that don't work as well as they hoped, but overall it's far superior to the FPS overload.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@LordXavierBritish said:

I never understood the logic behind not wanting to do community TNT's because there aren't any new multiplayer games out, there are hundreds of older games I'm sure everyone would enjoy watching and playing. For instance, Age of Booty.

This. I actually like the content they have been producing, it just should have replaced TNT. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing while they figure out what to do with TNT.

I also really miss Happy Hour, which I didn't think was getting stale at all.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zombie2011

Gears 3 was the best one i can remember, and that was in the new format.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@MattyFTM: Old games is the exact answer to that. The thing is that they felt the need tojust play whatever was out that week, and if that meant kind of a dud in terms of video content (ie most FPS games in the market), whatever. I would love to see something like a vote on different old games. If there isn't a good game available, take a break for a week or two until one can be found: don't just stop producing the content. The community has been very clear about this stuff: find a real cheap silly game, or an old classic, and you will get a shit ton of people happy to play. It seemed like the Quake and Unreal and Nuts n Bolts led to some of the most popular TNTs out there, there was certainly not a struggle to find people to play with and ways to keep the content interesting throughout the whole show. Sure, watching quake and unreal might not have been for everyone, but a lot of us really enjoyed that because a lot of us found those games to be formative experiences.

Try MMO's like WoW, do a raid or something, there are plenty of MMOs and probably a lot of people playing stuff like WoW and Guild Wars in the community. Hell, play minecraft or something, give the server two hours for people to build whatever kcik ass thing they can within the time limit. There are options, and the community could easily help generate ideas. I understand it can be hard from the inside looking out for the WM folks to think of ways to keep TNT going, but the community has a ton of ideas and is willing to get behind an effort to get TNT back on it's feet, and come up with ideas for those slow times.

printedcrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By printedcrayon

There's been a lot of bitching and moaning that I've noticed on Giant Bomb recently. Unless of course I've just turned a blind eye to it and have only noticed it now.

Either way, surely people can understand that the GB guys are probably a bit bored by constantly playing SHOOTER X or whatever bland FPS title has been released recently, this new format gives the guys a chance to mix it up and play games that are different.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Harkat

@MordeaniisChaos said:

Hell, play minecraft or something, give the server two hours for people to build whatever kcik ass thing they can within the time limit.

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#34  Edited By Yummylee

I've been cool with the new TNT experimentation (Dead Island and Gears 3 are two of the best thus far out of the entire lot), though yesterdays did suck some purty big bawls. That's not a gripe against Kessler either; he was easily the funniest and most lively. Dave was cool, but he often needs someone who's very like-minded (ala Vinny, or Will) to blossom. Ryan looked like he was barely hanging on and only stayed to torment Kessler a little more.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Hooded

TNT was always good and the past few weeks it has slipped a few notches.

Saying that, Dead Island TNT was hilarious, Gears3 TNT was pretty cool too.

I'm pretty shocked they have canclled the Happy Hour, it seemed to me people still wanted it but the guys cba with it anymore, esspecially as we aren't getting an alternative. Prems getting less for our money now.

enai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By enai

More co-op TNT!

This is what happens when you ask people to pay for things; they have more reason to get vocal. No problem with that...

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By X19

All I know is if Gary Whitta is on TNT it will be guaranteed to be 100% awesome.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Still_I_Cry

What is TNT?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Tennmuerti

Honestly I looooove HoMM series.
But it's just not TNT material.
A QL would have been much better to both show off the actual game, and better for the majority that got bored watching it live (with slow animation speeds too)

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DystopiaX

@TheHT said:

@Yanngc33 said:

TNT was awesome when it was a concept, but then they went and made it all real.

it was awesome when they didn't play through everything so they played good games like SSF4, but watching FPS from one view, particularly when the player isn't very good, is just not good content.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DeeGee

@Hooded said:

TNT was always good and the past few weeks it has slipped a few notches.

Saying that, Dead Island TNT was hilarious, Gears3 TNT was pretty cool too.

I'm pretty shocked they have canclled the Happy Hour, it seemed to me people still wanted it but the guys cba with it anymore, esspecially as we aren't getting an alternative. Prems getting less for our money now.

We do have an alternative though, the weekly "Load our last save" feature. Plus a bunch more premium videos. If anything, we have way more content given to us now the Happy Hour is gone.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eidderf

I prefer the new TNTs, as most people have said watching people play some sort of FPS with a handful of community members is the most fun thing to watch when compared to stuff like the dead island TNT which was a lot more entertaining in my opinion.

Though I do wish they'd bring back happy hour, it was a fun show and I didn't really see the problem with it.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SomeJerk

I like non-community TNTs because they make people whine and complain about not playing with the community.
I like community TNTs because they make people whine and complain about not getting in there because the servers or matches are full.
I like TNTs because they make people whine and complain as if getting their names seen or read is the most important thing they can accomplish in their lives.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Disagree! The Dead Island TNT is one of the greatest thing committed to film.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#45  Edited By KowalskiManDown

The Dead Island TNT was incredible. They should do more of that.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BisonHero

Is it really such an integral part of TNT that the community be involved? I mean, depending on the game, at best they got to play with a few dozen community members each week. Even less if it was a fighting game, or Virtua Tennis. So I don't really see how current TNT, as a viewing experience, is dramatically different than what it's been before: watching the GB guys (and maybe the Tested guys) play a multiplayer game for 2 hours, while they answer questions from the chat.

The vast majority of the several thousand TNT viewers either don't have the game each week, or do but don't end up playing with the GB guys for whatever reason. The new format gives them greater flexibility by including local co-op games, and they can still go back and do the old format when stuff like Modern Warfare 3 comes out if they want.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kingzetta
@CptChiken said:

I dont understand why they arent doing comminity TNTs as much anymore, but hey! good content is good content... and its not like i could ever get in on playing with them in TNT that would involve me staying up CRAZY late.

because it was boring as hell for them. Also it was a pain in the ass to try and find a way to make the same damn online FPS experience enjoyable to watch week after week.
superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By superfriend

They should really think about this thing ahead of time and not throw it together at the last second. If there aren´t enough good mp games out (which I doubt) just skip a week, or just have one solid hour instead of 2 boring ones.

If they want to bring the community aspect back a bit more, there are a TON of older/downloadable games that would work in this environment if they just announced it early enough. Age of Booty would be a great thing actually, even without the rum. Also, if the crew are too jaded to play shooters, bring the interns out and have the crew make (a little) fun of them. I like Kessler and some of the other dudes would probably also be down for some TNT-action. You know, have someone play whos not afraid to talk to some dudes over the internet. That´s the thing I don´t get at all: this is supposed to be the GB audience´s chance to get together and play, yet they turn the ingame chat off and never talk to anyone. So it just becomes this weird silent hunt for the guy with the GBTNT/Giantbombing tag.

Guess the muting of chat has something to do with justin.tv´s terms of service, but still.. more gaming with duders for funsies, less being sour about stuff!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Mcfart said:

They should only do TNT when there's a multiplayer release worth playing for 2 hours, such as BF3/MW3/GOW3 etc.

Please no. I'd rather stab myself in the eye than watch nothing but more multiplayer first/third person shooters.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

I've never watched a ton of TNT, but it does seem like they're taking less of a community focus lately, which irks me a bit. Watching something like their Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts TNT, which was a ton of fun, versus watching their Dead Island TNT, which was just them running around with each other... I dunno, it seemed lacking in some way. Still doesn't make it bad though, it's a lot of fun to watch these guys play games either way.