• 127 results
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Marz

next week is obviously battlefield 3 week.  and then Uncharted 3 the next week.  So figure there will be two community driven TNT's in a row.  But yeah I didn't really want to see two dudes play portal 2 the other week so i turned it off quicker than normal, don't even know what they did this thursday? heroes of might and magic ?  that should have been a quicklook instead.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By altairre

Dead Island TNT was awesome. Gears of War 3 TNT was awesome. The last one not so much. They need to play games where it makes sense to have up to four players like for example Dead Island or Gears or maybe New Super Mario Bros. Those are fun to watch.

Kyotsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Kyotsu

I am down for more co-op TNT and crazy stuff like trackmania. Honestly, I get tired of watching the GB crew get shot in fpses or lose in fighting games.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By DjCmeP

The Dead Island was a good one but I think they should go back to the older 360/PS3/Xbox/PS2 releases and play something that has zero players online like they did with the Tony Hawk 3 and the Banjo & Kazooie TNT.

I really don't want to see any FPS games being played for 2 hours...

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By project343

@CptChiken said:

I dont understand why they arent doing comminity TNTs as much anymore, but hey! good content is good content... and its not like i could ever get in on playing with them in TNT that would involve me staying up CRAZY late.

Because it's super hard to find active, playable games to play with the community?

I much prefer the new format. The Dead Island TNT was a revelation.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By august

Previous TNTs kind of devolved into someone playing a fps not talking while the everyone else present pretended not to be bored.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ModernAlkemie

I really enjoyed both the GOW3 and Dead Island TNTs, and they are a wonderful way to add some different flavor to the segment.

The show last night was not so hot, but I did not see that as Kessler's fault. I thought he was one of the liveliest parts of the evening. I've found some of the community involved FPS nights to be much more boring.

I'm glad they are experimenting with the segment, and I think bringing back some older/downloadable titles as others have mentioned could be a blast.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#58  Edited By pyromagnestir

@DeeGee said:

@Hooded said:

TNT was always good and the past few weeks it has slipped a few notches.

Saying that, Dead Island TNT was hilarious, Gears3 TNT was pretty cool too.

I'm pretty shocked they have canclled the Happy Hour, it seemed to me people still wanted it but the guys cba with it anymore, esspecially as we aren't getting an alternative. Prems getting less for our money now.

We do have an alternative though, the weekly "Load our last save" feature. Plus a bunch more premium videos. If anything, we have way more content given to us now the Happy Hour is gone.

If happy hour had to die to give us video like the lantern run, my only regret is I couldn't kill it myself. Premium members are now getting way more content than when it was just one live show a week, and any notion to the contrary is crazy and indefensible. Plus that content so far has been more specialized so that if someone, like myself, doesn't care for comics 1/4th of my premium content isn't being taken up by talk about comic books each week. But for someone who does enjoy hearing about comic talk, they could go to comic vine and indulge in whatever premium content comic vine cooks up. Although so far Giantbomb has been the dominant source of premium content each week, it seems. But I find it hard to imagine someone signed up for premium content who was a regular tested or screened or comic vine visitor, but never went to Giantbomb.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Sooty

TNT was always pretty boring with a few exceptions. The Quake TNTs were both good.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Dagbiker

Kessler was the best part of the TNT last night. my only regret is that they didnt make him eat some old tuna for the punishment. He's always very sporting and loves what ever hes doing.

But i liked the dead island TNT, the portal 2 TNT was OK. but the TNTs where never about playing a game and watching they where about playing a game with the community. that's what i feel is missing from TNT. yeah they are still hit and miss, and i don't think they will ever stop being hit and miss, but at least let them be hit and miss with the community.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#61  Edited By Atlas

I don't see the format of TNT as being sacred. I have never felt compelled to try and get in on a TNT (although I've been tempted to jump in during Thursday Night Tested, when they play TF2), and I'm not convinced that the guys have to be playing against the community to have some lols.

I love watching the guys play co-op games, but it has to be the right co-op game. The four main guys playing New Super Mario Bros Wii produced one of the best videos in the history of the site, and the Dead Island TNT was almost equally entertaining. That said, watching Patrick and Ryan struggle through Portal 2 co-op was no fun at all, and I had zero interest in watching three guys staring intently at a screen playing Gears of Horde. The basketball TNT was kinda interesting, but only as an extended quick look for NBA2K12 and some Coonce goodness. The Jam stuff was snooze worthy.

Last night was a bit of a trainwreck, but it was saved by the presence of Dave Snider, whose presence elevates any piece of content to epic levels. Had it just been Kessler, Ryan and someone else playing Space Marine, it could have been insufferable. Speaking of insufferable, the TrackMania 2 Canyon TNT was repugnant. The game is boring, and no amount of stupid music can change that.

I guess the thing is that TNT was never awesome every single week. There was always a downer week when they played a sterile FPS. That's fine, not every one has to be a winner, and as long as we still get world class exercises in ridiculousness like the Banjo-Kazooie N&B TNT and the Battlefield Bad Company 2 TNT, then I'll be happy.

I do miss the Happy Hour, though...

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dagbiker

If they are going to play co-op games they need to change the name because they aren't Throwingdown.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lockwoodx

TNT should be about involving as much as the community as possible, not watching the GB crew play games. I agree with the OP.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mnzy
@Mcfart said:

They should only do TNT when there's a multiplayer release worth playing for 2 hours, such as BF3/MW3/GOW3 etc.

Those shooter TNTs were the worst and one of the reasons they needed to change it.
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By lockwoodx
@mnzy said:
@Mcfart said:

They should only do TNT when there's a multiplayer release worth playing for 2 hours, such as BF3/MW3/GOW3 etc.

Those shooter TNTs were the worst and one of the reasons they needed to change it.
The TF2 was a good FPS TNT but that's because it had the tested guys on.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#66  Edited By Little_Socrates

I actually enjoyed the first half-hour of last night's TNT, but I was so tired when I started the archived version that I had to turn it off and go to sleep. I think I'll watch that one now.

(Also, the Dead Island TNT was phenomenal. I didn't watch the Gears 3 or Portal 2 TNTs.)

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By ThePickle

TNT's were always hit or miss. The fact that all of them are inexplicably 30 minutes short of 2 hours nowadays doesn't help.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

@Marz: Then the week after that is modern warfare 3

SHOOTERS TNT INCOMING

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By BulletproofMonk

They should just play Trackmania every week.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By rockinkemosabe

TNT just needs some more AC/DC.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hooded

@DeeGee said:

@Hooded said:

TNT was always good and the past few weeks it has slipped a few notches.

Saying that, Dead Island TNT was hilarious, Gears3 TNT was pretty cool too.

I'm pretty shocked they have canclled the Happy Hour, it seemed to me people still wanted it but the guys cba with it anymore, esspecially as we aren't getting an alternative. Prems getting less for our money now.

We do have an alternative though, the weekly "Load our last save" feature. Plus a bunch more premium videos. If anything, we have way more content given to us now the Happy Hour is gone.

Thats true, however the premium videos like "Load our last save", Random PC Game and Vinnys arcade machine is good but I just haven't found it to be that great. Daggerfall was good and quite informative but the others seems quite boring, and being a big Vinny fan, its quite hard for me to admit that.

Vinny and Dave have been pushing the premium content more than the other guys, I guess the others are busy with reviews and whatnot. Hopefully they either bring back HH or when game releases have died down then maybe we can get something else.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SomeJerk

There needs to be a BF3 TNT on a 64 player server (or just go server hopping to empty servers and let them fill up) because it's so far away from any other first person shooter that isn't Battlefield.

Hell, it's far away from even BC2.

Which feels cramped now.

Then throw in an MW3 TNT the week after just to make people think.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73  Edited By mattbodega

I feel so proud to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dagbiker

@MattBodega:

I thought you where the best part, perhaps thats just saying how bad last nights TNT was, i guess that or how much i wanted to see your ps3 get taken away.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By squirrelnacho

The Bad Company 2 was the best TNT by far. Battlefield 3 with 64 players will be amazing. They should just play BF3 for a few weeks.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By jakob187

I don't watch TNT, either when it's live or archived. I just don't really care about it.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Whenever they can't think of something, why not just play AC: Brotherhood? Stabbing dudes in the face and neck never gets old.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By EchoEcho

@MattBodega: You were last night's saving grace. Haters gonna hate, as they say -- don't listen to the bullshit. I just wish I could've gotten in on the action, but I own Space Marine for the 360.

ragemachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ragemachine

I don't really get the assertion that there's some new style of TNT, to me it seems TNTs go in different directions entirely based on the games they pull out to play on them. You aren't going to get one singular experience when you swap to play different games every week, but that's the whole point as I understand it- to show off different multiplayer games and the communities that surround them, in a way you can't delve into in a quick look and is actually impactful. Yeah, it's about the giantbomb community but it's also about each game's community too and throwdown implies the competitive aspects, but I still think it's moreso just providing a glimpse of an expected multiplayer experience with each game, and to that end I think it does its job well and on top of it they manage to be entertaining. It's not about playing the same game or exact gametype every week. I think its great they are pretty diligent about showing different games and different multiplayer modes. What a lot of you people are seemingly asking for is literally just bad content, them rehashing the same games and the same genre every single week with the same members on the couch. What I'm saying is essentially that you're bored because you're boring.

Also Kessler is great, when he gets friendly ribs from the staff its one thing, but when community members attempt to jump in on the bandwagon like they're part of the joke but dripping with negativity it's just sad. It's like watching a rehashing of a legitimately funny comedic routine, except it's being rehashed by a self-serious, abusive alcoholic. He always brings energy to everything he's in and takes the abuse from the staff in stride and rolls with it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#80  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@MattBodega: If anything, watching you fumble around with one of my favorite game series was the only part of the TNT that I liked. I mean, Heroes VI is a great game and all, but it doesn't exactly lend itself to viewing that well.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By nightriff

Pretty new to the site and starting to set time on Thursdays aside for TNT....but this past one was not compelling at all, maybe it was the game, maybe it was the people I don't know but I'm not even sure what happened, it was like a car accident, I remember bits and pieces but never the whole thing and I think I hurt my neck. All the ones in the past I really enjoyed, this was the first I didn't so I will continue to dedicate my time to watching them

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mfpantst

Meh, you guys who want to complain need to find better ways to get past thursdays, like eat, fuck and sleep. Then come back and see why these guys are trying to work a fluid format.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By adoggz

@HandsomeDevil said:

TNT's were always hit or miss. The fact that all of them are inexplicably 30 minutes short of 2 hours nowadays doesn't help.

if the tnt's keep being as bad as the last few weeks i hope they get even shorter.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ThePickle

@adoggz said:

@HandsomeDevil said:

if the tnt's keep being as bad as the last few weeks i hope they get even shorter.

How does that make any sense? Are you being forced to watch these TNT's?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#85  Edited By JJOR64

They should take a break from it and reconstruct it like they are doing with the Happy Hour. Instead of every week make it every other week or something like that.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By adoggz

@HandsomeDevil: because they could be doing something better with their time than making bad tnts

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#87  Edited By Bribo

Dead Island TNT is my all time favourite.

That is all.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ThePickle

@adoggz said:

@HandsomeDevil: because they could be doing something better with their time than making bad tnts

30 minutes isn't going to kill them.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Cloudenvy

I still like TNT. : (

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90  Edited By GaspoweR

@Mcfart said:

They avoided since the past FPS TnT's were boring as hell to watch. The most recent one I remember was Killzone 3. The Uncharted 3 beta was good though because it was hilarious. HIP THRUSTS anybody?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Cloudenvy

@GaspoweR said:

@Mcfart said:

They avoided since the past FPS TnT's were boring as hell to watch. The most recent one I remember was Killzone 3. The Uncharted 3 beta was good though because it was hilarious. HIP THRUSTS anybody?

I actually agreed with them at first, I thought that the FPS TNT's were extremely boring to watch. Then in the Gears 3 TNT they had multiple people to switch to, and it made the whole thing a lot more exciting to watch.

That's probably just me who thinks that though.

AlexAlterisio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By AlexAlterisio

I like the new TNT better than the old TNT. Just sayin'. Playing with the community makes for a nice activity and all but it's typically not very fun to watch. I think the new format makes TNTs more watchable.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Stop complaining! Last time you complained, we lost the Happy Hour and got the Lantern Run, Old XBox Game of the Week, and videos of arcade machines being built.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ryanwho

Yes it used to be a lot better.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By AlexW00d

Tbf the only TNTs I have ever really cared to watch are the Starcraft and TF2 ones, probably cos of Will and Norm, and mostly cos of Norm v Brad. I just don't want to watch Ryan and Jeff playing videogames they don't really care about and sighing exasperatedly all the time.

The Vinny and Will team for the Shoemaker v Shoebreaker TNT was the greatest hosting this site has ever seen.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By EvilTwin

I don't think it's inherently worse, it's just hit and miss like it always has been.  Gears of War 3 and Dead Island are some of the best TNTs they've done.  On the other hand, this week was indeed a total bust.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Animasta

@AlexW00d said:

Tbf the only TNTs I have ever really cared to watch are the Starcraft and TF2 ones, probably cos of Will and Norm, and mostly cos of Norm v Brad. I just don't want to watch Ryan and Jeff playing videogames they don't really care about and sighing exasperatedly all the time.

The Vinny and Will team for the Shoemaker v Shoebreaker TNT was the greatest hosting this site has ever seen.

don't you mean vinny and ryan?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AlexW00d

@Animasta said:

@AlexW00d said:

Nope. Will and Vinny.

nickb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By nickb64

I really enjoyed the Dead Island TNT, that was the right way to do the new type of TNT, because it was hilarious. The games they did recently seemed kind of shit for TNT because they weren't that fun or amusing to watch.

I'd like to see another TF2 TNT or something.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Animasta

@AlexW00d said:

@Animasta said:

@AlexW00d said:

Nope. Will and Vinny.

I am 100% sure it is Ryan and Vinny.

and the hand of nod