#1 Posted by grant (13 posts) -

So I'm pretty happy with my 360 and Wii, but I'm interested in Little Big Planet, Warhawk and Wipeout HD.

Are there enough exclusives coming out to justify the purchase of a PS3? Nobi Nobi Boy and whatever Fumito Ueda's game will be (Team Ico) have me interested, but can you guys think of other worthwhile exclusives coming to PS3?

Thanks!

#2 Posted by pause422 (6249 posts) -

Definitely more so than what the Wii has going on for it...but most games nowadays are multiplatform soit really comes down to how much you wanna play the few upcoming exclusives and stuff...I would say its a good idea, but maybe wait a while longer.

#3 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
#4 Posted by Exlutonian (167 posts) -

I'd say so.

Remember though, its not all about games.

As long as you have a HD TV its worthwhile for the entertainment too.

I was in the same position, and am very happy with my choice of the PS3.

#5 Posted by Video_Tycoon (313 posts) -

Well, there are older exclusives worth playing...

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
MGS4
Heavenly Sword
etc...

#6 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -

A ps3 is worthy  for mgs4 alone =/

#7 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Considering it's immeasurably better than the Wii and probably also a little better than the 360, yes. Just a couple of the exclusives make it worthwhile, and it's got quite a few of them.

#8 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

I was in the same boat and ended up just getting a PS3. There are a few good exclusives that were mentioned before, and hopefully some more in the future. Personally I use it more for blu ray than for gaming...

#9 Posted by thanatos990 (760 posts) -

the coolest thing about the Ps3 is........NO RED RING OF DEATH!!

#10 Posted by Video_Tycoon (313 posts) -
thanatos990 said:
"the coolest thing about the Ps3 is........NO RED RING OF DEATH!!"
And sixaxis, and blu ray and exclusives and etc.
#11 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

well the PS3 is region free, so you can import game for japan and play it with out any problem, it will come in handy went Tatsunoko vs Capcom will be out in japan but can't be releases in North America, until they clear out the licensing issues.

#12 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

You could spend all that money on a Microsoft Zune

#13 Posted by grant (13 posts) -
Agent_Lost said:
"well the PS3 is region free, so you can import game for japan and play it with out any problem, it will come in handy went Tatsunoko vs Capcom will be out in japan but can't be releases in North America, until they clear out the licensing issues."
That's what I'm most interested in actually. I went ahead and got one with backwards compatibility too!
#14 Posted by Ginger_Avenger (193 posts) -

There are plenty of great exclusives for the PS3, people just choose to ignore them.

#15 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
Agent_Lost said:
"well the PS3 is region free, so you can import game for japan and play it with out any problem, it will come in handy went Tatsunoko vs Capcom will be out in japan but can't be releases in North America, until they clear out the licensing issues."
That's a Wii/Arcade game.
#16 Posted by pause422 (6249 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"Agent_Lost said:
That's a Wii/Arcade game."
They've already confirmed than it was only gonna be on the Wii first off, and would probably come to 360/PS3 later on.
#17 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

as much as i love my ps3, there are just too few exclusive titles on it now for me to recommend anyone buy it.
there is good stuff like uncharted and little big planet, just not enough to justify the cost when you have a 360.
i would wait for the next price drop

#18 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

I wanted to get a PS3 for my b-day.. I didnt even have to spend any money on it... Then I questionned myself about the real need of getting a PS3 when I already own a 360...

I ended up deciding that I would have more fun getting more of the new games this year than getting a console that will play a lot of the same games. PS3 exclusives look really fun, just like the xbox 360 exclusives, but in the end, you can have just as much fun with just one of these great consoles.

So many games come out on both consoles and the majority of the exclusive kinda cancel each other, sure there are differences but not enough for me to get both machines.

By the way you could interchange the PS3 and Xbox 360 in this post and I feel that it would still ring true.....

#19 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

If Nobi Nobi Boy has you interested, then you'll definitely find something of much higher quality to play on the system :-P

#20 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -

If you care more than just games bluray is pretty damn sweet. Actually the upscaling on dvds to hih res seems damn good as well (although i never seen a comparison with how the 360 upscales...).