Posted by Alex (1975 posts) -
You'll be strategically killing alien scum this October.

Adding to the deluge of release dates we've been getting in these couple of weeks prior to E3--because apparently there's no point in saving any of this for the show--2K Games and Capcom have revealed the launch dates for some of their bigger upcoming releases in XCOM: Enemy Unknown and the Ninja Theory-developed Devil May Cry reboot, respectively.

First up, Firaxis' update of Mythos Games' classic turn-based alien killing strategy series, which is now scheduled to hit stores on October 9. The announcement came with a gaggle of pre-order information pertaining to the game, which I won't reprint in its entirety for brevity's sake. You can read about all the pre-order goodies and doodads on 2K's official blog, if you like.

As for Devil May Cry, you can expect to take control of a newly revamped Dante as of January 13. Ninja Theory has been working on this reboot for the last few years, and this is Capcom's first official launch date set for the game. This, of course, means it could still slip a few more times, given the way these things generally tend to go, but for now, let's just pretend that this sounds like a very solid date that has no chance of moving whatsoever. It's less stressful that way.

It's worth noting that DMC will join a host of other major games, including BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Aliens: Colonial Marines in an increasingly crowded first quarter of next year. Perhaps it might be prudent to set aside a little bit more of your holiday moneys than usual this year. Come January and February, it looks like you're gonna need that extra cash.

Staff
#1 Posted by Alex (1975 posts) -
You'll be strategically killing alien scum this October.

Adding to the deluge of release dates we've been getting in these couple of weeks prior to E3--because apparently there's no point in saving any of this for the show--2K Games and Capcom have revealed the launch dates for some of their bigger upcoming releases in XCOM: Enemy Unknown and the Ninja Theory-developed Devil May Cry reboot, respectively.

First up, Firaxis' update of Mythos Games' classic turn-based alien killing strategy series, which is now scheduled to hit stores on October 9. The announcement came with a gaggle of pre-order information pertaining to the game, which I won't reprint in its entirety for brevity's sake. You can read about all the pre-order goodies and doodads on 2K's official blog, if you like.

As for Devil May Cry, you can expect to take control of a newly revamped Dante as of January 13. Ninja Theory has been working on this reboot for the last few years, and this is Capcom's first official launch date set for the game. This, of course, means it could still slip a few more times, given the way these things generally tend to go, but for now, let's just pretend that this sounds like a very solid date that has no chance of moving whatsoever. It's less stressful that way.

It's worth noting that DMC will join a host of other major games, including BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Aliens: Colonial Marines in an increasingly crowded first quarter of next year. Perhaps it might be prudent to set aside a little bit more of your holiday moneys than usual this year. Come January and February, it looks like you're gonna need that extra cash.

Staff
#2 Edited by daletiel (12 posts) -

Interesting. Should make for some tough decisions next year.

#3 Edited by Morningstar (2142 posts) -

Yay, oct 9th! I wish it came out tomorrow though :p

#4 Posted by Mandrewgora (192 posts) -

Lunch date?

#5 Posted by dead_eye_sam (37 posts) -

I guess I'm not going to eat for a couple of months... its cool :D

#6 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (497 posts) -

i thought enemy unknown was a download only thing...

#7 Posted by dropabombonit (1484 posts) -

Cool, thanks for the heads up

#8 Posted by CrunchinJelly (16 posts) -

Let the moaning commence...

#9 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

Wow, did not expect DMC to be so far off, more time for it to be awesome I guess.

#10 Posted by biggiedubs (493 posts) -

I lost, I thought DMC would be out in October. Oh well.

Next Jan does look pretty packed already though, if nothing gets pushed, that is.

#11 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

I half expect the Q1 2013 games to be joined by The Last of Us and Metal Gear Rising. Still really interested to see how Tomb Raider turns out.

#12 Posted by mbr2 (561 posts) -

Super psyched for XCOM.

#13 Posted by Tesla (1909 posts) -

I am interested in both of these videogames. Hopefully the FPS XCOM gets a solid release date soon.

#14 Posted by Winternet (8007 posts) -

Man, I went with Devil May Cry for October. Damn, I lost.

#15 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I won your game.

To be fair. it really couldn't have been the other way. There's no way Capcom would release a Devil May Cry reboot against Resident Evil 6. Happy to be playing XCOM this year.

#16 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

#17 Posted by MeatSim (10774 posts) -

Definitely looking forward to the XCOM game.

#18 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

#19 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Huzzah! I guessed right (mainly by guessing the game I hoped that I'd be playing this year).

Don't get me wrong, DMC looks pretty cool, but I've been dying for a new Firaxis game. It's been far too long for us console folk.

#20 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11487 posts) -

X-COM in October you say? Count me in.

#21 Posted by TheGorilla (228 posts) -

I just want to see the shooter XCOM. There were some interesting ideas in that game, I'm curious as to whether they'll work out or not.

#22 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Great! my wallet won't suffer all that much from the Capcom side this year just Dragon's Dogma and Resident Evil 6

#23 Posted by Cybexx (1153 posts) -

I was worried about XCOM slipping, even though I would be happy to give the dev team whatever time they need to get it right, since after Bioshock: Infinite slipped it is the game I'm most looking forward to for the rest of the year.

#24 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

damn i guessed wrong, however i still had fun playing the game.

#25 Posted by Shaanyboi (1271 posts) -

Boo at DMC getting delayed! Yay for XCOM!

#26 Posted by Hurricrane (128 posts) -

Hooray! XCOM is sooner than I thought! Can't wait, but super weird that this was announced and will be released within a year as opposed to the other cool looking XCOM game. The whole 50s vibe was rad and I want to see geometric aliens

#27 Posted by Binarynova (150 posts) -

"But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man that would put the release dates in the same order as the games or the opposite. Now, a clever man would put the dates in the opposite order because he would know that only a great fool would think they were in the same order. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not say their in the same order."

"But you must have known I was not a great fool. You would have counted on it! So I clearly can not say they're in the opposite order."

Okay, okay, I'll stop now. :)

#28 Edited by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

I join the many who predicted them in the wrong order, this game isn't very fun, Alex, I'd like to speak to-OH FUCK!!!

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@dudeglove said:

I CAN STILL SEE IT!!!!

#29 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1021 posts) -

Good one Alex, not sure if saying both games look bad or not.

#30 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Well done....

#31 Posted by SpiritWolfau (6 posts) -

I would be excited as a DMC fan, but DmC hasn't given me many reasons to look forward to it. I'm not even going to buy it at launch.

#32 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -
The announcement came with a gaggle of pre-order information pertaining to the game, which I won't reprint in its entirety for brevity's sake.

Ha! Yeah, right.

#33 Posted by Yummylee (21279 posts) -

After playing through so much DMC lately with the HD collection, I was really getting myself in the mood for some new DMC. I imagined it would have had a 2012 september/october release date , but oh well.

#34 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Don't really care about DMC but after that thing Alex posted about the anthill and the collectors edition being exclusive to the PC not to mention only $60. makes this a must buy.

#35 Posted by GottaBelieve (17 posts) -

I'm guessing X-Com