#1 Posted by vegetashonor (632 posts) -

I just wanted to express my excitement, "and hopefully invoke some of yours", for GB's game of the year content rolling out today!!! Have fun everyone. :)

#2 Edited by JoeyRavn (4992 posts) -
#3 Posted by moffattron9000 (356 posts) -
#4 Posted by altairre (1214 posts) -

@moffattron9000 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

I have insider information. The Giant Bomb GOTY is

I can confirm that this man is correct.

I heard this also. Vinny made a strong case for it while impersonating Marcello the whole time. The rest of the staff got terrified fairly quickly and gave up at the end.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (12087 posts) -
#6 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

@altairre said:

@moffattron9000 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

I have insider information. The Giant Bomb GOTY is

I can confirm that this man is correct.

I heard this also. Vinny made a strong case for it while impersonating Marcello the whole time. The rest of the staff got terrified fairly quickly and gave up at the end.

This must have been after the lengthy argument for Neverdead. I didn't get that far in the podcast yet...

#7 Posted by Stevemax (149 posts) -

..the teddy bears have their picnic! Oh, this thread isn't about that song.

onTopic: Waking up to presents under the Christmas Tree tomorrow isn't even gonna phase me while the GB GOTY content is being uploaded around the same time.

#8 Posted by moffattron9000 (356 posts) -

@MistaSparkle said:

@altairre said:

@moffattron9000 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

I have insider information. The Giant Bomb GOTY is

I can confirm that this man is correct.

I heard this also. Vinny made a strong case for it while impersonating Marcello the whole time. The rest of the staff got terrified fairly quickly and gave up at the end.

This must have been after the lengthy argument for Neverdead. I didn't get that far in the podcast yet...

It's between that and the Resident Evil 6 discussion.

#9 Posted by Kieran_Smith5 (149 posts) -

@BeachThunder: But the nature of that spoiler tag was classified information. WHAT ARE YOU DOING MAN!!!!?

#10 Posted by cutyoface (547 posts) -
#11 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

No one man should have all this podcast.

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I hope they don't spoil far cry 3 as that is the big game that I haven't played this year. :/

#13 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1258 posts) -

Very excited for it!

#14 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Always be gotying.

#15 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Oh shit, it's today, I hadn't even realised! I'm pretty interested to hear a lengthy discussion/dissection of The Walking Dead, especially Jeff's views on it.

#16 Posted by JoeyRavn (4992 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I hope they don't spoil far cry 3 as that is the big game that I haven't played this year. :/

To be honest, I don't feel there's much to spoil in Far Cry 3. The gameplay is terrific, but the story is pretty bland and goes downhill once you cross the mid-point climax (you know what it is when you get there). But, yeah, they will definitely spoil it, or at least talk about the story in detail. Far Cry 3 surely is one of the possible contenders for GOTY.

#17 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I hope they don't spoil far cry 3 as that is the big game that I haven't played this year. :/

Story spoilers don't exactly affect Far Cry 3 too much. It's more about spoiling specific situations that could ruin some surprise, but otherwise your okay. That game's story is concentrated on its vagueness, ambiguity and tripiness.

#18 Posted by zombie2011 (4982 posts) -

I normally don't care that much about GOTY because you can tell what games are gonna win or be in the top two easily, but this year is different. While Walking Dead will probably be one of those spots I really want Forza: Horizon to win, it's a fantastic game. Also after reading and listening to comments and impressions of the game when it was announced at e3, mostly guys complaining, about annualizing Forza it will be sweet to show them that annual sequels can be done right.

#19 Edited by Rafaelfc (1381 posts) -

Hell yeah, this is my favorite part of the year!!

#20 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I'm excited about everything, but I'm sure that they'll spoil the ending of Mass Effect 3, which I've managed to avoid until now. I was planning on playing it early in 2013 before the huge games rush.

#21 Posted by Daiphyer (1341 posts) -

Everybody, enjoy the best content of the year.

#22 Posted by MocBucket62 (1244 posts) -

Heck yeah can't wait until 1:00pm! I'm wondering what theme the GB crew will go with this year for award deliberations. Who here thinks they are going to use the cutscene technology from WWE 13 in order to hand out awards?

#23 Posted by mrfluke (5266 posts) -

seems brad is up first with his top 10

callling it right now, asuras wrath will be up high on the list, and walking dead will be his personal GOTY

#24 Posted by mrfluke (5266 posts) -

@MocBucket62: highly doubt it, apparently judging from the hints from twitter. they took mobile cameras and went shooting in locations!

https://twitter.com/i/#!/patrickklepek/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FIvSt72h7

#25 Posted by vegetashonor (632 posts) -

Hey, glad to see the excitement in this thread! Have a good week everybody!

#26 Posted by themangalist (1739 posts) -

MY BODY IS SO READY. 1PM CANT COME SOON ENOUGH.

#27 Posted by vegetashonor (632 posts) -
@MocBucket62 they mentioned on a recent podcast that they were shooting on location somewhere. I'm curious if that's what they were doing with the footage. If not, then the skies the limit.
#28 Posted by vegetashonor (632 posts) -

I hope these guys don't do what Gametrailers did and get their balls in a twist for journey. Cool game with wonderful set pieces, but the content just isn't there. Hell, that is one of a couple reasons why they picked Skyrim over SR the 3rd last year, so lets keep the same guide lines guys.

#29 Posted by MocBucket62 (1244 posts) -
@mrfluke: Alright, looking forward to seeing where they shot the footage for the awards! I guess the WWE 13 thing wouldn't really be the first thing to get into Giant Bomb's mind of how they would present the award winners. 
#30 Posted by mostman (251 posts) -

I'm a tad confused by the schedule. Are they going to release the GOTY results before releasing the final day recap? I've always like being surprised and going into the podcast without knowledge of the selection. Will I need to avoid the video until the last recap is released?

#31 Posted by vegetashonor (632 posts) -
@mrfluke My bet is on him picking FEZ at number 1. Just a guess though.
#32 Posted by JoeyRavn (4992 posts) -

@mostman said:

I'm a tad confused by the schedule. Are they going to release the GOTY results before releasing the final day recap? I've always like being surprised and going into the podcast without knowledge of the selection. Will I need to avoid the video until the last recap is released?

Today they will be discussing/awarding 5 categories (probably the five less "important", if you want). There will be a podcast with all the discussion and a video recap with the winners. You probably want to listen to the podcast first, then watch the video.

They'll do this during the whole week, culminating in the Giant Bomb GOTY award, which we all know is Amy by now.

Yeah, I spoiled it. Deal with it.

#33 Posted by mostman (251 posts) -

Yeah. That's what they've done in the past. I was just thrown off by the schedule of upcoming on the front page that says "game of the year". On a side note. This stuff is by far the best content the team puts out. It's been a highlight of the holiday season for me basically since they started doing it.

#34 Posted by Drebin_893 (2923 posts) -

Will the podcast go up now or in two hours with Brad's top ten? I don't want to keep refreshing iTunes.

#35 Posted by Aegon (5702 posts) -

Spoiler, Mcelroy and Ryckert will be doing their own lists.

#36 Posted by huntad (1955 posts) -

@mostman said:

Yeah. That's what they've done in the past. I was just thrown off by the schedule of upcoming on the front page that says "game of the year". On a side note. This stuff is by far the best content the team puts out. It's been a highlight of the holiday season for me basically since they started doing it.

So there will not be a podcast today? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused.

#37 Posted by mostman (251 posts) -

Ok. We have a recap and a video posted now. Where is the podcast?! :)

#38 Posted by JoeyRavn (4992 posts) -

@huntad said:

@mostman said:

Yeah. That's what they've done in the past. I was just thrown off by the schedule of upcoming on the front page that says "game of the year". On a side note. This stuff is by far the best content the team puts out. It's been a highlight of the holiday season for me basically since they started doing it.

So there will not be a podcast today? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused.

Yeah, there will be one for each day. Jeff said there's around 10, 11 hours of content spread throughout the week. Not as much as previous years, but still a shitload of GOTYcasting.

#39 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

Yeah, I'm a little (a lot) confused about when the deliberation podcasts start going up. I prefer going into them unspoiled, so I don't want to watch the recap video or read the first GOTY post. Strange that there is no info about the podcasts on the schedule (or anywhere?).

#40 Posted by mostman (251 posts) -

I think it was 2 years ago that there was nearly 20 hours. Last years final day still ranks up there as best podcast ever made. At one point I honestly thought there was going to be a walk out.

#41 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/283273275503681536

"Sounds like taswell's Internet connection has gone rotten, so he's driving over to my driveway to upload today's podcast.pleasehold"

#42 Posted by mostman (251 posts) -

From Jeff's Twittter: Sounds like @taswell's Internet connection has gone rotten, so he's driving over to my driveway to upload today's podcast. #pleasehold

#43 Posted by mostman (251 posts) -

We are all crazy. We acknowledge that. Right?

#44 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

If it's not 007: Legends, I will be severely disappointed.