Tomorrow I'll buy my 50th xbox 360 game!

Daanienator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Daanienator

I bought my 360 august 2006, 3 xbox's and 49 games later I still use my xbox almost everyday
tomorrow I will buy Guitar hero 4(360) and resistance 2(ps3 duh). Guitar Hero 4 will be my 50th game for my 360!!!
its a milestone and it was worth the money (I would have been very rich if I didn't game)

Next stop 100th game!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#2  Edited By citizenkane

I wish I had money to buy all the consoles and games I wanted to get.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bulldog19892

Jesus. I own maybe twelve 360 games or so.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Thats cool and all but I am pretty sure you have some pieces of crap in there.

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bear

I'm not looking forward to buying my 50th game. Eventually I will realize how much I spent on games and be very sad.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am up to 44 right now and don't feel great about it.  That is a lot of money.

Daanienator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daanienator

I've spent over 6000 euro total on games, consoles (PSP, 360, Ps3, Wii, DS) and 2 TVs

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By pause422

Congrats...? I would be very interested to see a list of the 50 games for the console that you have though, because though there are a lot of good games, I'm not sure I could name 50.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I'm not so far away.   I have like 40? 
My original xbox had like 34 throughout its whole lifespan, and I bought most multiplats on it

That being said, I have so many gaems I still want to buy for my 360 in the backlog as well as coming up.
I don;'t buy games full price typically though.  I will buy stuff like Halo, Final Fantasy, Fable, etc. for full, but Splinter Cell, Marvel:UA, etc. are all eventually buys for <$20. The reason why though the majority I buy are lower priced is because I normalyl buy 1 game ever 2 months but if its really cheap I've been known to buy 3 games at a time.

I think it's almost time for a layout picture.  Yea, I'll do that soon.  By 2009.

Daanienator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daanienator

I will post the list of my 50 games tomorrow, because I am going to bed now

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By TomA

Holy crap i've bought like 12-14 games for a year and a half,i wish i had as much money as you.But for my PS2 i had 38,but games were cheaper back then and i bought alot of those used.Man the PS2 era was the best!

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Wow. By the end of a consoles lifespan I usually own around 15-20 games. I'm usually too busy buying and playing games from older generations of consoles for cheap. There are so many old games to catch up on, and then the games from this gen pile on.

Once I get a Wii or a PS3, the list is gonna grow even bigger (okay, maybe not so much with the Wii). It's a never ending cycle, but I can't complain  

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By roushimsx

I just got a 360 recently (black friday), but the selection of really interesting and cheap games that I want to play is pretty solid, so I'm sure I'll be sitting on a pile of them within a few months. I've been trying to keep focused on just PS2 and Xbox games for the time being but the recent deals os PS3 and 360 stuff have been too good to pass up :(

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Kazona

I'm way too picky in my games to be at 50. I think I have like 20. I should probably be less picky..

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422
Kazona said:
"I'm way too picky in my games to be at 50. I think I have like 20. I should probably be less picky.."
You definitely shouldn't be, because half of 50 360 games, I can guarantee aren't worth owning, but renting at the most. So many single player only games that aren't worth owning because people don't touch them again....that's what gamefly is for.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Karmum

I'll be surprised if I ever accumulate 50 Xbox 360 games, I only think I have like 9 or 10 and I have had my 360 since February of 07.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By roushimsx
pause422 said:
"You definitely shouldn't be, because half of 50 360 games, I can guarantee aren't worth owning, but renting at the most. So many single player only games that aren't worth owning because people don't touch them again....that's what gamefly is for."
Depends on how much you spend and how much you play. If you work the deals (random bargains, stacking discounts, hold off on buying games on day 1 and instead pick them up later down the line, etc) then it tends to be cheaper to buy the games outright rather than paying a monthly Gamefly fee (with the added bonus of giving you bait if you want to work out some trades with friends). On the other hand, if you're typically paying $50-$60 for a game (especially something like Mirror's Edge, Bioshock and Fallout 3) then yes, it's a hell of a lot better to just Gamefly stuff.

There's very, very, very few games that I'd ever pay $50-$60 for, but $10-$20 is a hell of a lot easier to swallow.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By kush

Congrats?

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Subway
pause422 said:
"Kazona said:
"I'm way too picky in my games to be at 50. I think I have like 20. I should probably be less picky.."
You definitely shouldn't be, because half of 50 360 games, I can guarantee aren't worth owning, but renting at the most. So many single player only games that aren't worth owning because people don't touch them again....that's what gamefly is for."
Who are you to say if a game is worth full price or not? Most people would say NCAA 09 isn't worth 60$ but considering how much I play it, I think it is.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By kush

Fuck...I just counted my 360 collection and I have 54, not including the 3 Burger King games :P

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pause422
Subway said:
"pause422 said:
"Kazona said:
You definitely shouldn't be, because half of 50 360 games, I can guarantee aren't worth owning, but renting at the most. So many single player only games that aren't worth owning because people don't touch them again....that's what gamefly is for."
Who are you to say if a game is worth full price or not? Most people would say NCAA 09 isn't worth 60$ but considering how much I play it, I think it is."
No one has to "be" anyone special to say that, seeing as I just did.
bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By bwooduhs

damn. i only have 9 360 games. i did only just get it at the beggining of the year though.

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Tycoon
Daanienator said:
"I bought my 360 august 2006, 3 xbox's and 49 games later I still use my xbox almost everyday
tomorrow I will buy Guitar hero 4(360) and resistance 2(ps3 duh). Guitar Hero 4 will be my 50th game for my 360!!!
its a milestone and it was worth the money (I would have been very rich if I didn't game)

Next stop 100th game!"
What kind of job do you have???
Daanienator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Daanienator
Video_Tycoon said:
"Daanienator said:
"I bought my 360 august 2006, 3 xbox's and 49 games later I still use my xbox almost everyday

Next stop 100th game!"
What kind of job do you have???"

I am a paperboy xD 1 hour a day, 6 days a week, 250 euro in a month
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#25  Edited By wefwefasdf

Sometimes I wish I kept all my old games but I sometimes trade them in or sell them.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By keyhunter

I own like 63 games or something.