Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Jayge_
pyromaniac said:
"Jayge said:
"KingBroly said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"Most games aren't reviewed until the day before, or on the day of release."
They write those reviews in advance, and usually embargos don't apply to scores of 90% or better."
News to me. Where do you get this from?"
I think he may be right...the review for like gta4 came out a few days before the game was released..however shit games like Lair didn't get their reviews posted until the day after they were released. Nevertheless, I am getting worried about the game, app. it's only like 10 hours long..after its been in development for like 10 fucking years. Its kinda rip off"
It's been in development for 2 and a half years, effectively. The initial story is 12 hours long. Diablo's is about 4 or 5. People spent 100 times that in the game. It's not the type of experience you just play through once.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By pyromaniac
Jayge said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Jayge said:
"KingBroly said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
They write those reviews in advance, and usually embargos don't apply to scores of 90% or better."
I think he may be right...the review for like gta4 came out a few days before the game was released..however shit games like Lair didn't get their reviews posted until the day after they were released. Nevertheless, I am getting worried about the game, app. it's only like 10 hours long..after its been in development for like 10 fucking years. Its kinda rip off"
It's been in development for 2 and a half years, effectively. The initial story is 12 hours long. Diablo's is about 4 or 5. People spent 100 times that in the game. It's not the type of experience you just play through once."
well they have been floating around the concept for like 10 years now...and effectively developing it for that long. The original game was supposed to span like 80 hours...still though you do have a point there. I read some previous..it seems the game ends in a cliff hanger, kinda like Halo 2.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By mike

It wouldn't surprise me since it's already been stated numerous times that Too Human is the first game in a trilogy.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jayge_
pyromaniac said:
"Jayge said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Jayge said:
"KingBroly said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
It's been in development for 2 and a half years, effectively. The initial story is 12 hours long. Diablo's is about 4 or 5. People spent 100 times that in the game. It's not the type of experience you just play through once."
well they have been floating around the concept for like 10 years now...and effectively developing it for that long. The original game was supposed to span like 80 hours...still though you do have a point there. I read some previous..it seems the game ends in a cliff hanger, kinda like Halo 2."
It does indeed. The game's a trilogy. The concept (and it's interesting, if you can find any gameplay videos from the PS1) has changed with every generation. The game as it is (the loot collecting Norse game with right-stick combat) really is just a few years old. I think I've spent at least 8+ hours with the demo myself, which is a good sign for me. To each his own though- I'd advise a rent. You'll get at least 600 gamerscore, and see the game for itself (more than the demo, at least).
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By whackmypinata
KillzonePS360 said:
"SolemnOaf said:
"only if you're the type of person that needs review scores to justify what you think of as your own opinion."

Actually yes i am that type. Whoever says "reviews dont matter" are in denial, yes reviews matter A LOT.  Everytime i went against the general reviews and bought or rented the game anyway, I was ALWAYS disappointed and 90% of the time I end up feeling the same exact way about the game that the reviewers felt.  Most recent example is Army Of Two, I played the demo and liked it, so i decided to buy it and 3 hours later i was regretting my decision big time. The point is, YES reviews do matter 90% of the time.. Now I will admit that sometimes reviewers rate games way higher than the game deserves hence GTA IV, that game deserved no more than a 8 but yet managed to get 10s across the board,"
Reviews don't matter. You see the reviews, and expect a game to fit that score unless you see it truly exceptional in how good it is, or how much it sucks.
TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By TEAMHOLT
Jayge said:
"Balls said:
"Wait, I'm not trying to be antagonistic here but I'd really like to know what games on Metacritic got a 6.5 and below that lots of people liked."
People play Phantasy Star Universe like no other. I loved Aegis Wing. I also had a lot of fun with Tenchu Z (flawed as it was, it had a good core idea). Tons of people like Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. People still managed to somehow like playing Two Worlds. And that's just a quick gander down the 360 list. All the games have their flaws, yes; but they all did fairly well for themselves and have pretty dedicated fanbases. If you want I can trawl through the PC and PS3 lists, and then the DS list.

Not to mention that's all I know of. There are tons more games on that list- any of them could be more popular than I am currently aware (or you are currently aware)."
Two Worlds dude right here. That game had some of the most satisfying looting I ever did see. I don't care if it was ugly or if the voice acting was horrible, I could nail a dozen orcs with one sword swing, then find something worthwhile on every single body. At one point, a whole town gets wiped out and there are just ogres and empty houses full of shit to steal. It was a god damn looter's paradise.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Karmum

I don't know if it has been posted already, but there are several reviews out. There is a chance that people have recieved their review builds but maybe won't post up the reviews until the release date?

Link to prove it.

EDIT - By several, I meant one.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jayge_
TEAMHOLT said:
"Jayge said:
"Balls said:
"Wait, I'm not trying to be antagonistic here but I'd really like to know what games on Metacritic got a 6.5 and below that lots of people liked."
People play Phantasy Star Universe like no other. I loved Aegis Wing. I also had a lot of fun with Tenchu Z (flawed as it was, it had a good core idea). Tons of people like Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. People still managed to somehow like playing Two Worlds. And that's just a quick gander down the 360 list. All the games have their flaws, yes; but they all did fairly well for themselves and have pretty dedicated fanbases. If you want I can trawl through the PC and PS3 lists, and then the DS list.

Not to mention that's all I know of. There are tons more games on that list- any of them could be more popular than I am currently aware (or you are currently aware)."
Two Worlds dude right here. That game had some of the most satisfying looting I ever did see. I don't care if it was ugly or if the voice acting was horrible, I could nail a dozen orcs with one sword swing, then find something worthwhile on every single body. At one point, a whole town gets wiped out and there are just ogres and empty houses full of shit to steal. It was a god damn looter's paradise.
"
That game had the most fun entire-town looting I've ever seen, I'll give it that. Especially that Asian town with the Orcs, you're right. That place was great.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jayge_
Karmum said:
"I don't know if it has been posted already, but there are several reviews out. There is a chance that people have recieved their review builds but maybe won't post up the reviews until the release date?

Link to prove it.

EDIT - By several, I meant one."
There's also a Polish review out, Maxim Magazine has released one, as has Playboy >.<
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Karmum
Jayge said:
"Karmum said:
"I don't know if it has been posted already, but there are several reviews out. There is a chance that people have recieved their review builds but maybe won't post up the reviews until the release date?

Link to prove it.

EDIT - By several, I meant one."
There's also a Polish review out, Maxim Magazine has released one, as has Playboy >.<"
Are you being serious? I mean, a Playboy review of a video game?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jayge_

Very serious.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TEAMHOLT

Playboy is serious business.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Karmum
Jayge said:
"Very serious."
Oh, boy...
Oh, boy...

That is my reaction. But the point is, there are reviews, seems like the topic creator was too ignorant to look.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By somesthetic

I'm not reading the whole topic.

I like the text part of reviews, but the scores or stars or whatever are mostly pointless. even as 'at a glance' buying recommendations they're not terribly useful.

Avatar image for bread_or_decide
bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#65  Edited By bread_or_decide
MvmntInGrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MvmntInGrn

Well here's the first.

Not good.
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169393

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#67  Edited By KillerFly

1UP's review is out.

Ouch.

EDIT: Guess I got beaten to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OUCH, well we know who is going to be PISSED at 1UP now....

MvmntInGrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MvmntInGrn
Sentry said:
"OUCH, well we know who is going to be PISSED at 1UP now...."
"They are COMPLETE fanboys and just hate the 360 screw them!"

Comments like this are imminent. It may just be a love it or hate it game.
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Mrnitropb

I've been listening to the 1upyours podcast, and they freaking loved the game, and had DD on like every 1.5 episodes, but the reviewer was a different guy, so i guess he did not.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jayge_

They gave Soul Caliber 4 a longer review than that >.<

I find it funny that "too much loot" is a complaint though. And strike another one up to the "I sucked at the game due to being unable to grasp controls".

Other than that, it's purely opinion. I won't really attempt to dispute it.

Avatar image for crazyscreenwriter
crazyscreenwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a really positive Too Human video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQv22dYOBRY
TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TEAMHOLT

The combat stuff is something I noticed in the demo, and spending a lot of time on blueprint stuff and then having an item in your inventory that's better anyway does sound annoying. Still seems fun, but I don't know if I want to spend time and money on another lootfest when Mercs 2 and Viva Pinata are right around the corner.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Uh... ever heard the word Embargo TC?

blue74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By blue74

too human got terrible review scores might aswell say it got Hazed

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By Rowr
Mrnitropb said:
"I've been listening to the 1upyours podcast, and they freaking loved the game, and had DD on like every 1.5 episodes, but the reviewer was a different guy, so i guess he did not."
1up have that issue of not reviewing games for everyone. There reviews always seem to be heavily based on the taste of the reviewer.

Its going to be pretty interesting to see what denis dyack says next time he is on the podcast. If he is.