Too many games!

talljack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By talljack

I am too entertained. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but it seems that I am constantly under pressure to finish all of these games that I've amassed. I remember the days I'd pour hours and hours into a single game, and then replay it because it was the only one I had. Investing myself in a single game like that really made the experience more enjoyable and memorable. Now I get caught up in playing several games at once because I have so many, and often just forgetting or losing interest in all of them. And when I finish a game now, it feels more like a relief that I can check it off my list, more than a victory like it used to.  

The problem probably lies with my wallet. My "Golden Age of Gaming" was back when I couldn't afford more than a few a year, most of my money coming from mowing a lawn here and there (also being limited to PC games, as buying a console was out of the question). Now, with a considerably larger bank account and some brand new hardware, I cant stop myself from trying out the latest and greatest. I guess part of the blame rests on all the stunning games being published these days, but I probably shouldn't complain about that.  

I guess what I really need to do is become more patient. After all, having a lot of games doesn't mean I need to play them all. Something I'm going to do in the near future is make a list of all the games I have (probably with the help of Whiskey Media's own Giant Bomb) and a second list of the games I have yet to play, and simply check them off one by one. One handheld game and one console game at a time and that's IT. Maybe I'll even find the time for real life stuff too!

talljack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By talljack

I am too entertained. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but it seems that I am constantly under pressure to finish all of these games that I've amassed. I remember the days I'd pour hours and hours into a single game, and then replay it because it was the only one I had. Investing myself in a single game like that really made the experience more enjoyable and memorable. Now I get caught up in playing several games at once because I have so many, and often just forgetting or losing interest in all of them. And when I finish a game now, it feels more like a relief that I can check it off my list, more than a victory like it used to.  

The problem probably lies with my wallet. My "Golden Age of Gaming" was back when I couldn't afford more than a few a year, most of my money coming from mowing a lawn here and there (also being limited to PC games, as buying a console was out of the question). Now, with a considerably larger bank account and some brand new hardware, I cant stop myself from trying out the latest and greatest. I guess part of the blame rests on all the stunning games being published these days, but I probably shouldn't complain about that.  

I guess what I really need to do is become more patient. After all, having a lot of games doesn't mean I need to play them all. Something I'm going to do in the near future is make a list of all the games I have (probably with the help of Whiskey Media's own Giant Bomb) and a second list of the games I have yet to play, and simply check them off one by one. One handheld game and one console game at a time and that's IT. Maybe I'll even find the time for real life stuff too!

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By ApolloJ85

You'll never get those golden days back duder. If your current trend continues, just compile a list of shame and wait for retirement so you can clear a backlog of obsolete game.....

I'm in the same boat myself, and the solution for me is just to have one or two great games I go back to regularly, and just rip through the rest as I have time. It helps to wait for new release games to drop in price too.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Kyreo
@ApolloJ85: DUDE!!! Thats a great idea..... 

I can play ALL those games I missed when I retire (in 50 years).