Top 10 best singe player fps

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

1 (the best). Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Call Of Duty is the epic conclusion to the great FPS everyone knows. The reason it sells the most is because it is the best game. Best package. Both SP and MP delivered top notch experience. Halflife 2 is a very boring in comparison. Have no idea why pc fanboys claim it is the best first person shooter made. The shooting mechanics in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are some of the best in a game and it runs 60fps while keeping almost Crysis graphics. Halflife 2 has awful shooting, boring puzzles and is just as linear. The story is very mature and unlike alot of games, America is bad. Call Of Duty has continue to innvoate. In this one you blow up child. Very emotional. Last game shoot up airport. Modern Warfare (1) nuke city. Overall this is probably the best and deepest game of this gen.

2. Far Cry 2

Far Cry 2 is about going to Africa and hunting man like apolcaip now. But this man is not what he seems. Far Cry 2 like RPG with out boring leveling up. Even though it has leveling up. Unlike Resident Evil 5 which most people think is racist you also shoot white in people in this game so not racist. This game uses realistic mechanic of weapon degrag and fire. Modern Warfare 3 inches just about it because this game no have good multiplayer.

3. Halo (1)

Before consoles ruled fps they use to be sterile pc games. Lots of brown corridors of shooting doom and quake men. Most of the time people get lost in level because overcompliced. Halo change that. Take away 10 weapons, use two, have more straight forward design and relace doom people with more visually interesting aleins that look like pokemon. Also no more running round finding fucking health packs, health just regen and let you continue to play without fucked up pacing pc shooters have. Epic story, original gameplay, showed consoles could do multiplayer better than pc. First one the best.

4. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

This game less like militery sim and more like thriller movie. Very innovate, you play as bad guy for part of game but actually undercover guy. Either way, you can shoot people at airport and be bad. This raised eye-brows but very well done. Modern Warfare 2 have great ending, very much the Empire Strike Back of FPS. Like other Call Of Duty, very emotional, like Hollywood movie. Run 60fps and look nearly as good as Modern Warfare 3.

5. World At War

This game is cool because you get to play like Russian like very first Call Of Duty game. This has Gary Oldman and guy from 24 who shouts alot. This single player alot longer than other Call Of Duty. Rather than 5-6 hour, this take me about 8 hours to finish. This would be the best Call Of Duty if it had more story. All it is, is world war II, which is not a story just a bunch of stuffs happening that doesn't have anything to do with anything. Like I say though, like playing as russian.

6. Killzone 2

IMO this is the best looking FPS. It use special effects that give cool blurry effect. Look like real motion at times. The game itself, it basically Call Of Duty in space with a heavy gun. Some people hate the heavy gun because it feel laggy. I like it because it really feels like it has weight. The bad guys are basically space nazis who you beat to wn the game. Multiplayer is good, basically like Team Fortress 2 meets Call Of Duty..

7. Team Fortress 2

This game is basically a rip off of Team Fortress. From what I read, Valve didn't make Team Fortress, just buy the people and slap name on it. So technically, while they own the name, it is a rip off. The thing I like about this is that it is free. Graphics are ok but not as good as Call Of Duty. The unlocks are random so I don't get awsome feeling of progression like Call Of Duty. This is a good game, Killzone 2 improves upon it though.

8. Halflife

This use to be the best FPS until Halo dethroned it. This game use scripted sequences and no cut-scenes like other FPS. Story is basically doom, demons come from portal, attack earth. Overall pretty generic stuff. However the way it is told makes it interesting. The puzzle elements are boring though and have no place in fps. fps for shooting not jumping pipes or turning them. This game is mainly good because of mods.

9. Rage

I don't like Fallout 3 the shooting mechnics are not very good. This is basically Fallout 3 with better shooting and cool graphics. It rivals Crysis and runs 60fps on xbox. The story is crap though and multiplayer is cars instead of first person with gun. I like that you don't die and play mini game, more games should use this mechanic.

10. Dues Ex 2

Alot of people hate this game because it is not like the first game. Well, for one thing the shooting is better. The original Dues Ex had fucking terrible shooting. This games shooting is alot better. It is also more futuristic like anime. Original Dues Ex set in the future but places don't really look very futuristic. Also story is better. I understand at the start of Dues Ex the bad guys are using disease to control people, man made. However by the end of the fucking game I had no clue what was going on or who the bad guy voice. also original dues ex have fucking terrible voice acting. Only argument in which people can argue is that dues ex is more complicted. As game though, it is shit imo. Dues ex 2 while more simple, is better game. Dues Ex 3 also better but whole game fucked up by third person wall cover.

You can play Team Fortress 2 with bots. Also Orange Box.

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call Of Duty is the epic conclusion to the great FPS everyone knows. The reason it sells the most is because it is the best game. Best package. Both SP and MP delivered top notch experience. Halflife 2 is a very boring in comparison. Have no idea why pc fanboys claim it is the best first person shooter made. The shooting mechanics in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are some of the best in a game and it runs 60fps while keeping almost Crysis graphics. Halflife 2 has awful shooting, boring puzzles and is just as linear. The story is very mature and unlike alot of games, America is bad. Call Of Duty has continue to innvoate. In this one you blow up child. Very emotional. Last game shoot up airport. Modern Warfare (1) nuke city. Overall this is probably the best and deepest game of this gen.

2. Far Cry 2

Far Cry 2 is about going to Africa and hunting man like apolcaip now. But this man is not what he seems. Far Cry 2 like RPG with out boring leveling up. Even though it has leveling up. Unlike Resident Evil 5 which most people think is racist you also shoot white in people in this game so not racist. This game uses realistic mechanic of weapon degrag and fire. Modern Warfare 3 inches just about it because this game no have good multiplayer.

3. Halo (1)

Before consoles ruled fps they use to be sterile pc games. Lots of brown corridors of shooting doom and quake men. Most of the time people get lost in level because overcompliced. Halo change that. Take away 10 weapons, use two, have more straight forward design and relace doom people with more visually interesting aleins that look like pokemon. Also no more running round finding fucking health packs, health just regen and let you continue to play without fucked up pacing pc shooters have. Epic story, original gameplay, showed consoles could do multiplayer better than pc. First one the best.

This game less like militery sim and more like thriller movie. Very innovate, you play as bad guy for part of game but actually undercover guy. Either way, you can shoot people at airport and be bad. This raised eye-brows but very well done. Modern Warfare 2 have great ending, very much the Empire Strike Back of FPS. Like other Call Of Duty, very emotional, like Hollywood movie. Run 60fps and look nearly as good as Modern Warfare 3.

5. World At War

This game is cool because you get to play like Russian like very first Call Of Duty game. This has Gary Oldman and guy from 24 who shouts alot. This single player alot longer than other Call Of Duty. Rather than 5-6 hour, this take me about 8 hours to finish. This would be the best Call Of Duty if it had more story. All it is, is world war II, which is not a story just a bunch of stuffs happening that doesn't have anything to do with anything. Like I say though, like playing as russian.

6. Killzone 2

IMO this is the best looking FPS. It use special effects that give cool blurry effect. Look like real motion at times. The game itself, it basically Call Of Duty in space with a heavy gun. Some people hate the heavy gun because it feel laggy. I like it because it really feels like it has weight. The bad guys are basically space nazis who you beat to wn the game. Multiplayer is good, basically like Team Fortress 2 meets Call Of Duty..

7. Team Fortress 2

This game is basically a rip off of Team Fortress. From what I read, Valve didn't make Team Fortress, just buy the people and slap name on it. So technically, while they own the name, it is a rip off. The thing I like about this is that it is free. Graphics are ok but not as good as Call Of Duty. The unlocks are random so I don't get awsome feeling of progression like Call Of Duty. This is a good game, Killzone 2 improves upon it though.

8. Halflife

This use to be the best FPS until Halo dethroned it. This game use scripted sequences and no cut-scenes like other FPS. Story is basically doom, demons come from portal, attack earth. Overall pretty generic stuff. However the way it is told makes it interesting. The puzzle elements are boring though and have no place in fps. fps for shooting not jumping pipes or turning them. This game is mainly good because of mods.

9. Rage

I don't like Fallout 3 the shooting mechnics are not very good. This is basically Fallout 3 with better shooting and cool graphics. It rivals Crysis and runs 60fps on xbox. The story is crap though and multiplayer is cars instead of first person with gun. I like that you don't die and play mini game, more games should use this mechanic.

10. Dues Ex 2

Alot of people hate this game because it is not like the first game. Well, for one thing the shooting is better. The original Dues Ex had fucking terrible shooting. This games shooting is alot better. It is also more futuristic like anime. Original Dues Ex set in the future but places don't really look very futuristic. Also story is better. I understand at the start of Dues Ex the bad guys are using disease to control people, man made. However by the end of the fucking game I had no clue what was going on or who the bad guy voice. also original dues ex have fucking terrible voice acting. Only argument in which people can argue is that dues ex is more complicted. As game though, it is shit imo. Dues ex 2 while more simple, is better game. Dues Ex 3 also better but whole game fucked up by third person wall cover.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By musclerider

So these are the top ten SINGLE PLAYER FPS games?

Why is Team Fortress on there then?

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

Call Of Duty is the epic conclusion to the great FPS made. The reason it sells the most is because it is the best game. Halflife 2 is a very boring in comparison. Have no idea why pc fanboys claim it is the best first person shooter made. The shooting mechanics in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are some of the best in a game and it runs 60fps while keeping almost Crysis graphics. Halflife 2 has awful shooting, boring puzzles and is just as linear. The story is very mature and unlike alot of games, America is bad. Call Of Duty has continue to innvoate. In this one you blow up child. Very emotional. Last game shoot up airport. Modern Warfare (1) nuke city. Overall this is probably the best and deepest game of this gen.

Dude what?

Without even pointing out that the only reason any CoD game sells well is because of the multiplayer and this is a singleplayer list, how is MW3's singleplayer better than Half-Life 2's?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShaggE

This won't end well...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Animasta

alright no one likes a super blatant troll

you gotta be subtle man

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By musclerider

After this guy's last thread I get a feeling he might be a troll but I'll play along.

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SomeDeliCook said:

Call Of Duty is the epic conclusion to the great FPS made. The reason it sells the most is because it is the best game. Halflife 2 is a very boring in comparison. Have no idea why pc fanboys claim it is the best first person shooter made. The shooting mechanics in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are some of the best in a game and it runs 60fps while keeping almost Crysis graphics. Halflife 2 has awful shooting, boring puzzles and is just as linear. The story is very mature and unlike alot of games, America is bad. Call Of Duty has continue to innvoate. In this one you blow up child. Very emotional. Last game shoot up airport. Modern Warfare (1) nuke city. Overall this is probably the best and deepest game of this gen.

Dude what?

Without even pointing out that the only reason any CoD game sells well is because of the multiplayer and this is a singleplayer list, how is MW3's singleplayer better than Half-Life 2's?

1. Better shooting mechanics

2. No boring puzzles

3. More focused levels for shooting (in Halflife 2 you can go 5 minutes without shooting anything)

4. Better graphics, more frame per second

5. Better story, better voice acting, better soundtrack e.t.c...

6. Sequel actually fucking come out, not dick around with fanbase

Halflife 2 came out, 7 years ago? Something like that. Episodic content for faster delivery?

Then Valve not even bother with game. Put out Left4dead 1, left4dead 2, Orange Box, Counterstrike: Global and Dota 2.

Why? Fuck knows. Valve do what they want.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DerekDanahy

Good work.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PeasantAbuse

el oh el i am laughing

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlmostSwedish

Funny.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By FancySoapsMan

good list. 

I love playing games that let me blow up child.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Apocalypse Now?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Animasta

also come on no love for blops? do you just hate numbers?

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylifeforAiur said:

Apocalypse Now?

Sent into area alone to take mystery guy out. Wake up, mystery guy not right in head but choose not to kill you when he clearly can.

Far Cry 2 influenced by apocalupse now and Kurtz character.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@mylifeforAiur said:

Apocalypse Now?

Sent into area alone to take mystery guy out. Wake up, mystery guy not right in head but choose not to kill you.

Clearly Far Cry 2 influenced by AN.

Yeah, I know. I was trying to point out the fact that you massacred the spelling.

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylifeforAiur said:

@mylifeforAiur said:

Apocalypse Now?

Sent into area alone to take mystery guy out. Wake up, mystery guy not right in head but choose not to kill you.

Yeah, I know. I was trying to point out the fact that you massacred the spelling.

Spelling is overrated and the only people who point it out are people who try feel good about themselfs for pointing it out.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@mylifeforAiur said:

@mylifeforAiur said:

Apocalypse Now?

Spelling is overrated and the only people who point it out are people who try feel good about themselfs for pointing it out.

*Themselves.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Animasta

spelling is the cornerstone of civilization my little troll friend

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By FengShuiGod

This is 100% correct.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RsistncE

this list made me lol

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I was intending to leave a comment saying how we should burn you at the stake. But then i realized that i wouldn't want to give you the satisfaction, you troll bastard.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By shirogane

Sorry, your list only has 9 games, what's the 10th?

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10th game is fear (1).

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Hizang

No Timesplitters 2 or 3?

I bid you good day.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Hizang said:

No Timesplitters 2 or 3?

I bid you good day.

Cus those are stupid boring games with bad graphics compared to super amazing Cal of Duty games with amazing singleplayer and great selling game

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowConqueror

...what?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#28  Edited By ArbitraryWater

You're a pretty bad troll. The fact that you put Deus Ex Invisible War on a top 10 anything kind of gives you away. That game is not good in pretty much every facet of its execution.

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ArbitraryWater said:

You're a pretty bad troll. The fact that you put Deus Ex Invisible War on a top 10 anything kind of gives you away. That game is not good in pretty much every facet of its execution.

People keep saying Dues Ex invisible wall is bad but the only fucking argument made is "because it's not as complicated".

Fact: Dues Ex has bad design, bad voice work, it's not balanced, the story telling is convoluted and poorly told, it had bad graphics at time of release

Complicated does not automatically mean good. Dues Ex had big pioneeringi deas, it can be credited for that... but as a game, it was not the end of all ends fanboys such as yourselfs like to make out. Dues Ex 2 is objectively much better game. Better graphics, better shooting, better story telling, better voice work, more balanced.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Animasta

did totalbiscuit tell you about the magnificence of modern warfare 3

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By awesomeusername

TOTY? (That means Troll of the Year.)

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Animasta said:

did totalbiscuit tell you about the magnificence of modern warfare 3

I watch video and all he complain about is FOV than game. To me that seems like something small. But he spend 20 minute and 3 fucking video compliaining.

Modern Warfare 3 is console game, not pc game. It just ported over as kind gesture.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By jonnyboy

This is the funniest shit I've read all morning.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Grillbar

okay first of team fortress 2 is not a singleplayer game, and not a rip off of team fortress its a sequal.

and you place farcry 2 on second since it has not good multiplayer??? what does that have to do with singleplayer.

and my personal opinion about farcry 2 is that it kinda sucked your constantly battling the malaria that was a terrible mecanic. it was really buggy since it tried multiple times where i got stuck in the game cuz an ally npc could not move or go though a door. the map was huge but pretty barren leaving you traveling for a long time without doing nothing hoping a jeep would come to you at least only had to spend 20min driving though the wast nothingness to get to your destination instead of 45min

and halo came out in late 2001.

now you said

Before consoles ruled fps they use to be sterile pc games. Lots of brown corridors of shooting doom and quake men.

here are some games that came out around the same time and are not that.

battlefield (early 2002)

red faction (2001)

Deus ex (2000)

operation flashpoint (2001)

axis (2001)

vietnam 2 (2001)

project eden (2001)

codename outbreak (2001)

and that just of the top of my head

now this is your list i just personally thing its all sorts of wrong but hey some of us aparently have to be that cod fanboy

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Animasta

I feel like you are trolling me on some next level that I don't even know about

Magickeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Magickeys

2. Far Cry 2

3. Halo (1)

5. World At War

6. Killzone 2

7. Team Fortress 2

8. Halflife

9. Rage

10. Dues Ex 2

Really good. Another troll around here. And plus, what is a "singe" player? You typed also the topic title wrong.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I very much disagree completely. Also, these are not the top 10 single player first person shooters. They may be your favorites, but your wrong, so yeah. No HL2? No Doom? Really? The first two doom games are significantly better than a lot of these games.

I'm all for you having your opinion, but state it as exactly that. We already know that HL2 is the best single player first person shooter, because that's what we as an industry have agreed upon, if not knowingly. It's not even on the list.

Thank you for putting the first Halo on there, it is the best game of the series, and I actually think on an actually accurate list, that would be a great place for it. It's awesome. TF2 shouldn't be on here because it's bots are dumb, and only fun for trolling as spy with the Arabian set.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By supamon

Tro-lol-lol-lol-lol!

Not sure if spelling and sentence structure is deliberate.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#39  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@ArbitraryWater said:

People keep saying Dues Ex invisible wall is bad but the only fucking argument made is "because it's not as complicated".

Fact: Dues Ex has bad design, bad voice work, it's not balanced, the story telling is convoluted and poorly told, it had bad graphics at time of release

Complicated does not automatically mean good. Dues Ex had big pioneeringi deas, it can be credited for that... but as a game, it was not the end of all ends fanboys such as yourselfs like to make out. Dues Ex 2 is objectively much better game. Better graphics, better shooting, better story telling, better voice work, more balanced.

Well "bro", I can make more salient points than just "the mechanics are watered down to the point of retardedness". Like, how the levels are all tiny compartmentalized boxes because they were limited by the hardware of the original xbox, or how the story is even more retarded than that of the first game. I am by no means a Deus Ex 1 fanboy. It's an ambitious game that doesn't hold up well mechanically, but at least you don't max out your augments halfway through a 7 hour game like you do in IW. Or how, even though the shooting in IW is better, it's still not a good shooter by any means. Oh yeah, that reminds me. Universal Ammo. What the fuck was up with that?

Whatever. I imagine that arguing with a brick wall of bad english and inane absolute statements is a waste of my time. Any or all objections I have towards Invisible War can be found here.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blops
Blops

This list is horrible, if you really wanted to troll why didn't you just pick 10 Call of Duty games?

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I demand quality trolling from GiantBomb! Not this garbage!

3. Halo (1)

This though is more fucking hilarious then it has any right to be...so at least you show potential kid!

Avatar image for professorquirrell
ProfessorQuirrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TROLL! In the dungeon!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zeforgotten

Good lord, your brain is fried isn't it? 

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By valiantgrizzly

@Animasta said:

also come on no love for blops? do you just hate numbers?

Numbers? Tell me about the numbers.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By AhmadMetallic

dats nise 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By penguindust

No System Shock 2? Damn, now another puppy has to die.

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

System Shock 2 more RPG. Play most game hacking and using melee wep that break every 2 seconds.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AlexanderSheen

The incorrect spelling and the nonsense in his comments makes it work.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By breadfan

List lacks Darkest of Days. Shame on you.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShaggE

System Shock 2 more RPG. Play most game hacking and using melee wep that break every 2 seconds.

Mordin? Is that you?