Top 3 video games you want to see remakes of...

• 96 results
me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By me3639

1. Infiltrator- An old pc game imo ahead of its time that had flying, fighting, and stealth. 

2. Ultima 3- just becasue it was impossible without a hint book. Also, Bioware could fucking rock this series. 

3. World Tour Golf, or Links. Anything with a course builder and w/o you know who on the cover.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By me3639
@MatPaget said:
" This will definitely be more than 3  Resident Evil 2 (in the style of the classic RE view AND RE4, too please everyone!)Resident Evil 3 (same as Resident Evil 2)Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Pokemon Red/Blue (3rd Person HD adventure!)  Pokemon Gold/Silver (3rd Person HD adventure!)  Thats about it... "
Your wish will be granted by the 3DS, enjoy.
matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By matpaget
@me3639: 
Why?
What games are being remade for the 3DS?

@Soapy86:  
I love you too bb <3
Avatar image for youmakekittymad
YouMakeKittyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By YouMakeKittyMad

1.  Dragon Force - definitely my favorite Saturn game
2. Tribes 
3. Independence War - the only space combat game i ever played that even considered the actual physics of spaceflight as opposed to atmospheric flight. 
3a. instead of this, i would gladly accept a TIE Fighter remake, inertial physics be damned. 

i had a hard time with this list. the first games i thought of were Civilization, Starcraft, and Diablo, all of which are being/have been remade very recently and are making me very happy. also, i didn't want to repeat anyone else's choices, though remakes of Earthbound, God Hand, and Homeworld (especially if online multiplayer were added) would likely keep me from having a social life for a very very long time.  

cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By cabelhigh

I know this is a little out there, but Haze I think deserves to be remade. The idea was so good, and the potential is there for some serious ruminations about war and their role in video games. The execution, on the other hand, was pretty abysmal. Remake, please!

Avatar image for naughtydogmania
Naughtydogmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Naughtydogmania

Metal Gear Saga!!!
Imagine having the msx games in mgs4 style!  so not happening lol

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By fossas

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Conker's Bad Fur Day

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By Chocobodude3

Kingdom Hearts 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HitmanAgent47

FFVII, Mgs 3, Mgs1.

rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By rhodric

1. chrono trigger
2. ffvii
3. tales of destiny

Avatar image for captain_awesome
captain_awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By captain_awesome
@Soapy86:  I have love for the the people who have love for majora mask still think it's underrated
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jack268

The Jak & Daxter trilogy

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By WalkerTR77

I would rather see final fantasy 8 & 9 remakes.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Raymayne

I have had another think about this, and I would say, Castlevania 4, MK2, and Bloody Roar

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#66  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged
@Raymayne:  I played the 1st bloody roar, I love that game....
DaManGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By DaManGB

xtreme G

StarFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By StarFox

Star Fox 64 
Jet Set Radio Future (yeah, it was just last gen, but maaan with a few gameplay and graphics tweaks I would play it all over again) 
Final Fantasy Tactics (on console, not the PSP port because as nice as it was, that shit be still ugly)

Evan223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Evan223
@DanHammett said:
" Conker's Bad Fur Day Conker's Bad Fur Day Conker's Bad Fur Day "
Got a remake on the original XBOX
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

1. Kid Chameleon
2. Eternal Champions
3. Bubba and Stix

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Dino Crisis 2 
Battletoads 
Metroid Fusion
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By yakov456

Actraiser x3

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73  Edited By crusader8463
  1. Vanguard Bandits
  2. Command and Conquer Renegade
  3. Command and Conquer 95. I loved the series when it was just near future and before they added space ships and aliens and all that crap.

Honorable Mentions:
  • Baulders Gate 2
  • The Kotor games
  • Impossible Creatures
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By yakov456
@Raymayne
I have had another think about this, and I would say, Castlevania 4, MK2, and Bloody Roar
For saying CV4, I love you.
Evan223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Evan223

1. Jet Set Willy 
2. Alundra 
3. Sam and Max: Hit the Road

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By kalmis

1. Maniac Mansion - with same treatment as the Monkey Island games got please
2. Tie-Fighter - nothing to add, this is simply the best Lucasarts game ever
3. Ultima V - The first proper RPG I've ever played. Would like to experience it again.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#77  Edited By LackingSaint

Super Mario Bros

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By nintendoeats

I think there is a basic problem with the way people are answering this question. Most of the things people are mentioning are things that are still great to play. I want to see remakes of games that no longer stand up, or were just broken the first time around. hence:

Deus Ex --- This game has a ton of great ideas, but it needs tightening. There are too many points where you can screw yourself because the game is unclear in what it wants you to do, the voice acting and mixing are mediocre at best, its kind of buggy, the controls are unwieldy, inventory management is a bitch...but all of those things could be fixed in a remake.

Jurassic Park: Tresspasser --- There is nothing else like trespasser, which is a shame because the game itself is horribly flawed. The thing is, this game has a lot of effective moments, and the game mechanics are legitimately interesting. Fix the graphics, alter the dinosaur AI or just use normal animation, switch to an established physics engine, restrict arm movement to make it more controllable and less messed up looking, maybe add or alter some puzzles to take advantage of the more refined controls; all this would make for a legitimately great game, as opposed to the current iteration which is like a delicious chocolate wrapped in poo.

Actually, this is all I have for now. Most games that I can think of have some kind of spiritual successor. At the very least their mechanics have gone on to be integrated into more fully realized games.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@nintendoeats said:
" I think there is a basic problem with the way people are answering this question. Most of the things people are mentioning are things that are still great to play. I want to see remakes of games that no longer stand up, or were just broken the first time around. hence
Actually the reason I chose the games I did is because they're either really expensive nowadays or they haven't been released here.

Also, I think a remake of Deus Ex would be pretty cool, though I didn't have any problems with it my first time playing it. I though the controls, inventory, and atmosphere were fine. The only thing that doesn't hold up are the graphics, but that makes sense since it's almost ten years old.
valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By valrog
  • MediEvil I/II
  • Metal Gear 1/2
  • Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81  Edited By nintendoeats
@FancySoapsMan said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" I think there is a basic problem with the way people are answering this question. Most of the things people are mentioning are things that are still great to play. I want to see remakes of games that no longer stand up, or were just broken the first time around.

Actually the reason I chose the games I did is because they're either really expensive nowadays or they haven't been released here.   

I would argue for there being a big difference between a remake and a re-release.

Also, I think a remake of Deus Ex would be pretty cool, though I didn't have any problems with it my first time playing it. I though the controls, inventory, and atmosphere were fine. The only thing that doesn't hold up are the graphics, but that makes sense since it's almost ten years old.

There are some things that modern games have trained us to expect (autosave, and better ways to manage large numbers of items are good examples) which could be incorporated into Deus Ex to make the overall experience playable now. the core is solid, there is just some refinement needed on the front-end. This is why it would be nice to have somebody sit down and say "what should we change that will make this game more accesible to modern gamers." To me, this is the core difference between a remake and a re-release, since a re-release's goal  is simply to give somebody the same thing on a new platform. Even if you redraw the graphics of street fighter, or make Ico display a higher resolution, You aren't changing anything about the underlying gameplay.
JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By JammyJesus
@S0mewh4tD4m4ged said:
"Here are the top 3 video games that I want to see remade on current gen consoles. 1.  Resident Evil 2 2.  Final Fantasy 7 3.  Dino Crisis "

this.
Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Baldur's Gate 
Skies of Arcadia 
All of the Sega Saturn Panzer Dragoon games 
KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#84  Edited By KingBroly

Metroid II 
Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars 
River City Ransom

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By HellBrendy
@S0mewh4tD4m4ged said:
" Here are the top 3 video games that I want to see remade on current gen consoles. 1.  Resident Evil 2 2.  Final Fantasy 7 3.  Dino Crisis "
Hell, I'm with you on this one.  

Also Metal Gear Solid, GTA San Andreas and Vice City and some other games I guess. 
dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By dtat
@lead_farmer said:
"mechwarrior 2"

Yes! We need a modern Mechwarrior game.
CptFishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By CptFishstick

The only game I can think of at the moment would be Riven,  (cause all the Monkey Island classics have been remade just yet). That Game was stunning in its time. Just imagine it running in 1080p and more fluent movement like in Myst 4.  
And maybe yet another remake of monkey island, only then with the graphics they showed in the Special Edition of the second one. 

Hmm, and maybe the world is really in desperate need of a Armed and Dangerous remake. That game was freakin' awesome! 

bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By bosshog70

Team Buddies is one game I'd like to see a remake of

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#89  Edited By Symphony

I don't get the idea behind people wanting well done and complete games to be remade. So instead of listing three of my favorite games that still play well and feel complete, I'll go with some that could actually benefit from an update in more ways than "Oh look, shiny new graphics!" 

1) Crystalis -- An NES RPG that was a ton of fun and has huge potential to tell a really neat story but the story-telling was hampered by the hardware and general aptitude of translators at the time. I worry that this game could easily fall into the generic JRPG story trap if it's not treated with enough TLC though, but even if that happened, the combat and music would still be enjoyable if left in tact. 

2) Destiny of an Emperor -- Another NES RPG that was limited by the hardware. The premise was great -- a fun twist on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but the combat was revolutionary at the time and could be even more enjoyable with today's technology. Being able to convert enemy generals into allies was a really fun game mechanic, and the fact some could betray you down the road (ie Lu Bu) kept you second guessing whether or not important generals you recruits would end up stabbing you in the back.

3) Xenogears -- Yep, I love my RPGs, but really this is the dream of any big Xenogears fan -- to have a COMPLETE telling of the Xenogears story. Simply put -- the game felt rushed and incomplete as soon as you hit CD2, turning into more of a storybook than a game. CD1 was perfect. I really couldn't ask for more from it besides maybe a few tropes we're used to nowadays like a more robust map and HD sprites. CD2 is where the work needs to be done. Sadly, that'll never happen, but goddamn would that ever be awesome if it somehow did.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#90  Edited By Winternet

1. Pong

2. Freelancer

3. Freedom Fighters

Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Skullo

FreeSpace

Descent

Unreal Tournament (Get back to what made UT2k4 great.)

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pinworm45

1. Homeworld 
2. Freespace 2 
3. N/A 

I picked these two because they're both games that really appeal to me but are held back (both via technical issues and 'dated' issues), preventing me from playing them and probably making them a bit hard to play. 

As such I'd like to see them remade. Or a sequel at least in the case of Freespace 2.

AquaGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#93  Edited By AquaGeneral

1. Conkers Bad Fur Day (retaining it's original multiplayer component, this time) 

That is all I can think of.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94  Edited By vaiz
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers