• 62 results
#51 Posted by FLYmeatwad (154 posts) -

I wish those Disgaea games would come out on handhelds. There's little chance I spend over 100 hours in front of my PS3 just playing a game like that. Would make a great dent playing it a couple of hours a night before bed while watching TV on my Vita or 3DS though.

#52 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Sooty said:

I'll probably try a few of these games when I'm living there next year, can't fucking wait to watch the World Cup in 4K.

What? Are they broadcasting Rio in 4K in Japan or something?

#53 Posted by casper_ (908 posts) -

@FLYmeatwad: give it a year or two

#54 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
#55 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@pw2566ch said:

And I want some Super Robot Taisen in the US. Those games are graphically awesome.

Never gonna happen. The Original Generations sub-franchise doesn't sell well enough here (Atlus localized the first two on the GBA) and any other ones is a giant licensing nightmare.

WHAT?!?! I guess I'll just have to purchase them on Amazon then.

#56 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Sooty said:

I'll probably try a few of these games when I'm living there next year, can't fucking wait to watch the World Cup in 4K.

What? Are they broadcasting Rio in 4K in Japan or something?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/japan-first-4k-uhd/

sure are

I sit like 1.5 metres away from the 55 inch Plasma as it is in 1080p when watching EPL, so 4k would be perfect.

#57 Posted by Petiew (1362 posts) -
@Blu3V3nom07: It came out in August for the Wii. From a thread a week or so back I read that it sold around 500-600k, whereas DQ IX sold something like 3 million. So I doubt the WiiU version is anticipated enough to get on the list. (If there's even a date set yet)

@Animasta said:

I will never get the fervor for Dragon Quest.

It's fun and a classic series with a lot of charm. The new entries are all unique enough to give the player a whole new experience while retaining what people loved about the old ones. The games are also long and aways packed with a ton of content. I spent much longer in DQ IX than in Skyrim.
#58 Posted by Animasta (14730 posts) -

@Petiew: yeah, I played DQIX for like 4 hours and found it utterly terrible. I can't imagine the other ones fix the problems I had with it either

#59 Posted by Petiew (1362 posts) -
@Animasta: Not everyone can love every kind of game. There are a ton of popular games that I just didn't enjoy either.
Like I said, someone who enjoys a Dragon Quest game will probably enjoy them all due to the similarities between the games. Likewise if you dislike one you'll probably dislike all of them. 
It just so happens that there are 4 million or so people (Mostly Japanese) who love traditional JRPGs and want to play a good one every few years.
#60 Posted by FLYmeatwad (154 posts) -

@casper_: Yeah, that's what I imagine. Hopefully on the Vita as well, because I heard the Disgaea games on the DS were limited in functionality. I just need better gaming habits, I guess. Tough for me to get in to these games on the big screen for some reason though. Having a blast with Fire Emblem on the 3DS though currently. Who knows.

#61 Posted by britxmenyuan (59 posts) -

good thing i got my japanese 3ds on playasia. Normally it cost a lot more than the us version, but i got it for just $180 for the jap version. I still own a US version 3ds but never touched it since i played 3d land on it. Financially i'm able to keep importing games from japan, it's really not that bad, cuz even if it's like $80 for a 3ds game. I normally buy one every 3-4 months, so i'm gonna get DQ7 right now, and wait for a bit till May and pick up Super Robot Wars. The only two PS3 games i'm gonna get at launch this year are Last of US and GTA V. I'll wait for every other games to drop to $20. So i think i'm pretty much covered for 2013...

#62 Posted by Slag (4903 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Looks like Japan still has good taste