#1 Posted by TJUK (97 posts) -

Just in case you follow Totalbiscuit and haven't heard his recent Content Patch episode, he makes a pretty frank and humble address about the passing of Ryan. It's clear that he respects Ryan and the Giantbomb crew generally for what they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9PT_GKhjH8

#2 Edited by SeanFoster (854 posts) -

Very genuine. :)

#3 Posted by Xymox (2055 posts) -

I heard him talking about GB in an older video and it's been quite clear that GB has been an inspiration to him, but I didn't expect him to mention this. I'm glad he did, though. Respect.

Also, the John Peel analogy was spot on and he managed to sort of put a word/context to the whole thing especially in the light of my own reaction to what happened, in a way I've been unable to express myself... It's easy to get blindsided by the fact that it's "the internet" ... and yet radio personalities like Mr. Peel were similarly, and dearly, missed in their passing.

#4 Posted by lighthaze (6 posts) -

TB's a big admirer. He also openely admits that his successfull 'wtf' series was inspired by Quick Looks. Looking at his twitter Ryan's death it hit him pretty hard. I'm not sure, but I guess doing a collab with the GiantBomb guys has been / still is probabaly one thing he'd really like to do.

#5 Edited by Humanity (8709 posts) -

Maybe it's that stupid overlay or the way he just rattles off his death among other noteworthy items like Zombi U sales but it seems extremely in poor taste. You want to talk about someone that influenced you then go ahead, but don't make it just another part of your usual YouTube spiel as if this person's death is equal in importance to Zombi U sales.

#6 Edited by Moridin (713 posts) -

@humanity: It's a gaming news show. This was gaming news. It's the same as looking at Joystiq or Polygon, where stories about Ryan are displayed among other gaming news stories. Listen to what the man said, rather than the way it's presented.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

Glad that everyone is expressing their love for Ryan all over the internet.

#8 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

FYI he ends the episode at 18:40 by dedicating a song to Ryan based on his love for SMB3

#9 Posted by Humanity (8709 posts) -

@moridin: it's a YouTube channel. Also hell yah I'm gonna look at the way it's presented. Just treat it as a separate thing if it's meaningful enough. I suppose thats just me though as I naturally have a strong dislike for all YouTube personalities.

#10 Posted by OneFreeman (78 posts) -

@humanity said:

Maybe it's that stupid overlay or the way he just rattles off his death among other noteworthy items like Zombi U sales but it seems extremely in poor taste. You want to talk about someone that influenced you then go ahead, but don't make it just another part of your usual YouTube spiel as if this person's death is equal in importance to Zombi U sales.

I don't know, it seemed incredibly genuine to me. Did you listen to the whole segment? I thought for a second he was just mentioning in passing, but he really let it all come out. You can tell there was real respect there.

#11 Edited by 49th (2668 posts) -

He is a big fan of Giant Bomb and I recall seeing him wearing a Lincoln Force t-shirt in one of his videos. There is no reason for him not to have included Ryan in that video, that was almost certainly the biggest news of the week and he is informing an audience who quite frankly can be pretty stupid and uninformed the majority of the time.

t-shirt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWXTwVq0foY

#12 Posted by Disaya (279 posts) -

I'm not a fan of Totalbiscuit buts it's cool that he respects and looks up GB and Ryan.

#13 Posted by MocBucket62 (1131 posts) -

Watched this earlier, much respect to TotalBiscuit for addressing this news and knowing that Ryan and GB were inspirations for him. I can only imagine how hard it was for him to talk about this incident.

#14 Posted by jiggajoe14 (629 posts) -

That was a fantastic tribute. Genuine and touching.

#15 Posted by cloudymusic (1041 posts) -

Man, looking at TB's twitter feed makes me feel really good about the GB community. What a bunch of fucking idiots he has to deal with on a daily basis.

#16 Posted by Evilsbane (4516 posts) -

Yea TB has always expressed his respect for GB and what it stands for, it was a great tribute.

#17 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@keres said:

Man, looking at TB's twitter feed makes me feel really good about the GB community. What a bunch of fucking idiots he has to deal with on a daily basis.

Agreed. Take a look at this shit.

#18 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3759 posts) -

@humanity: I don't really know where you're coming from on that one. After he read off Rorie's post he sounded incredibly genuine. It actually got to me a little bit listening to him. I didn't find it in poor taste at all.