Tracking my game collection

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, Jeff's thoughts on cataloging on the bombcast made me wonder about tracking my games.

Has anyone found a good app for Windows? Ideally, I'd like to keep a copy on my phone (android) and back up to pc since i tend to have my phone with me when game buying (plus I've been buying dupes which bums me out)

So...any thoughts duders? I tried to search the forums and didn't see anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I just use a spreadsheet as having purged the majority of my collection its pretty easy to keep track of so consider the Google Sheets app.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

It would be nice if Giant Bomb had functionality to let you catalog your games, show box art, allow you to sort by different metrics like console or year, and allow you to create attractive virtual displays that you can share on social media.

The lists are ... fine, but they basically no customization in terms of appearance or presentation. I keep my collection and my annual top tens in spreadsheets on Google Drive. I have one that has my favorite game, album and movie for every year since 1976. Which would be Break-Out, David Bowie's Station to Station, and Network. I could go back to 65 in albums and to 67 in movies, but I don't know how many games were around then.