striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By striderno9

GameStop has a deal.

Or trade in your 3DS or 2DS and get $75 towards New 3DS XL.

But there's a catch.

That all sounds like a good deal, except if you trade in your old 3DS you won't have it around to transfer your data over to the new one. Which sort of sucks.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

That's really dumb.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Vonocourt

At gamestop? Some information you're missing there bro. And if so, pretty sure they do a system transfer for you.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So GameStop can refurbish them as new 3DS's? At some point, you have to stop giving these fools so much power just so you can save a couple of bucks.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

GameStop is known for refurbishing traded-in, red-ringed 360's to sell as functional, used 360's. Also they gutted Xenoblade-reprints for the Wii to resell them at an inflated "collectors item" price of $70.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No thank you.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wallee321

If only Nintendo could get with the 21 century and have content tied to a global account, like every other entertainment company or store front, instead of hard locked to the actual physical hardware.

I'm sure we will at least hear about the 3ds's successor (maybe the Wii u's too) by the end of next year (2016).

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only Nintendo could get with the 21 century and have content tied to a global account, like every other entertainment company or store front, instead of hard locked to the actual physical hardware.

I'm sure we will at least hear about the 3ds's successor (maybe the Wii u's too) by the end of next year (2016).

Yeah. That is the biggest reason why I tend to buy physical copies of 3DS and Wii U games. The lack of a global account, like PSN, makes me very wary of buying games digitally.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pointless. Why is it that Gamestop bought up and put out of business every other competitor in the market in most places, yet they have no clue how to run a damn video game store? I know why(money) but it is just dumbfounding how they can be so ignorant to what they customers want or how the crap they actually sell works. Did no one think of this?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BisonHero

@deathtrap: Yeah, that's why I think it's nuts that anyone is embracing digital versions of Nintendo games. I'll buy $5-$15 eShop games that are digital only, but that's it. Buying full-priced retail games from the eShop seems crazy, when the Wii U's storage is so low, and if anything happens to your console it's a huge hassle to have Nintendo transfer your game licenses to a new console. They need a global account for all Nintendo devices.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Corevi

@bisonhero: The Phoenix Wright games are only released digitally. I own all three of them that are on the eShop, which totals over a hundred dollars.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if Game Stop was smart they'd offer the transfer service right on the spot of the trade. Other than that no thank you.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Not to mention the fact that if you trade in your old one for a new one, you also will be without a power adapter. Which is dumb.

GhostPantsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just have a question; would it be a good idea for me to do this if I bought a 3DS XL a couple of months ago to trade it in for the N3DS? (The only games I own are physical and the N3DS should be able to play those games, right?)

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I bought anything from the eShop for my 3DS so this might be a good deal for me.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can i just sit there and transfer my junk before i leave? never did it; how long does it take if you have a lot of... erm... junk?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

@bisonhero: The Phoenix Wright games are only released digitally. I own all three of them that are on the eShop, which totals over a hundred dollars.

Oh yeah, that makes complete sense. I bought the original Phoenix Wright channel off the Wii Shop Channel (and boy, let me tell you, those GBA graphics blown up on the 4:3 CRT I had at the time were something alright). Those games on the DS are scarce, and get pricey.

I more so meant that anybody who buys like, a new Mario game or something off the eShop when they could just go buy the physical version is kinda crazy. Like, whatever, I don't think discs/3DS carts are that big of a hassle. I'm usually only playing one game at a time on the 3DS anyways.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By matatat

This is something I may take advantage of then. I imagine they'll let you transfer your stuff too. It's not like they're going to immediately package it up and put it on the shelves. The one thing I want to find out is this whole thing with the charge cable. I imagine they're going to want you to relinquish that when you trade in and I'm not sure how much the standalone cable is so you'll most likely not be truly getting $100 deal for it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can i just sit there and transfer my junk before i leave? never did it; how long does it take if you have a lot of... erm... junk?

I think they'll do it for you, just ask

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If the transfer is there, I'm in. They should give you a coupon or something to get 100 dollars back if you trade in your 3ds in the next 2 weeks or something. Then they wouldn't have to be in charge of the transfer and would probably cause quite a few people to not take advantage of that.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might've considered it, but my 3DS is that Pikachu one that has gotten fairly rare, so I can't in good conscience.