#1 Edited by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

As a zombie, have you ever felt that you were being misrepresented in popular entertainment mediums? If so, this Kickstarter is for you.

"It's time for the living to check their privilege" - Fitzthistlewits

EDIT: I thought I'd add some commentary of my own here since a number of people have claimed this is YouTube spam. I think it's important to look beyond the surface level 'lol zombies instead of women' to notice the underlying critique. For example, pointing out the fact that the author has been making the same videos promised in the Kickstarter for a long time already. It also clearly highlights the difference between a fictional representation of something for the sake of a deeper meaning, and a portrayal that's meant to mirror reality. The person who the video is parodying doesn't seem to understand this, see her commentary on 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy'.

#2 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

It's about time someone stands up for their rights.

#3 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

I've grown tired of this bashing of Anita Sarkeesian. I'm not bothered by it, just bored.

#4 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

@Rainbowkisses said:

I've grown tired of this bashing of Anita Sarkeesian. I'm not bothered by it, just bored.

Bashing? No. Clever criticism wrapped in humor? Yes.

#5 Posted by gamefreak9 (2417 posts) -

@YOU_DIED said:

@Rainbowkisses said:

hehe. This.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@YOU_DIED said:

@Rainbowkisses said:

oh I get it

instead of women it's zombies

CLEVER

(I am not defending her)

#7 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@YOU_DIED said:

@Rainbowkisses said:

oh I get it

instead of women it's zombies

CLEVER

(I am not defending her)

Very surface level observation, did you even watch it?

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Am I the only person who's gonna say that this is YouTube spam?

#9 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Spam would imply irrelevance, and I don't think it is, so maybe. Should it be in the off topic board?

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@YOU_DIED:

It's YouTube spam, since you're just dropping a video onto the site with little to no accompanying text.

#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

This is YouTube spam.
#12 Posted by CornBREDX (5995 posts) -

"5. NO Spam:  Includes but not limited to: promoting personal sites, making comments which have no discussion value such as "first" or "bump", quote pyramids or empty quoting, quest spam,YouTube spam , "chat" threads, and creating any threads with little to no text where off-site content is linked or embedded. This includes starting forum threads to promote your latest podcast or written review on another site. Also, replying to threads that have clearly been created by spam bots is just as bad as the spam itself. Simply notify a moderator about the spam and move on, do not reply to it!" 

here ya go
#13 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Youtubespam, but funny as fuck.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Nope. As far as Zombie parody games go, I'm satisfied with Stubbs the Zomebie, and I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES!!!1

#15 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: How about now?

#16 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@YOU_DIED: there is literally nothing that hasn't been said about anita. It's old news, no one's going to have a change in opinion...

and how is that clever criticism? all those criticisms have been leveled at her already.

#17 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

God.

#18 Posted by Salarn (469 posts) -

@YOU_DIED: I don't get it, why is this funny?

#19 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -

I don't care who it's criticizing I thought it was pretty funny.

#20 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@YOU_DIED: there is literally nothing that hasn't been said about anita. It's old news, no one's going to have a change in opinion...

and how is that clever criticism? all those criticisms have been leveled at her already.

"Clever" does not imply total originality. I'm sorry if you don't think it's funny or novel, I won't hold it against you.

#21 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

I'm sorry you felt this was actually worth bringing to our attention, I won't hold it against you

#22 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

I'm sorry you felt this was actually worth bringing to our attention, I won't hold it against you

Thank you, master, I'll try not to disrupt your delicate mental state with humor in the future