which game?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Its dumb in anything, just like matchmaking in general.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

it actually WORKS. anyone who says it doesn't just isn't as good at the game as he'd like to be. besides it's better and i mean much better than the shitty cod4/rb6 v system

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

I like it most of the time. I wish it took into account more than just winning and losing though. Like K/D ratio and stuff. That would be cool.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Fosssil

At least in the case of Halo 3, it's too easy to progress through the ranks, and there is a large variance in skill gap among "similarly skilled" players (even among the highest ranks). I think the best way to handle ranked matchmaking would be to have a TrueSkill style system in the background (that was invisible to players and took into account things like K/D ratio, quality of win, and margin of victory), and a visible player rank that was affected only by win/loss record (like in Halo 2), and have them both used to determine fair matches.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
Fosssil said:
"At least in the case of Halo 3, it's too easy to progress through the ranks, and there is a large variance in skill gap among "similarly skilled" players (even among the highest ranks). I think the best way to handle ranked matchmaking would be to have a TrueSkill style system in the background (that was invisible to players and took into account things like K/D ratio, quality of win, and margin of victory), and a visible player rank that was affected only by win/loss record (like in Halo 2), and have them both used to determine fair matches."
didn't we both have a simmilar discussion about this recently? there really isn't a gap at all, just it doesn't match you with entirely level 42s say, it matches you from players between say, 38 and 50 or something like that. sure it's far from perfect but at least it is a decent measurement of skill - when you see someone who is a very high level in halo and if you look at their in game performance i think you will find there is a strong resemblance. something which is entirely NOT applicable to cod4s and rb6vs ranking system. plus  getting matched up by trueskill makes for much more competitive games and fighting for a number increase makes it even more so. sure there is a lot of skill above 50 but even so it's a tiny tiny part of the halo 3 population and even so 50 is pretty much a badge of honor in halo 3.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I prefer to choose who I play my games with.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Fosssil
crunchUK said:
"Fosssil said:
"At least in the case of Halo 3, it's too easy to progress through the ranks, and there is a large variance in skill gap among "similarly skilled" players (even among the highest ranks). I think the best way to handle ranked matchmaking would be to have a TrueSkill style system in the background (that was invisible to players and took into account things like K/D ratio, quality of win, and margin of victory), and a visible player rank that was affected only by win/loss record (like in Halo 2), and have them both used to determine fair matches."
didn't we both have a simmilar discussion about this recently? there really isn't a gap at all, just it doesn't match you with entirely level 42s say, it matches you from players between say, 38 and 50 or something like that. sure it's far from perfect but at least it is a decent measurement of skill - when you see someone who is a very high level in halo and if you look at their in game performance i think you will find there is a strong resemblance. something which is entirely NOT applicable to cod4s and rb6vs ranking system. plus  getting matched up by trueskill makes for much more competitive games and fighting for a number increase makes it even more so. sure there is a lot of skill above 50 but even so it's a tiny tiny part of the halo 3 population and even so 50 is pretty much a badge of honor in halo 3."
Lol, yeah we talked about this the other day. I didn't recognize you with the new avatar.

I understand your point and I agree with you, but I think the system could be more effective than it currently is.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

yeah there are times when you just want to punch it in the face

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers