Trying to beat Mega Man without dying...

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I became addicted to the Mega Man series a few days ago thanks to the awesome Blue Bombin' videos. Having never played them before, I decided to play along with Alex, to see if I could crack it, 'cos I'd always been intimidated to play them alone. It took four hours to beat (the first one), saving after bosses and all that. The Steam achievement popped, but I wasn't satisfied, so I arbitrarily decided to challenge myself to beating it without saving or dying. If anyone has the time to check out the video of my first proper attempt and give me some much-needed pointers, I'd be super grateful. I must do this! I struggle with Wily's stage part two the most of all (26 min mark).

This isn't self-advertising by the way, I just need to get this game out of my system so I can play Resi 7 finally without it niggling me.

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I've been playing Mega Man on occasion for a while now and you're already better than me. Good luck, Dude!

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the support sir! I've been practicing Fireman's stage and the Wily stages all day. I just beat the latter several times in a row with 75% of my health still. Now I just need to practice the Mega Man clone fight a bunch, and that's the final piece. I think I'll manage it in the next 10-15 tries, hopefully.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did it, finally, with four notches of health left. Now I can focus on finishing my damn 100-game backlog again.

Loading Video...

I was watching Breaking Brad on the side and forgot the audio was being recorded, so I was kind of multi-tasking to calm myself. I think it helped me get into that subconscious zone. Steam says I've played the game for 42 hours overall. Dayum.

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Awesome job! 1 down, 9 to go!

... Or maybe you should take that RE7 break you were talking about, haha. I just finished it yesterday, definitely recommended.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Congratulations man, that's no small task. Gotta admire your dedication.

There are crazy people who beat Mega Man games without taking a single hit, only using the buster on bosses, etc... not saying a no death run isn't crazy but there are only loftier goals ahead of you. :)

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeevespleez: Nine to go? haha, you tease. I hope to Thor I don't get the itch to run those games in any special way. I started up Resi 7 an hour or so ago; it runs really nice at ultra settings on the 1070 at 1440p; for some reason I expected issues. The atmosphere is exceptional so far, which is when I realized my heart had enough scares for one day and saved it for tomorrow. Thanks for commenting, it meant a lot to my confidence.

@citizencoffeecake:I'm a fan of GGDQ and speedrunners in general, and have watched awesome Mega Man runs in the past (19 mins is the record or something), and they're on another level of dedication and skill than my 43 hours with the game will get me, especially as I played it for the first time ever a week or so ago, haha. Patience, too. I don't have enough to put myself through that hell!

Thank you for the congrats. I'm really happy with my mildly impressive work today. I know it's baby stuff compared to more serious gamers' amazing efforts, but I think it's as far as my ambitions go for now. One day maybe I will go full-on and decide to dedicate my life to Mega Man, who knows. I hope not, for my sanity's sake. I'll leave it to the pros...

videogameninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did it, finally, with four notches of health left. Now I can focus on finishing my damn 100-game backlog again.

Loading Video...

I was watching Breaking Brad on the side and forgot the audio was being recorded, so I was kind of multi-tasking to calm myself. I think it helped me get into that subconscious zone. Steam says I've played the game for 42 hours overall. Dayum.

Great job!

-SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT NINJA APPROVED-

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers