Trying to decide on a 360 game...

trustymutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By trustymutsi

I have enough to get one of these games. Which do you suggest? Please keep in mind I do not have Xbox Live Gold right now

Thanks for any feedback!

Ninja Blade

Spider-man: Web of Shadows

Bully: Scholorship Edition

Saints Row 2

Gears of War 2

Indigo Prophecy

Mirror's Edge

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

The Darkness    
Janzaruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Janzaruk

I would pick Saints Row 2 personally. You'll get the most "bang for you buck" and it's a wildly fun game if sandbox games are your thing.  

Gears 2 is a great game, but pretty short if you don't have LIVE.  

I thought Bully was a strong game, but it's kinda repetitive IMO. Some people will disagree, but I got bored with it a little by the end.   

The Darkness would be a good Halloween game, but it's also kinda short, but a great  dark story if you like that kind of stuff.  

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Baillie

Indigo Prophecy is a must, Saints Row 2 and Gears of War 2 are great also. The Darkness is a good, but an annoying game. 

Indigo Prophecy is my pick, but if you want a 360 game, try Saints Row 2. So much fun.

sw0rdfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By sw0rdfish

Gears 2 is a great game...but Horde is one of the best aspects of it... if you don't have live, you might be missing out. 

Why not look around for a discounted 1 Year Live subscription, instead of a new game? One of the best parts of the XBox is playing online on Live with friends.

trustymutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trustymutsi
@sw0rdfish said:
"Gears 2 is a great game...but Horde is one of the best aspects of it... if you don't have live, you might be missing out.  Why not look around for a discounted 1 Year Live subscription, instead of a new game? One of the best parts of the XBox is playing online on Live with friends. "

Good point, but I'm getting the game from Goozex, a trading site. I have 750 points to use, and those are the games I have points for. Unforetunately, you can't get Live cards. 

Although I AM tempted to try and find a Live deal anyway. I just didn't play online much when I DID have Gold for the last few months. :(
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By bed

i'll go with Saint's Row 2, you get so much for your money. I find it better than GTA 4 and it's just so much damn fun.  
another pick would be  Indigo Prophecy

sw0rdfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By sw0rdfish
@trustymutsi: yeah you gotta use the community sites, like this one... to meet people, and play online with them and so on... 

There's nothing more fun right now for me than sitting down with 3 friends and playing a few hours of FireFight...  same can be said about Horde, or any game...  the key is finding the right people. ( and making sure you have time ). 

If you liked Gears of War... then Gears 2 is a good rounding of the story... you can fly through it then trade it back in for probably a high amount of credit... letting you get something like Saints Row 2 later on...  but I'm guessing... I don't know how Goozex works.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bubahula

Gears2 . but i f you dont have live than mabye you should go with saints row 2
Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By The_Philosopher

Siants Row 2. If you don't have online then Gears 2 will last you like 6 hours. Siants Row 2 is longer and has better replay value and I bet you can find it for a better price than Gears 2. Get Siants Row 2 or Bully or indigo prohecy. 
If you want a good story get Indigo Prohecy but if you just wanna dick around get Siants Row or Bully.

Ninja Blade, Mirror's Edge, Web of Shadows all suck don't get any of them! The Darkness is decent.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Jeust
@trustymutsi: what do you like to play?
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By ZenaxPure

Yes, if you had to go with one of those games Saints Row 2 or Bully is probably your pick. They probably has the most content. I haven't personally played either, and would suggest others but not in this situation. Both of those are those sandbox games with a ton of content. Stuff like Indigo Prophecy and Gears 2 I love... but not worth the cash your situation. Seriously... I love Indigo Prophecy, but I beat the entire game in 2 sittings.

Nock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nock

And the Answer is 
Gears of War 2

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By armaan8014

Bully: Scholorship Edition

Saints Row 2

Gears of War 2

any of these
Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Depends on your taste, I'd suggest Gears of War 2

Some of these games should be a lot cheaper though, I suspect you could get 2 out of Indigo Prophecy, Mirror's Edge or Need for Speed: Most Wanted for the price of Gears 2.

trustymutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By trustymutsi
@Jeust:
Well, some of my favorite games have been: 

Fable 2 
Sacred 2 
Hitman: Blood Money 
Resident Evil 5 (Specifically like upgrading weapons, and going back and owning monsters that used to give me trouble.) 
Rock Band 
Batman :AA 
Fallout 3 
Left 4 Dead 

I'ma  big fan of co-op and new game +.