#1 Edited by dudeglove (7908 posts) -

From the January 22nd 2013 bombcast (yes I know it say's 21st). Jeff recounts the tale of how one individual willingly butt chugged in a bar bathroom. I decided it needed the obnoxious Extra Creditz/Zero Punctuation treatment for posterity. I think there are worse ways to spend a Sunday tbh. Enjoy.

Full podcast: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-01-22-2013/1600-374/

#2 Posted by dudeglove (7908 posts) -

And for some reason this double posted. Whoops.

#3 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

unghhhh 0:52. Also +1 for Gortex

#4 Posted by Vance_Helsing (215 posts) -

butchug

#5 Posted by Willza92 (264 posts) -

Haha, I always enjoy these! :)

#6 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5595 posts) -

I love these memorable clips from bombcasts of years past.

Also this.

#7 Posted by dudeglove (7908 posts) -
#8 Edited by DFL017 (140 posts) -

Nice job man

#11 Edited by RetroVirus (1476 posts) -

Excellent work!

#12 Edited by EarthBowl (164 posts) -

Funny Stuff!

#13 Edited by Sammo21 (3298 posts) -

At 28 years old I still don't see the point in knowingly getting drunk, let alone blackout drunk.

Anyway, good job on the video.

#14 Posted by Pudge (887 posts) -

@sammo21 said:

At 28 years old I still don't see the point in knowingly getting drunk, let alone blackout drunk.

I'm with you man. No idea. I'm 23, never even touched a drop of alcohol, never want to.

#15 Posted by toots (462 posts) -

oh my god, laughing my ass off

#16 Posted by Sammo21 (3298 posts) -

@pudge: I like alcohol OK, but I'm smart enough to not abuse it. I think I've only ever drank like...2 drinks max in a sitting, lol. Honestly, I think less of people who just get "tore up".

#17 Posted by bybeach (4848 posts) -

Occasionally I do check out the user contributions. This one is wonderful..as they can often be. For one I am in luv w/the Asian lady (Japanese..Taiwanese..can't see her whole face)) while horrified by that baster she is holding. So I get a real whipsaw effect on just that one image. And the other is that this is a real thing, real ppl. Uni ppl. often in fact, actually do this shit, and you can die from it. This has been an applied approach for some drugs (not by me!!!) for a while now, and I guess the booze crowd didn't want to be left 'behind'...

Just to mention there is a Mayan mural showing a guy chopping off his own head after having some infusion shoved up his ass. PPl. knew about this then, so it isn't like this is a BAD IDEA is just breaking news...but this was very well presented.

#18 Posted by WASDF (111 posts) -

@pudge said:

@sammo21 said:

I'm with you man. No idea. I'm 23, never even touched a drop of alcohol, never want to.

its weird to see people say things like they have never once participated in one of the most popular social rituals in the history of the world. goes to show you how social some people can't be.

#19 Posted by Pudge (887 posts) -

@wasdf: From my perspective, I find it quite sad that one of the most popular social rituals in history involves willingly poisoning yourself in a public setting, not to mention that it leads to all sorts of unnecessary deaths due to lack of judgement and DUIs. All in the name of being "social". If I can't enjoy myself having a conversation with someone when they're stone cold sober, I really don't want to hang out with that person at all anyway.

#20 Posted by WASDF (111 posts) -

regardless if it is sad or not (in some cases, I would agree with you), being 23 and having never had that experience is kind of an unfortunate thing.

#21 Edited by Pudge (887 posts) -

@wasdf: Why? Because I didn't have a blowout party two years ago that I wouldn't remember anyway? Because I didn't understand the popularity of The Hangover? Because I didn't have the pleasure of meeting a bunch of fraternity dudebros? Just because something is traditional and a rite of passage doesn't mean it's required for everyone. It's not like I can't walk into a bar with friends without freaking out, they do serve water and soda. Most often, I'd just rather spend my time doing literally ANYTHING else.

#22 Posted by WASDF (111 posts) -

"Why? Because I didn't have a blowout party two years ago that I wouldn't remember anyway? Because I didn't understand the popularity of The Hangover? Because I didn't have the pleasure of meeting a bunch of fraternity dudebros?"

None of that is at all a requirement when you drink. Yeah, you'd be fine if you never ever ever ever touch a drop of alcohol, but to ignore it completely is to miss out on an interesting part of life. Doesn't matter though, I think its silly to write it off but its your life. Peace out, my friend.

#23 Posted by Sammo21 (3298 posts) -

@wasdf: I didn't say I haven't drank before, but I think it's stupid to do something knowingly harmful to your body with absolutely no positive side effects. I personally couldn't care if a person on the internet thinks I'm dumb for not ending my night vomiting or in a toilet bowl. Also, there's nothing negative about a person who decided to never drink. You come off sounding like a person angry for no logical reason.

#24 Edited by mithhunter55 (614 posts) -

@pudge: rituals tend to be from past old and around for long long time. Not to make this a fight but really though you are making this sound way more binary then it is. I am not inclined to drink very often. Yet sometimes at bigger party things it is nice to drink to feel a bit less introspective. Along with a few other things I tend to think most alcohol is more of a waste of money.

#25 Posted by Pudge (887 posts) -

@mithhunter55: I get that, there are good reasons. But it's binary for me, I'm Straight Edge. All or nothing. I guess that can make me sound a little hasty with my decisions since my mind is completely made up, but there ya go.

Sorry to derail this thread everybody!

#26 Posted by Sharpless (471 posts) -

Both sides of the issue need to get off their high horse. It's fun to drink, but drinking is by no means a necessary part of life. If you do it, have fun and be responsible. If you don't, that's fine too. Neither drinking nor not drinking makes you a better person.

#27 Edited by John1912 (1892 posts) -

Death by Alcohol Enema - This death from '1000 Ways to Day' is one that could obviously be real, as ingesting alcohol in any form can be deadly. Here the man's reason for wanting the alcohol enema is that he just had throat surgery and can't drink it, so he has his wife give him an alcohol enema composed of sherry. Since it bypasses the digestive tract and goes straight to the bloodstream, an alcohol enema makes whatever alcohol is used take effect faster, which can lead to alcohol poisoning and death much more quickly that ingesting alcohol by mouth. So this is another death from '1000 Ways to Die' that we can all learn a very valuable life lesson from: alcohol is already deadly, but ingesting it the wrong way makes it even more so.

#28 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@sammo21 said:

@wasdf: I didn't say I haven't drank before, but I think it's stupid to do something knowingly harmful to your body with absolutely no positive side effects. I personally couldn't care if a person on the internet thinks I'm dumb for not ending my night vomiting or in a toilet bowl. Also, there's nothing negative about a person who decided to never drink. You come off sounding like a person angry for no logical reason.

How is getting drunk not a positive side effect? That's like the whole fucking point lol.

#29 Edited by Max_Cherry (1136 posts) -

But I don't want to take it up the ass!

#30 Edited by Sammo21 (3298 posts) -

@example1013: Cancer and diabetes would like a word with you.

#31 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@sammo21: I hardly see how that counters my argument.

#32 Edited by RollingZeppelin (2001 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan: I just realised that Jeff sounds a lot like David Lynch when he starts chatting with Patrick over the WiiU ha ha!

@sammo21 said:

How is getting drunk not a positive side effect? That's like the whole fucking point lol.

Yeah, letting loose and getting drunk with my friends gave me some of the best memories in my life. Not to mention that ladies get a lot more, let's say, hot and bothered after a few drinks ;).

#33 Edited by dudeglove (7908 posts) -

Oh good grief this is on the front page. Thanks, mods!

#34 Posted by HellknightLeon (467 posts) -

I want to do this! GAME ON! That and all kinds of stiff needs to go in my butt! Maybe mints and Coke! My butt is ready! See you guys on the other side!

#35 Edited by Undeadpool (4948 posts) -

@dudeglove: I am...so blown away that this was all the way back in January. Seems LITERALLY like it was last month...

Also your edit is hilarious and apropos...and like REALLY frenetic and I kinda love that!

#36 Posted by posh (493 posts) -
@pudge said:

@sammo21 said:

why are you depriving yourself of anything at all in a finite existence? how have you not been in situations where everybody else is drinking? i drink with my friends regularly, we're not "frat dudebros", it's just a decent social lubricant

#37 Edited by Pudge (887 posts) -

@posh: I have been in those situations. I drink soda. And your logic isn't exactly the greatest here. I choose not to drink, just like I choose not to stab myself, or throw myself into a fire, or run naked through the office that I work at, or jump off the Grand Canyon, or scream profanities at old people at the mall. I'm sure all those would be unique experiences as well, but they would all have consequences attached to them that aren't exactly enjoyable.

Now that I've gotten the jokes out of my system, I'll try to explain. I've weighed the pros and cons and realized that a straight edge lifestyle is the one for me. I don't drunk dial anyone, I don't get into a car under the influence of anything, I don't sound like an idiot when I'm talking to people (well, most of the time anyway). I don't see any benefit to drinking at all, and I have plenty of fine experiences with friends be they drinking or not without the need for a drug. That's why.

#38 Edited by mlarrabee (2972 posts) -

I know it's taken me a long time to say this, but your inclusion of WKUK makes you alright in my book.

#39 Posted by eccentrix (1569 posts) -

I don't know if this is necrobumping or not, but there's a prominent link to this thread in the community showcase, so I think it's okay.

@sammo21 said:

@pudge: I like alcohol OK, but I'm smart enough to not abuse it. I think I've only ever drank like...2 drinks max in a sitting, lol. Honestly, I think less of people who just get "tore up".

I can understand getting drunk, it's the drinking alcohol without wanting to get drunk thing I don't understand.

#40 Posted by Sammo21 (3298 posts) -

@eccentrix: Why? I like the taste of a Coke, but I don't want to drink one until I physically vomit and get a sugar high. I also stay so busy that I can never even imagine a time in which I would even consider allowing myself to get a hangover. Then again, maybe I am just a boring person. I've never done drugs, I've never smoked a cigarette, and I don't drink to excess. I guess in 2014 that's a weird thing for someone who isn't a religious fundamentalist, "straight edge", or a prude?

#41 Posted by eccentrix (1569 posts) -

@sammo21: You're the one thinking less of people for getting drunker than you. I just don't get why you like the taste of alcohol, that's all. When I drink, I drink to get drunk, because otherwise, I'll just have a soda.

#42 Posted by Sammo21 (3298 posts) -

@eccentrix: I don't like the taste of all alcohol and I typically don't drink anything straight. I drink Mojitos, Baileys, and other stuff. Also, most of the people I know who drink to excess are the type of people who get drunk and then complain about it the next day, so perhaps experiences have defined by opinions. I think the same of people who smoke pot all the time and then don't really do anything with their lives.