Turn 10 Must Be Shitting Their Pants Right Now

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By DrPockets000

Sounds like someone doesn't like Turn 10. 

Also, I will be buying NFS and not GT5.  So there ya go.

Amethyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Amethyst

Where's the link? Last I heard, the kart racing and track editor were just rumors.

@Ace829 said:

" @Symphony said:
" I was wondering when you'd make another typical KaosAngel thread. You were actually beginning to sound civil for awhile there. "
I think he's Giant Bomb's pet troll at this point. You can't go a month without one of these threads I suppose. "
Aye.
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#153  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Its really not fair to compare between the two, GT 5 was developed for over 6 years now.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By DrPockets000
@KaosAngel: Imma let you finish, but Mario had the BEST racing sim on any platform!
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By JokerSmilez
@zudthespud said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @CL60 said:
"  Keep the fanboy garbage off this site. "
This has nothing to do with fanboys, I never once mentioned the PS3 or 360, it has everything to do with the crap Turn 10 has been pulling for the past few years on GAF, other sites and whatnot. 

@Brendan said:
" KaosAngel threads make me laugh.  Possibly the most immature "business school graduate with multiple expensive cars" I have ever heard of.  Stick to telling believable stories behind your keyboard, kid.  Or go cry about FF13 more, whichever you feel is the most productive use of your time.  "
While at it claiming to know about me...technically I graduated with Business Legal (hence why I'm going to law school at the moment), and my Infinity G37 was only $40,000 but I will admit the Mercedes I got as a graduation gift is a bit pricer...but I do love it!   I posted pictures of them about a month ago, they're pretty!  :D  "
I am genuinely amazed that you aren't 13. "
My favorite part about that post is he's called out for sounding immature and he thinks that telling us about being given an expensive car as a gift negates that argument. 
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#157  Edited By Death_Unicorn

You could have been playing some awesome racing games while you waited for GT5, and enjoyed both?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By KaosAngel
@dudeglove: Hey, I would like to thank you and let you know I added that picture as my main picture online in my profile.  If you turn me into a meme, I will love you forever. 

@Symphony:
 Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone would I?  :P
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By iam3green

cool list man. right now i'm not hyped as there are still 2 something months before gt5 comes out. they can cancel the release AGAIN when they want to. this game has been in development for a long time. 

turn 10 are just going to copy the features that gt5 had and bring it to the next one. turn 10 are making forza 4 for kinnect already.

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#160  Edited By iiNF3RNo

fanboy alert?

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#161  Edited By CoolDrMoney

KaosAngel makes an ass of himself thread #48. Also, continues to be a marketing department's wet dream.

Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Skullo

Do we flag fanboyism? Honest question.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#164  Edited By Vinny_Says
@KaosAngel: You seem to have it out for forza, it's a good series after all. Also is GT5 coming out on xbox? Why would turn 10 shit their pants? Is Microsoft gonna fuck em up for not spending 10 years developing their game and making it the best thing ever? You gotta calm down buddy, when Turn 10 said Forza was the definite racing sim GT5 didn't have a release date, they had every right to claim whatever they wanted.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#165  Edited By Icemael
@KaosAngel said:
" @Gearhead: ...but GT5 Prologue still out sold each of the Forza games....so that should tell you something? 
"
And God of War III outsold both Bayonetta and God Hand combined. And every single Zelda ever released outsold Okami. Et cetera, et cetera.

Sales =/= quality. Sales = quality + marketing + brand recognition + mainstream appeal.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By Sin4profit
@babblinmule said:
" That post stunk of fanboyism"
yeah, that always annoys me.

@KaosAngel said:
" @Gearhead: ...but GT5 Prologue still out sold each of the Forza games....so that should tell you something? "
it tells you GT is an older, more established and trusted franchise, sales numbers don't automatically dictate quality of a product.
As far as flying the flag on realism, most PC simmers look down on all console sim racers...though, most of these PC sims look like ass, so the console sim is the happy medium.

I dunno what "shit" they were talking, but if all you are talking about is them calling their game the definitive racing game, then, yeah...that's just marketing. Which makes yer hatred for Turn 10 just come off as some weird speculatory tangent with no real foundation.

All that aside, as a non PS3 owner, GT5 does look pretty good on paper, only issue here is when you put your fanboy hat on you make people actively WANT to argue against the things you are praising and that's probably not fair for GT5...it deserved better then that.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By jkz
@CoolDrMoney said:
" KaosAngel makes an ass of himself thread #48. Also, continues to be a marketing department's wet dream. "
/thread. 

Moving on.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#168  Edited By animateria

GT and Forza aren't really in too much of a competition (aside from flame wars for crazy ass fanboys).

There aren't enough proper driving sims on the consoles for one. 

They are on different consoles. 

The driving sim fan base is relatively small so if you have both consoles you are likely to buy both (Again unless you're an unreasonable fanboy).

And I totally don't get why NFS comes into the equation at all. It's a arcade racer. I play something like GT and NFS for different reasons.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

lol I think turn 10 is more likely to think...it finally got released? if poly doesn't get it out, turn 10 will likely release another game in the time its taken them to release just one.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Normally I'd be against unwarranted blatant bashing of devs, but I'm all for this. When Turn 10 starts saying stuff like "look at us, we can release 3 games in the time it takes for them to release 1 hahaha" or "their game won't even be around this generation" and so on and so on, I feel like deserve all the trash talk they get. Press releases like that sound really petty to me, almost like they're trying to assert their dominance. I don't want Turn10 to fail as I feel Forza is an amazing series(I own 2 and love the hell out of it, so shut the hell up before you think I'm so rabid GT fanboy), but I do hope GT5 just destroys them in terms of sales numbers.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By pwnasaurus

forza is fine GT 5 will be good but i dont see why they are shittin their pants not like it will hurt their target market or sales.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#172  Edited By Vinny_Says
@PrimeSynergy said:

" Normally I'd be against unwarranted blatant bashing of devs, but I'm all for this. When Turn 10 starts saying stuff like "look at us, we can release 3 games in the time it takes for them to release 1 hahaha" or "their game won't even be around this generation" and so on and so on, I feel like deserve all the trash talk they get. Press releases like that sound really petty to me, almost like they're trying to assert their dominance. I don't want Turn10 to fail as I feel Forza is an amazing series, but I do hope GT5 just destroys them in terms of sales numbers. "

can you link me to the press release where they state: 
"look at us, we can release 3 games in the time it takes for them to release 1 hahaha"
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#173  Edited By Sooperspy

I forgot about this game. Got a PS3 in May and I may have to get this. Also, GT5 is only on PS3, and NFS is on 360 and PS3 and PC (I think).

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#174  Edited By SumDeus

...I don't see what's so great about GT5. Looks boring. Only racers I like are games like Twisted Metal and Blur if you could even call them racing games.

intoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#175  Edited By intoblivion

I don't think GT5 will have as good car painting as Forza 3, so Forza 3 Wins?

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By DavidSnakes

You must work for Polyphony or Sony, otherwise there is no excuse for such dumb fuck shilling.  Go get a job, go take some classes, go bother someone else

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By DrPockets000
@Icemael said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Gearhead: ...but GT5 Prologue still out sold each of the Forza games....so that should tell you something? 
"
And God of War III outsold both Bayonetta and God Hand combined. And every single Zelda ever released outsold Okami. Et cetera, et cetera. Sales =/= quality. Sales = quality + marketing + brand recognition + mainstream appeal. "
A damn good point.  
Yankee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Yankee

No, they won't be shitting themselves because they can make a game in a reasonable amount of time. GT can throw everything but the kitchen sink in their game because they pump out a sequel every five years. Meanwhile, Turn 10 will have 2-3 new iterations out in the same time span. If both studios were on similar development schedules they would appear to be much more even with every release. As it stands now, a GT game will come out probably ahead when it releases and will then be outclassed by the Forza series by the time another game actually comes out. It's just a cycle. However, something tells me Sony won't exactly let the GT guys pull this nonsense again because having GT5 out a lot earlier would have probably pushed a lot more hardware earlier in this generation.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#179  Edited By Shadow

I don't give 2 shits (maybe not even one) about GT5, and I'll probably end up picking up Need For Speed.  They're totally different racing games meant for totally different audiences.  The super racing game-obsessed crowd will get something out of both.  If Halo and Call of Duty came out on the same day, I'd assume both would sell extremely well despite each other.  It's the same situation here.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#180  Edited By Jost1

Too bad GT games are boring :)

Just my personal taste obviously but I have never enjoyed a Gran Turismo game, they're so sterile and dull

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Lukeweizer

I hope it can't live up to the hype and crashes and burns.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Cramsy
@KaosAngel: Really? Sure thing, Mr Fanboy.  

I think turn 10 will enjoy having three games released and have a good reputation of being able to launch games..y'know.. on time. Sure GT5 will be great but what do you think will happen? 

Microsoft: OMG THERE'S A BETTER RACING GAME A YEAR AFTER YOURS. ALL OF YOU! FIRED.  

I'll be picking up GT5 and Forza 4 (when it comes out) Because I enjoy racing games. That's it.
andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By andymp
@KaosAngel said:

Is anyone else glad Turn 10 is about to get their asses handed to them in 2 months?  I hope they lose face, and they stick with Kinnect racing games, they aren't even worthy of making another simulation of cars.    Pro Tip - Don't talk shit on a game when the paid demo edition is outselling your full retail games. "

Ummm, no. Couldn't care either. I own Forza 3, have played it and enjoyed it; and I'll buy GT5, will play and enjoy that as well. Why would anyone at Turn 10 be in the slightest bit bothered about GT5 ? If you know anything about videogames, it is surely that they all learn and borrow from each other anyway. So GT5 will no doubt build on the things that worked in Forza 3 and the next Forza will learn from and build on the things that worked in GT5.
nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#184  Edited By nywt

The last Gran Turismo game I owned and played was GT 2 way back on the PS1 and I am super excited for this game. Now could anybody give me a link with more info on GT-TV? The OP said something about it containing full episodes of Top Gear and I would love to know what the deal is with that. I'll also be picking up the new Need For Speed game because that will quench my Burnout thirst. The is a great year to love driving games!

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By BionicMonster
@Dirty_Harry said:
" Yes, i would rather buy the NFS game if its any good as the old hot pursuit.  EDIT: And i thought that GT5 was a sim racer? Why would even compare those two... "
exactly, I doubt GT5 and NFS have the same exact audience.
Kollosson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Kollosson
@lawlerballer:
I'm no fanboy, i own both consoles, i've played Forza 3 to the point of boredom, yes thats right, the game becomes a borefest, there is alot wrong with Forza 3 , its as though its been rushed. 
Turn 10 have had their pokes at GT5 and yet shamelessly copied the menus from Prologue, manufacturers garage car view, car in beautiful location ( except there is only one )  the cars in Forza in some cases are downright poor, with bobbly body work showing a lack of polys, in fact, apart from the HD i think GT4 is miles better than Forza 3 as a game. 
I purchased a PS3 to play GT5. The game looks unbelievable and there is so much content its staggering.  
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#187  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Forza 3 is awesome.

I didn't read anything else in this thread. All I know is that I enjoy Forza, but that won't stop me from checking out GT5.

I am a friend to all games.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By vitor
@KaosAngel: In the time it took for GT5 to be made and released, the Forza team created 3 complete games. Considering the development costs of those games, they probably made way more money overall than GT5 will. 

I fully expect GT5 to be the new benchmark for racing games but that doesn't excuse the fact that their development cycle has been a complete joke, borderline unprofessional and I'm pretty sure that Sony will be keeping a tight rein on Yamauchi over the development of the next game.  

In many ways, GT5 only took so long because it was playing catch up with the Forza series and other simulators - game was delayed to add damage modelling and I'm pretty sure the racing line wouldn't be in there if it wasn't for Forza. The casual market is far more important for this game's success than purely the hardcore and Polyphony owe a debt to the Forza teams advances in making the driving sim more approachable to the non-petrol heads out there. 

Also, NFS is coming out a week earlier and I doubt there's much overlap in their audiences, especially on 360 and PC. I think it will affect sales but it's not the death knell you seem to assume.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#189  Edited By KaosAngel
@Vitor: GT5 Prologue outsold every Forza game, GT PSP outsold Forza, and GT5 is the UK's biggest game launch. 

I don't think people really understand how big the GT brand is in Europe and Japan....
marrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By marrec
@FancySoapsMan said:
" Forza 3 is awesome.  I didn't read anything else in this thread. All I know is that I enjoy Forza, but that won't stop me from checking out GT5.  I am a friend to all games. "  
I like your philosophy. 

Competition in any market is great. For the longest time Forza was it for next gen only challenged by... Shift. *lol* GT5 will not piss anyone off but light a fire up under someone's ass for their next game.  I fully expect the next Forza game to be on par if not better than GT5, and it won't take 6 years.
mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By mastrbiggy

because GT5 is going to hurt Turn 10's 360 use base.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By vitor
@KaosAngel: Forza 2 stands at 4.05m. If you combine all 3 Forza games, overall sales may be less than GT5 and prologue combined but, considering the lower development costs of those 3 games, I bet Turn 10 and MS made a better profit than Sony and Polphony will.  GT5 isn't multiplatform so it's not going to reach COD's sales figure by any margin despite the record preorders. 

I would also rather have 3 consistently excellent games with fewer features over the course of 6 years than have to bear the interminable wait for this one release.
234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#193  Edited By 234r2we232

I'm pretty sure at this point, that people are buying Gran Turismo games out of habit. I don't think it actually reflects the quality of the game.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Aus_azn
@Kollosson: My sentiments precisely. Forza 3 lacked the finesse given to Forza 2, it did feel like a knockoff on reflection. 

@FancySoapsMan: I enjoyed Forza 2 thoroughly, and I'm sure I'd have enjoyed Forza 1 as well. Forza 3 just didn't cut the mustard for what it should have been. 

@Vitor: I don't find their dev cycle any worse than Blizzard's for example. Of course, GT had to add those features since they've all been new developments since GT4's release, so I don't find that particularly unusual. In terms of the dev costs, I disagree. GT has probably had a hell of a lot more money poured into it than Forza, and that's because it's had the staying power for all of these years, able to shift units faster than anything. Contrast Forza 2's 900000 and Forza 3's 400000 (according to MGC's Live tracker), relative expenditure is sure to match. I doubt T10 has dumped as much money into its games purely because it wouldn't be profitable to do so. And because each Forza built upon very similar engines as compared with the 3 or 4(GT1, GT2/3, GT4, GT5P/GTPSP/GT5?) of GT, this is not unexpected. 

EDIT: T10 produced 2 excellent games. In no way was F3 stellar.

@KaosAngel: Wait, GTPSP outsold Forza? I don't believe it. That was an affront to the whole GT series. 

@mastrbiggy: Well, T10 has lost me for sure.
falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#195  Edited By falconer
@KaosAngel said:
" @Vitor: GT5 Prologue outsold every Forza game, GT PSP outsold Forza, and GT5 is the UK's biggest game launch.  I don't think people really understand how big the GT brand is in Europe and Japan.... "
The fact that you keep repeating the same thing over and over, and nothing more, amuses me.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#196  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" I'm pretty sure at this point, that people are buying Gran Turismo games out of habit. I don't think it actually reflects the quality of the game. "
The habit they got from buying GT games for 6 years while PD was milking this franchise.
Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sounds like KaosAngel got his panties in a wad over nothing

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#198  Edited By Sin4profit

eyes...they are a'rollin'

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By xyzygy

I really don't get this thread. While both games are on competing consoles, in NO way shape or form are Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 in any sort of competition. They don't make games for the same consoles, therefore their products cannot technically compete.

Therefore, Turn 10 probably does not care what PD thinks, and Turn 10 are probably going to enjoy GT5 (they are human too you know) just like the rest of us.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By MikkaQ

Yay fanboys, let's all act like Gamespot forum members! 

For the record I bought the new NFS and not the new Gran Turismo game. I don't want to have to pass some retarded license test to play a game, I just want to tear road up, the new Need for Speed is perfect for that. Comparing them is stupid, too since they're different genres.  

Also I've never enjoyed the GT games versus Forza. It's a more accessible series than GT, I've always liked the presentation better, and of course quality over quantity. Plus I straight up don't like the way japanese racing games feel. They're just less cohesive and singular an experience than something like Forza, which makes getting into online games and custom game setups you want super easily, just better UI on the whole.  

But whatever, it mostly boils down to different tastes. GT and Forza are similar in their goals, but cater to different audiences. Forza fits my style better, I suppose.